Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanity Item for Beta Testers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal:362856
    Quote Originally Posted by SssoulSsshine View Post
    Oooh, wouldn't it be cool if the devs had a way of determining unauthorized beta users, which they might, and upon release, those unauthorized users found all those 21's gone gone gone....which they might...
    They can I think every beta apk has its own id. And if there's more than one copy on different devices and accounts. I'm sure its a bannable offence sure its not illegal by law but the devs are tracking the beta so it doesn't leak.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    Doubt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Personal Use. Spacetime Applications are intended for your personal, noncommercial use in accordance with these Terms. You agree that you will not (i) copy, display or distribute any part of the Spacetime Applications, in any medium, without Spacetime's prior written consent, or (ii) alter or modify any part of the Spacetime Applications other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Spacetime Applications for their intended purpose. You further agree that you will not use any automated devices, such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques to catalog, download, store or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Spacetime Applications, or to manipulate the Spacetime Applications. You will take no action to interfere with, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Spacetime Applications or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. You will not distribute or transmit any content or software or other computer files that contain a computer virus or other harmful component. You will not use the information obtained from any Spacetime Applications or Service to harass, You may not use the Spacetime Applications or Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Spacetime server, or the network(s) connected to any Spacetime server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Spacetime Application. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software accessed through Spacetime Applications including any proprietary communications protocol used by Spacetime.

I'm sure they can trace ips of the apk of where it was downloaded first.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I thought there were some guns called "beta and beyond" sounds pretty obvious to me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Back to main topic. All I want as a beta tester is a useless suvenier. A STATLESS vanity maybe? Thats all I want. Its all STS's choice. They decide.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Beta user

Ok on this topic im set. As of week two of the wait for release I was ok with no beta item. Now we are going on week four of the wait. I would like a shield that says ( im a droid user and apple still holds me up)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Your vanity item is ur experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah but one thing to have to think about is what about Apple users?? They would get no vanity items for beta and therefore STS would get complaints out the a$& and I'm sure they don't want that lol I'm just satin from an apple and an android users point of view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfranks4245 View Post
    Yeah but one thing to have to think about is what about Apple users?? They would get no vanity items for beta and therefore STS would get complaints out the a$& and I'm sure they don't want that lol I'm just satin from an apple and an android users point of view
    As long as there is Apple or Android there is always gonna be a fight between the 2. Take the whole founders helm debacle. But yeah we do hope after a year and sl is as big as pl I hope to see a founders helm.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thenill:366932
    Ok on this topic im set. As of week two of the wait for release I was ok with no beta item. Now we are going on week four of the wait. I would like a shield that says ( im a droid user and apple still holds me up)
    The long wait is driving me crazy enough to buy something with platinum. And I am a saver so that is not a good sign! I like what your shield says.lol

Plus we might not be in this situation if Apple supported limited betas. (or if they could hurry up!)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pfranks4245 View Post
    As long as there is Apple or Android there is always gonna be a fight between the 2. Take the whole founders helm debacle. But yeah we do hope after a year and sl is as big as pl I hope to see a founders helm.
    Exactly bring this up again in a year....
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The right

Ok well apple won with pl they got the founders helm why cant droid get the win on sl. If its about fair, then thats as fair as it gets they got pl we got sl 50 50. Im not saying I dont feel bad for apple users. I know it sucks wanna know what sucks even more to have a droid and still be dictated by apple. like I said befor week two no prob now going on a month. A cool hat that says patience on would be king

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I think a founders helm for B* should be given after year 2 O.o PL founders had it alot worse.
    Last edited by Conradin; 08-02-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

i didnt beta test, but i think it would be fair for beta testers to get something to show that they were part of the beta testing
    if not they wont be any different than anybody else who plays, and i think that would be kinda unfair
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Matudt

I think you are right. It would be nice to have something that sets the people in beta apart not to show off