Thread: Can sts not make rare vanities for sale again in vendors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xsilentninjax View Post
    Don't know how you came up with this conclusion. I don't have the set nor do I want it, ever. lol

My point was relatively simple, the impact wasn't that bad seeing as OP only talks regarding value.

Post-scenario - Green arlor is rereleased (or blue for this year, who knows?)
    Arlorian winterfest sets are still worn commonly from all classes, it states that there is still a demand for it.
    Increasing availability would create more opportunities for others to obtain similar satisfaction, granted it has to be earned compared to being entitled.

And this may seem off-topic but is it really that much of a big deal for the player base?
    Not quite, the devs do take in suggestions however the final decision are always theirs.
    Not claiming you wanted the set, merely mocking how re-releases shouldn't be welcomed in general. People can get the set they want, it's just a matter of how much they want to spend for it, rarity and the grind just adds to the thrill of . Not really into the monetary value, but it just so happens that it correlates to rarity (which is ofc why a lot of discontinued weapons/gear are expensive). I could care less about recolors, though lazy designs for most, it benefits me as a collector as I see it as a different item to add to my collection.

It might not be a big deal for those who don't care about rarity, the thought of "everyone getting the same satisfaction" is a nice thought and all, but a big part of the satisfaction people get from earning those vanities comes from the thought of "not a lot of people have this", STS even capitalizes on this by having limited quantities of x vanity for sale. I get why some people may think "everyone should have a chance to obtain these items" (which they do, through auc/forums/sheer luck), but rarity is exactly what makes Vip and Maarkus' houses are so special.

Also if content is the subject then it's all the more better if they create an entirely new one instead of re-releasing old ones. But then again, I doubt we can do jack sh-- if re-releases is what the devs want.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post: