Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Why would you want it to wipe every time the level cap is raised? That doesn't make sense.

Also, talking SL, not PL here.
    Assuming 2 Leaderboards were to be implemented.

How do you determine what twink level leaderboard versus end-game leaderboard would be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Assuming 2 Leaderboards were to be implemented.

How do you determine what twink level leaderboard versus end-game leaderboard would be?
    I don't think they have any plans to ever wipe the PL leaderboards. As for SL, wiping after every level cap raise makes no sense bc that means nothing you did in the past will ever count. Clean slate every lvl cap raise means why even bother trying at all? Might as well not have a leaderboard (which I wouldn't argue with either :P).
    Doing a wipe after a beta, before much damage is done, means that every kill anyone gets will be on equal footing. You get an advantage by being around for the earlier level caps and doing your level cap farming before the level cap is raised and it gets harder. Makes more sense than anyone at anytime being able to start a new char for the sole purpose of taking a slow but easy ride to the leaderboards.

And back to PL, unless STS has a way to determine how past k/ds were acquired, I don't see how they could have two leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I don't think they have any plans to ever wipe the PL leaderboards. As for SL, wiping after every level cap raise makes no sense bc that means nothing you did in the past will ever count. Clean slate every lvl cap raise means why even bother trying at all? Might as well not have a leaderboard (which I wouldn't argue with either :P).
    Doing a wipe after a beta, before much damage is done, means that every kill anyone gets will be on equal footing. You get an advantage by being around for the earlier level caps and doing your level cap farming before the level cap is raised and it gets harder. Makes more sense than anyone at anytime being able to start a new char for the sole purpose of taking a slow but easy ride to the leaderboards.

And back to PL, unless STS has a way to determine how past k/ds were acquired, I don't see how they could have two leaderboards.
    Agreed there, I think it's way too late if they decide to wipe PL leader boards, though if they do, can't disagree either, better really late than never

Haven't thought it out in detail, just threw it out there. I'm guessing that once level cap raises, the "end-game" leaderboard would be empty until xx/xx (new level cap/elite) levels would emerge. Until then, anything below that level belongs to the twink leader board. Idk, just a thought, decision of whatever kind is with STS as always anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I suppose if they wipe after every level cap raise, we don't have to worry about those people who can't handle a death . But it's basically like having no leaderboards at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I suppose if they wipe after every level cap raise, we don't have to worry about those people who can't handle a death . But it's basically like having no leaderboards at all.
    As Yanis said, "Wait...we have leaderboards?"
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    But I'm also scared that a whole bunch of people will now start caring about their everyday deaths way too much, and get mad at their group whenever they die, or stay behind and refuse to take risks. I tend to cringe when someone who is working on some ratio joins my groups. Ratio grinding in teams doesn't make for patient and understanding team players. So I was rather glad that most players did their grinding on their twinks, in the privacy of their own dungeons, and didn't inflict their ambitions upon every random group who didn't sign up for having to take extra care to keep them alive.
    That's the price to pay if they want to be on top of the KDR leaderboards. If they care too much about their ratios, let them grind privately instead of sabotaging their own efforts by joining random groups. If they want to drag a group of friends down along with them, then I believe they will fulfill some DSM-IV criteria for OCD

I have no idea how "twinking" has become so popular in this MMO as I have never seen this phenomenon expand so much in others, but all-in-all "twinks" and "leaderboards" should be completely segregated from each other. A low-leveled 'twink" grinding endlessly at Forest Haven is not a leader.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man, those leaderboards really held the room together Dude.
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol lvl 20 with no kdr sounds good to me

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

If the LB is filled with boosters then why not just get rid of the LB completely? It serves no real purpose except for self gratification. Most agree that the kdr doesn't make the player and since there is no real way to determine if the kills were farmed in FH or repeat CtK runs we can all agree that it's not impressing anyone once they find out how it's done. I know that when I had no deaths, I was accused of being a coward and just exiting the map before I could be killed; so I was booted from multiple games because of my kdr. There is never really going to be a way to prove just how the LB status was achieved, so why bother even having one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:361882
    If the LB is filled with boosters then why not just get rid of the LB completely? It serves no real purpose except for self gratification. Most agree that the kdr doesn't make the player and since there is no real way to determine if the kills were farmed in FH or repeat CtK runs we can all agree that it's not impressing anyone once they find out how it's done. I know that when I had no deaths, I was accused of being a coward and just exiting the map before I could be killed; so I was booted from multiple games because of my kdr. There is never really going to be a way to prove just how the LB status was achieved, so why bother even having one?
    My sentiments exactly. Get rid of the thing, all it's caused is problems. I wasn't really aware there was a leaderboard until these arguments started and I started on PL before christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've never even once looked at the leaderboards. Honestly, not even sure I know how to get to them, but I have no interest anyway. :P

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    xp on (one board)
    xp off (second)

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I have no idea how "twinking" has become so popular in this MMO as I have never seen this phenomenon expand so much in others, but all-in-all "twinks" and "leaderboards" should be completely segregated from each other. A low-leveled 'twink" grinding endlessly at Forest Haven is not a leader.
    Have you ever played a MMo other then this? Twinking is a big huge part of almost all mmo.

high level farming -vs- low level farming - (Who can spend more time farming?) There nothing special about getting boards. It shows you have alot of time to farm.

....These games are small. very small because of what we play them on. People find ways to enjoy games. Twinking is a way.
    ((low level gear made me tons of money))
    Last edited by Diodge; 07-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

When they coear it imma keep one character at 0/0

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What if you are killed by a mob lower than your xp level range? Does your death not count?
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No kill counts for turned off xp? :|

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

If ur above a certain lvl in pl if u die in haven i dont think it should count lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I believe PL boards were wiped a while back.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So XP locked farmers will be screwed over for kills while still being able to get deaths. I really thought you'd be reasonable about this. I am sorry, but I do not like this change.

A good level 51 pink drop in PL appears once in a week usually. The kills while farming for it were the only good thing to come out of that session. Why oh why do deaths have to count if kills don't while XP locked? It's severely unfair to those not abusing the XP lock for kills.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Bronislav, this is for SL. No need to worry about PL until they start talking about it there. They'll probably use SL as a test before even touching the PL system.

Also, since you would get kills counted even at 55/56 in the Sewers, perhaps locking xp at 51 will still get you them. Guess that's up to the devs to decide. Maybe you can get kills at the highest lvl campaign no matter what until it's no longer the highest level campaign. I dunno. But no need to worry about PL yet.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 07-28-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I was just using PL as an example, because there's no reason to lock yet for farming specific level drops in SL. I'm well aware this is currently for SL only, but Sam did say it will be coming to PL. In PL it would be unfair to XP locked farmers who lock very close to the level cap (In Sewer traps can crit and I've got a bunch of those in my death count) to he awarded deaths but no kills because a pink shows up very rarely.

Also people lock at 52.99 if they want 51 drops. You may know this already, but Sewer drops are bracketed: 52 and under get 51 stops, 53 and 54 get 53 drops, and 55/56 get 55 drops. Sewer also has zero random drops, and I hope in the new expansion ransom drops get added do it is more similar to the drop tables for other zones. I figure it was done this way to prolong the life of the campaign, but won't be needed anymore.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-28-2011 at 03:27 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange