Thread: THE REAL REASON FOR THE PROC NERF!!!(try to read before deleted)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Both sides have valid points and @kolpertis agreed with everything you have said.

Im just saying that proc stacking should be reworked, make it weaker than before.. Makes the game dynamic and timing plays a role which is fun .

Add proc stacking rog / mage new gear.

And a few valid points from my side...

1) Hotbars released and monetised(The craze was Not for pets and potions.. Uk that)
    2) Let this meta slide for 2 years with awake events in between wherein players spent tons on gear which is garbage now.
    3)Calls balance between all classes to pull this off when the very core of each and every weapon is unbalanced with awake slots (1-4 slots).
    Remember how they killed the balance themselves with pet slots and then awakening system. (Reason : wants people to move to endgame. ) I get it there's a million reasons.

4) no heads up, no compensation.

Finally i would like to point out that this does not compare to the eggs and other examples you have pointed, although makes sense... But this is an entire class and equipments and awakes / time / money invested in everything... So u get the point.. It affects a lot lot more than eggs or skins . (And mind you there were lots of warriors)

I'm not really going to talk about the lost gold of players since it's very subjective. Some have lost more, some less, but this has happened before with many other things too. Although STS probably could have done some notice a few weeks earlier, I assume the result still would've been the same; prices of things would've still dropped like they did, maybe just a few hours slower. Honestly, don't think there would have been a big difference if they announced the changes earlier.

As for keeping the proc-stacks in weaker versions, maybe that's up to STS to decide how they would do it, and maybe if they come up with a good solution it might be worth trying. However, I think the biggest issue that people have is not really the proc-stacks themselves, but the fact that Warriors are significantly weaker without them compared to Rogues, and maybe even Mages. The difference in damage output is clear now, Rogues are way too strong, Mages are somewhere in between if they use their things in the right way, and Warriors are pretty much very slow in killing anything. As expected, the new maps don't really make any use of the class roles, they're more focused into killing us instantly, but a warrior still dies just like a Rogue or Mage, and that's a shame.

Maybe STS should reconsider how those pools affect the classes? Maybe a Warrior should be able to spawn some pools of their own, and if a DPS class stays near the Warrior they would get some safety from the enemies? That way a Warrior would be slightly more useful and worth a party slot. This probably won't happen, but it's just one way to make warriors useful. The other option would be to wait for new weapons and until January (since Cinco said that's when we would start to notice class differences more), but that's definitely way too long considering people are really impatient, and honestly can't blame them since Rogues and even Mages would be too far ahead until then.

Another option would be to nerf Rogues, and that way they wouldn't be able to finish everything in 30 seconds, so they would need some support from other classes. I'd rather nerf only one class than buff everything else TBH. Expecting some angry replies for this one huhuhu.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 09-19-2021 at 02:05 PM. Reason: e_e
    Retired

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post: