Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2020-08-20 Content Update (277572)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    4) The patch should've been there from the very beginning to counteract inflation and influx of botted gold. Making it retroactively just indicates, that nobody thought of it before or didn't care enough.

5) To deter bots you need variability and control of human sensory ability. Usually devs use sight to control for humans, e.g. the random letters and numbers in squiggly lines, picking pictures. The questions at the gates from previous events were an attempt at that. A better version of that would be something like this: Make random zonerift type things spawn anywhere on the map RANDOMLY. When they spawn they make a distinguishable loud sound and have one of those huge spotlights. Anyone with sight and hearing ability can rush to them immediately. They expire within 10s or whatever is appropriate. They take you to the actual gold loot zone.

6) Retire or fix the PC client. I'm not terribly well read on botting, but if I remember correctly, there are several hurdles to botting on mobile devices.
    I agree with what you said in 4). I feel like no one at STG realised the kinds of inflation these events cause; or just didn't care enough to not implement it.

Also, you would still be able to bot maps with only minor losses in efficiency if #5 is implemented, unfortunately. There's also the problem that botting on mobile is just as easy as it is on PC too.

Bot counter-measures have to involve some kind of human interaction, whether it's inputting a 2digit alpha-numeric code or whatever. Even then, you can still work around those obstacles with a bit more effort.

Bots will never be stopped entirely, but they can be weeded out in large numbers if the right counter-measues are put in place.

Just my 2 cents, but otherwise I agree with everything you said. Just know it's not as black and white as "this system will stop bots," because that is simply not the case anymore.
    Last edited by Dexteritys; 08-21-2020 at 01:31 AM.
    raid that roach

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dexteritys For This Useful Post: