Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gaming etiquette (manners)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

amazing! this is PL law!

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great post. Really summarizes biggest pl problem.
    If any1 wants to do some runs
    Add friuadale - lvl 52 bear
    Beokagesin-lvl 50 bird
    Parkwaydrive- lvl 17+ dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Very cool guide, Lady. Hope more players will realize most actions are NOT about them.

I did wonder why I thought just about everyone was nice while some others think there are lots of rude people out there. I did think it was probably a difference in interpretation. Hopefully, they'll read your guide and get it.

Really most people are nice. They just all can't type very fast and lots of them are not native English speakers, so count yourself lucky to get a single letter (LOL). And then move on and play.

Ooops, one exception: if you are getting booted a lot and your friends list is non-existent or very very short and getting shorter, then yes, maybe it IS about you...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I went to the first post to read... And way to long !!!!!

1. Dont spam
    2. Dont beg
    3. Lvl your self
    4. Leave me alone if u dont know me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ask a player to stop spamming. I say no spamming plz. If they continue ignore they go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

loving this thread, hopefully people will read and abide by these guidelines

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thanks i have not yet mastered the editing aspect of forum so i can revamp but i will .
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pay attention. Invite friends when they are not busy in another map. Read a persons status before you invite. Do not spam invite.
    I was invited once and booted by the same person 2 secs after joining. I pm him you invited me. Things happen like this cause they don't pay attention. Just they fly down their friends list without even bothering to read.

Don't invite and than Leave before the map is even finished as what was agreed upon. If your doing XP run than finish up to the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice guide. But the sad truth is that most of the players, high or low lvl, won't bother to read this and the many other useful guides available on the forum.
    I actually don't like kimchi.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This was buried and thought it should have a chance to be seen again. Great thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you. I'm a total and complete noob to this kind of gaming and have been just trying to learn as I go after downloading the app to my iPad and iPhone. Finding this board has been very helpful.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zartzah View Post
    Thank you. I'm a total and complete noob to this kind of gaming and have been just trying to learn as I go after downloading the app to my iPad and iPhone. Finding this board has been very helpful.

Thanks again.
    You are welcome if you need help feel free to ask

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

One I might add is if you join someone else's game, kindly don't tell them how to run it. The host doesn't need you stating publicly or in PM, "Boot the.....". Nor is it very nice when, say, the host and company stops to kill the Lorekeeper in CtK, to say, "skip!" and run on your merry, lightsome way. If you don't like the company or the way the host wants to run the game, you're free to leave and make your own, you know?
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great Guide Lady! I might be a noob to these forums and I'm certainly not a veteran when it comes to PL, but even I know that alot of this is purely common courtesy. I think its just a matter of learning the game as you go and asking those important questions like; "Is it okay to join you" after joining a game, etc. I think everyone should have to read your guide to etiquette as a prerequisite to playing PL.

On a side note: I have had numerous people (usually lower lvl) that I don't even know, friend request me literal seconds after entering a dungeon or towne and I often wonder if its just so that they can power-level at my expense. I'm only a lvl 27 pure archer, and don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem helping anyone, but how do I prevent people from power leveling when all I want to do from time to time is grind away to self level? It just seems to be an ongoing occurrence that Ive noticed, Sorry ahead of time if it belongs on a different thread...
    Last edited by kaijustorm; 07-23-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: a few typos
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55865&dateline=131140  7718
    IGN:kaijustorm(lvl 30 pure Avian archer) Satchemow(lvl 17 Ursan Tank) Jimmychips(lvl 14 DexMage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thank you. Kaij,

Yes many will add others when they enter a map, for most this is not for leveling purposes but to just make friends. Ig you are grinding on your own and feel like you are being followed for power leveling services, simply make your own map, put on a password and invite others in your friends list that are lvl compatable, when you invite let peeps know the passowrd when you invite.. For the most part level caps only allow people in a map that are within 5 levels below you. If you choose not to password and you have a tag alomg that is just running collecting exp and not helping this may be a time when you boot somone from your map, I have done this with reason... I need active players if you need help message me later. Yes its long but, i do not mind helping players in maps, i just will not do all the "work" for them and i guide along the way such as, "tank when you see my snow stomp this gives a combo" .

Hope this helps