Thread: Question: Enchantress strategy & skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Question: Enchantress strategy & skills

I am new to the game (currently lvl 19) and I've been reading the forums about how more experienced players don't like new players who don't know how to play. But, then all I can really find about strategy for enchantress characters is to heal everyone and spam buff/debuff. Is that really all that an enchantress in the party should be doing? If so, does that still apply for pallys? If the idea is for a tank and bird to deal the damage while the pally spams buff/debuff/heal, then why do so many not protect the enchantress so that they can do that without getting blasted by the MOBs?

I guess my question comes down to: (a) what is the ideal role/strategy for playing enchantress (pally, but interested in all builds) and (b) how does that fit in with the overall party strategy?

Also, do the skills Weakness and Nightmare keep increasing the effect every time they're cast in a particular battle? In other words, is there a point to keep casting them or is the effect only helpful the first time it's cast on a particular enemy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Short answers
    A. heal , debuff , & clear mobs
    B. There is no one way for a party to work, howabout what's fun for all is correct.
    For instance you might run across a bear who won't tank cuz he has a bow,
    Or another Mage trying to go mele rather than range. This isn't a standardized test with one answer.
    The answer is have fun, you cannot please everyone all the time nor is that why we play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I dont think its higher levels who dislike lower levels cuz they dont know how to play very well. I think its mainly higher levels who dislike OTHER higher levels who dont know how to play very well. Dont worry about learning about higher level pve so soon! You will learn along the way! Make sure you heal the team. I usually find myself spamming pots to stay alive because the mages in the group wont heal me. But when I find a mage who heals when the team is hurt, im grateful. Even at lower levels, i was glad to not have to use so many pots. Especially because I was always tanking level 1-25 no matter what class I was. If you mess up, its no prob. if they die, no prob. Just res
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177