Hmmm...

Some good points made especially about the packs that currently end at level 40 and the fact that its also lacking of equipment.

Making things like maps easier etc, however... yeah I can't say I can agree because if something becomes too easy then it takes the fun and challenge element of it which is what you would want out of the game in the first place.

When I first started this game it was a good 8/9 months before I was able to finish all the maps (not as many as there is now)and even then I couldn't still do them myself.

This is a game you are supposed to do a bit of grinding, so making things too easy means you take that element out of it and if these people who are quitting at level 40/50s were to spend some time leveling up some more instead they would find those maps they were stuck on easier to complete and progress further in the game getting to the end game areas and maps which is where the majority of players would usually be hanging around hence why maps at the lower levels being dead so to speak.

Better guides for new players have been brought up before and tho even I would agree I also feel it's fair to add that it is also something that could be improved by players who more so as they would know better than the devs would how to get started in game and the importance of being interactive and getting involved with the games community in and out of the game (ie forums)

I'm just as guilty as even something for myself as a long-term player and previously a content creator (which I want to get back into) should be looking at creating simple content that could be shared to help new players experience to the game.

In regards to top guilds being mentioned, to start with if there were no leaderboards or achievements to the game there would be nothing to strive for or set as a goal which becomes the motivation for playing.

Yes, altho accepting members into a guild half of the current cap doesn't actually affect guild rankings. The one thing it will affect is the atmosphere in the guild itself. Players who have been playing for a long time end up wanting to move on from the days of when they first played and when actually needing help themselves would find it very difficult to find when constantly surrounded by new players that would be unable to help you.

It's good to give but it's unhealthy for the mind and soul to always be the one giving, it needs balance to maintain harmony.

There are some groups/guilds which do however just that, and enjoy spending their time helping people where possible, let them join the guild and educate them about the game the best way possible, and amongst themselves, they are able to support each other, help newcomers and are not concerned about where they are on leaderboards because their focus is on helping and having fun.

Now once someone new who joined said guild for a while and developed themselves into an end game char, chances are they might want to leave, explore around the games community more join other guilds etc and they could also end up staying in the guild for a long time, become part of the group of players within the guild that continue on helping new players. Either choice made is absolutely fine as it's all part of the natural cycle of it all.

One issue is how I feel it seems the norm to just sometimes expect help or handouts given straight away as not everyone also would be as willing to just randomly every single new person playing the game, whatever their reasons might be that is absolutely fine as well because for anyone who has ever truly just spent a long time explaining things to new players to the game over and over again will appreciate how mentally exhausting it can be which is why my respect goes out to the ones that still do it day in and day out.

The concept of establishing bonds with others seems to have gone out the window as well unfortunately and even not too long ago personally experiencing letting someone joining guild, helping them out when they asked, then another day they asked again, which at the time they didn't get a response so they decide to leave. It's unfortunate, it happens, but it's also important to remember that there are people like that out there which then causes to put people off usually from wanting to help in the future.

People in top guilds usually spend a lot of their time developing and gaining achievements so will also tend to put in place harder entry requirements to also deter new inexperienced players along with people that might be just trying to get in to take advantage of said experienced players.

The one big difference with the game now vs before is that its closed the gap between the free2play and pay2play players quite a bit. The number of ways players can now earn gold or loot gears and in less then half a year if enough effort is put in can easily be well geared, end game and on a seasonal leaderboard... things like that used to be unheard of.

Real problem perhaps might be just enhancing the community support aspect might be the key.

Some of it would need to be come from the Development team to implement particular features but would also need the support and participation of the current community as well.

An idea to throw into the mix is what if there was a way for new player to be able to send a global message out to everyone in game (not just in a particular town) that could be asking a question or for help.

Now just like once main characters reach end game they have the ability to make hardcore characters, what if you could choose to opt into the support mailing service so when a new player sends out a mail with their request. it would only be received by those who have opted in for it.

The mail sent by the new player would be sent to all those who have opted into the system so some might be offline but some might be online and even if the new player was to write the message in a non English language the chances of it being picked up by such a worldwide community we have would also be high.

The Devs would need to implement the option in house mail, to either enter a players name or send the global message to support(support being the players who have chosen to opt in) along with a mini-tutorial in game about being able to do such a thing in game for new players.

The feature would need a bit of moderation at first to stop anyone choosing to be toxic with it, perhaps in a way of having a report feature for messages sent that are moderated and can result in instant life bans on violating accounts. Bit like what was implements to deter people with officer positions in a guild from doing mass kicks.

A feature like that would probably be easier to implement as it can use already existing features with a great benefit for new players to get a better gaming experience along with enforcing a source of the games community spirit which can in turn draw in and retain new players.

Some food for thought hopefully

1 <3