I don't think I have a valid pov since I'm not really a honor player, from the experience and comments on forum's about honor fights the main problem was the ramdomness factor given by crit hits from rogs, now that it looks like it's been balanced out, not sure if adding another "random" factor such as procs would do any good.
Maybe if these procs were to be added on selected honor events it could see more play in order to get ppl to enjoy a different style from the alrdy common honor for a short time (some kind of rewards should be added to these events otherwise the amount of players that would actually play them would be too low like it's been so far on previous honor events).
Passive effects would be kind of a different addition where randomness is replaced by actual strategy, I.e, every 2 hits enemy gets a 0m5% "x" stat reduction and once it hits 10 times the enemy receives some kind of debuff or player/ally receives a buff that lasts for 1-3 secs and resets the hit counter.
I voted 2nd option since I think it's a good concept to consider tho idk how it would affect balance.