Quote Originally Posted by Gardenthief View Post
Great post that really gives a lot of perspective on the game rn. The more overpowered a player is, the less they need to employ strategy. 1 - because there is not need to strategize when everything just dies. 2 - because that's how the human brain works; we opt for maximum efficiency, which means getting the job done with minimal effort.

Nowadays, we don't see many rogues that go for high priority targets, like witches in m6 or healing shamans in Dragkin Temple, which may have been the aftermath of "op rogues" era where spamming skills is good enough. I see a similar trend happening where warriors will just prioritize personal damage over keeping mob aggro or keeping their team alive in future content.

We can't really blame the players for going for the most op damage class, because the game rewards good damage dealers more than anything else. With lots of defensive options like pots, ankhs (outside of wave content), pet aa's, elixirs..., you bet warriors will feel like they're useless even when they do a good job tanking. The quote "the best defence is a good offence" will continue to ring true unless the devs find a way to make tanking relevant.
Lots of truth in that.

I appreciate STS' efforts to try and keep everyone happy, but going for the short term fixes like giving damage to everyone will only get worse in the long run.

Then again, if it continues like this I don't really see a "long run". XD