Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Stash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

How about they can only get one item until they return it they can get new item and amount increase the higher the rank if you leave guild the item goes back and how about a time limit of having that item every 2weeks it goes back to stash and you have to borrow it again you cant steal anyway cause you cant sell it or trade it or liquadate
    And there could be guild banker officer member new member leader event setter and something vice leadee like thing
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 07-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Or a Plat section where no one can take the plat, not even the leader, and save the plat as a guild to buy a better guild hall.
    Just an idea for those who use tapjoy and get like 1 plat for each app they download.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    This idea is kind of an iffy for me what if one day a guild member turns bad and steals all the items from the stash and leaves?
    there could be a master " return per order of the guild master" button for guild owned equipment. That would not be too hard to program...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I think you should be able to create your own ranks...like when you create the guild you have an option to have 2, 3, 4, 5 kinds of ranks then you can name them? You could have certain names blocked too so you can't have cuss words and stuff.
    I had the same idea but I hadn't the time to go into detail (I was on lunch at the NCO Academy). Here's an overview of what I was thinking.

All bank storage tabs would be able to have their own "simple" titles set by the guild leader (with the same chat filter restrictions). Withdrawal limits set by the guild could include, gold, item quantity, length of loan, and member's rank storage access (again set by guild leader). Let's talk about the bank loan system. I'll use an example, to help explain my idea.

Orcish is a "New Recruit" and has the rank of "PVT" which allows him the ability to; access bank storage tab 3, withdrawal one item and 500 gold every 24 hours. Orcish can view other tabs but has no permissions allowing him to manipulate the other storage tabs(because the guild leader has set the option for all guildies to view all tabs, not just certain officer's, even though they could restrict viewing). Orcish withdrawals an item from bank storage tab 3 which happens to have an "item loan return" (Set particularly for bank storage tab 3 by the guild leader). When Orcish pulls the item from the bank, a ghost icon version of that item appears in the slot where the "physical" item was taken from. Twenty days later, Orcish forgets he has an item on loan status and that item teleports back to the slot, from which it came. Had Orcish clicked on the item prior to it being repossed, he would of seen the; date and time he withdrew the item and how many days and hours left on loan. The guild leader and the officers of the guild had now worries, because all they had to do was, select the ghost item in the bank slot, which would highlight it the ghost item/place keeper, and an information screen would popup with "Withdraw Date:6JULY2011/12:22PM PST BY: ORCISH DUE: 26JULY2011 BY:12:22PM PST" Had Orcish deleted his character, all "Loaned" items would of automatically teleported back to their respective bank storage slots (hence why there is a ghost version of that item). Orcish couldn't trade the item, nor could he sell it, even though he tried. Guild leaders could relax knowing that their guild leader made correct security decisions for the group and that there was always a bank log, to verify all banking activity. Had Orcish been a "Sgt" rank he would been able to hold on to the item without restriction from nontradable status and without a "due" date (because the guild leader set the options for the SGT's rank to "No Item Loan Return"). Also had Orcish been a SGT, he could of sold the item because it was no longer a nontrade or a "loan" item.

I feel that guild leaders must suffer a plat or gold penalty anytime after the first permissions are set, to detour fraud or any potential issues in relation. With a system like this, I don't see how anyone could exploit the bank, unless the guild leader made poor choices in setting up the guild bank options/permissions. I don't know, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Orcish; 07-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Orcish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I like that idea orchish very nice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmm orcish, I like your idea, but concerned about having certain people be allowed to take items and keep them while everyone else can only borrow. Unless the plan is that only the leader & officers will put stuff in. Would suck to be a regular member and only be able to borrow things, while officers can keep them. Especially if, as a member, you've personally donated stuff to the guild. To avoid drama, seems like everyone should only be able to borrow. Unless you putthe item in yourself, perhaps you should be able to take it back if you so desire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Hmm orcish, I like your idea, but concerned about having certain people be allowed to take items and keep them while everyone else can only borrow. Unless the plan is that only the leader & officers will put stuff in. Would suck to be a regular member and only be able to borrow things, while officers can keep them. Especially if, as a member, you've personally donated stuff to the guild. To avoid drama, seems like everyone should only be able to borrow. Unless you putthe item in yourself, perhaps you should be able to take it back if you so desire.
    Well that really falls to the guild leader. If people don't like the way the guild bank is setup, they can always discuss it with the guild leadership. If the guild leadership won't listen or compromise, then players should ask themselves, "Do I still want to be a part of this guild?". Also it's the responsibility of that player, to know about the rules and regulations of the guild, prior to them joining. You can also have items be tagged with the original "donator" name.

Any good guild should have members on a trial period to see how players are and to earn the trust of the guild. IMO it's foolish to allow new members full access to the bank without some sort of restriction. If you just made a friend at work, could you trust them with the keys to your house? Remember you just befriended them... I'm just saying
    Last edited by Orcish; 07-11-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    With a guild stash, people could steal everything. However, if it was like people could borrow an item and after a set amount of time set by guild bankers, the item would go back to the loan area. If the person is using it, the person would not lose it immediately but after he/she is like a minute done in combat.
    I was actually thinking the same thing. For example, if a guild member had some old items that they wouldn't mind sharing, they could put it in the guild stash with a specified expiration date designated by the item's owner. When this expiration date comes, the item is automatically returned at the earliest time of convenience to the guild stash, like Register was saying.

I also like the idea of having different ranks in the guilds. However, I don't think the creation of different ranks should allow certain players to withdraw different amounts of gold or plat depending on their rank. Even if they are ranked highly in the guild, it is still possible for them to abuse the guild stash system and take too much without returning anything.

Maybe instead of having a deposit and withdraw system for gold, it could be just a way to donate money to the guild. Or there could be rules that you could only withdraw a certain amount of gold depending on how much money you deposit. For instance, if you deposit 500 gold in the guild stash, you would only be allowed to withdraw 250 gold. Again, this could be abused somehow so maybe it isn't the best idea, just offering up some suggestions.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the guilds will work out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would be down if the guild master had to specifically appoint the people that could remove items from the stash.

I don't know of that was said already but if it was it was a great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And if they had a log to keep track of what has been taken out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only other MMO I played was Maplestory a few years back, and though it had guilds, 5 levels of membership including guildmaster, there was no guild bank. Might have changed now though?

Seems pointless to have a guild bank as there are too many unknown factors in play, ie is the person trustworthy?, I would only join a guild for the money and more.
    I actually don't like kimchi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

*BUMP*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why not make it so that when guilds do runs together, like on guardian, they can set it so that all specified items (i.e. legendary, rare) get marked as the guilds. That way the only way you can have them is if you're in the guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SknyAndy View Post
    I would be down if the guild master had to specifically appoint the people that could remove items from the stash.

I don't know of that was said already but if it was it was a great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuensour View Post
    And if they had a log to keep track of what has been taken out
    Read Orcish post above you will learn alot

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdingle View Post
    why not make it so that when guilds do runs together, like on guardian, they can set it so that all specified items (i.e. legendary, rare) get marked as the guilds. That way the only way you can have them is if you're in the guild.
    Personally would not approve of this, imagine someone got a 'Vanity drop' and that went to the Guild, alot of people would be... well you could guess.. plus i think what Orcish has discussed above is the best possible outcome for this, sure people will always try and abuse these systems and may even succeed but a Guild Bank would always be more beneficial to all GMs/Officers/Members than not having one in place at all.

And for people that would like to keep the weapons/items needed then the GM could still go in and get that item and passing/trading it the officer/member if needed as we do now (nothing would stop them from doing this) but this would be a system in which others officers/members could access this at all times obviously following the system or similiar system as to what Orcish has described.

BRAVO!!

Would love to see something of this nature to be put into place me and Cas have had some long discussions on this matter.

As a Co-GM a good amount of members come to myself and pass on the items/credits/pots that they want to add to the guild bank in PL and SL, glad they find me trusting enough to do this as we do hand pick our members to reach this kind of agreement, it would be great if this was not needed as I buy plat storage each time (Which I personally dont mind if it betters the guild) and have to wait until GM (Cas) is online to pass these on, also hard to track what has been given and whats mine so I end up passing all I have to him. (Though I have my own little solution for this, so glad items are not set by ascending or descending this would mess my system right up )

Anyway going off subject a little - anything even as small as a donation guild bank items/credit/pots was possible I would be happy with but if it is possible for the devs to put Orcish idea into effect now that would be absolutely amazing!!! xD

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post: