Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
Why are you arguing with someone who has “analyze” in their name!!!
HHAHAHA, yes yes! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
This is not true. Toggling off the aura doesn't mean they are discouraged to ever turn it back on or will they ever get one again.
Again as you said it, will be turned off during gameplay, and what if the lb prize is an aura? (2021 goblin event). Why would they remain aura's toggled off when the main prize they're running for is an aura? Unless they only wanted the 50plats and noble gem.
The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?
The correlation between having this option toward sales is non-existent and doesn't matter. The factor correlating to sales is the design of the badge/vanity/aura, not these options to hide them.
I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.
Because after all badges, aura's and titles all won't help us in playing maps, but rather the opposite and cause more trouble, hence, turned off. But that doesn't mean we don't want to see our accomplishments and aesthetics anymore after.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
A pleasure to talk to someone like this. Thank you for coming back (:

Yes, I agree to the following
1. The third group of people not necessarily will have them turn off for long hours. Sounds like when there's no major/LB event people would be more likely to turn them back on and enjoy the views in cities while they afk. Fair enough.
2. The most significant factor is the design of the aura which directly affects the demand for it and hence the sale.

However, what I was primarily referring to isn’t the above, I was referring to the additional demand that came from seeing others having something you don't, in this case is “envious demand” where people buy items because they want to be like others. In my reply to Stephen, I mentioned this additional demand for store items can come from many sources, with envious demand being one of them and as you said the design of the store item being one of the significant factors.

So when they can toggle off others’ appearance,

1.This particular source of additional demand (envious demand) can become non-existent especially when people are used to disabling aura display like how they are used to disable pet name. To compare, previously players are constantly bombarded by the different types of aura/vanity worn by others(constantly exposed to the aura advertisement), now they are reducing this dosage of exposure to the level that would not cause them distress, or in other words, they have the choice now to not see the advertisement of “dope aura” and hence would logically experience less effect(buying desire) from it. Not just that don’t forget some people who would even disable all vanity/aura just because they hate seeing people reminding them of how ugly they look. So they won’t be reminded to buy the “shiny things” and can focus on good gears versus when they are not given this option, they would be constantly reminded they would have 2 goals: to be strong enough to run maps and to look nice in cities just like those rich people. You would say isn’t this good for players? Sure, but not so for developers (: Just imagine giving people the option to turn off store sales or anything else sts is selling for platinum.

2.Less people would experience the effect of this aura advertisement. We know we want to reach as many people and as long as possible for any ads to take effect. Like when you see it frequent enough people wearing it and looks so nice, one random day you would start wondering would I look that nice as well? Can I pair that with one of my vanity set? This is not only applicable to busy people running event LB who would likely miss the advertisement and hence the buying window/desire, it is also particular true for returning players: imagine they get used to turning aura off most of the time and come back to game and then they forget this option actually existed and missed these advertisement "opportunities" that they would otherwise have (i.e. When they have the option turn on and see someone wearing an aura that's not available in auction, and haven't seen anyone else wearing it, he would ask hey how much is this and which event was this from and likely wanna buy it)

In short, what I was mainly talking about here is the risk/chances of people miss seeing these auras (that are only on sale in the weekends) during their busiest time, like in a LB event or in the case of the returning players (whichever that introduces the risk) or giving them the option to focus on gears and not on vanity/aura and hence the potential lowered sales on aura.

Point is, if there are other ways that more directly addresses the problem (blocked gameplay) which is already what they are doing, why would any business owners wanna take this unnecessary risk to lowering their potential sales from this free advertisement?

The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?
As mentioned earlier, there are many sources of demand for an item, including badge, not just limited to showing it to others and we won’t know if many people still runs for badges/titles because of which reason.

Would less people run for badge when more of them know we can actually toggle it off?
Is the reason to run for badges/title really solely on how attractive the badge/title is or it is also affected by other factors?
We don’t know for sure.

That’s why I wanna keep the discussion only on this additional demand coming specifically from envy.
We can talk day and night if we discuss all sources of possible demand for an item. The possible negative impact of having this toggle option is only more relevant on this specific demand source.

I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.
Again, this is just you alone, how about others?
Would less people run for badge when more of them know we can actually toggle it off? Does it defeat their purpose to display the badge to other people? Again we don’t know. We don’t know how many people are doing it for their own achievement and how many are doing it to show off to others.

All these reasons/factors are additional demand for an item (aura, badge, vanity etc) and hence additional income for sts, and I’m sure dev wouldn’t want to remove any of these additional income.