Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dead Player Nicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I want ‘Alex’ ign XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    It's the player who defines the name....you can take example from other games.

For example in league of legends there are big streamer and pro players with these "unreadable" igns:

"Nightblue3" , "imaqtpie" , "siphtur" ... there are also pro players with these type of igns like "Canna", "Carzzy", "Goldenglue", "nukeduck", etc...

If these players can make a professional career with these type of names, I don't see a reason for you to complain.

Riot Games doesn't release banned names, I don't see a reason why STS has to

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    in those kind of games u can use special characters such as (č,ä,ß,ï,ö,œ etc.),mathematical symbols(%,²,π,÷,=,∆ etc.),greek/roman symbols,numerals,fancy characters etc. etc.. But in this game u can only use the single alphabet. Not even numbers existing. Also there is not any 3 letter ign u can take now. Nearly there wont be any 4 letter ign u can take. Also the issue isn't to be a famous/pro player. And there is no point to leave rare/good igns to oblivion.

Imagine seeing igns like Aaa/abc/zzz etc. in towns again. It would feel nostalgic

Last edited by cagintasti; 03-13-2022 at 01:58 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cagintasti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cagintasti View Post
    in those kind of games u can use special characters such as (č,ä,ß,ï,ö,œ etc.),mathematical symbols(%,²,π,÷,=,∆ etc.),greek/roman symbols,numerals,fancy characters etc. etc.. But in this game u can only use the single alphabet. Not even numbers existing. Also there is not any 3 letter ign u can take now. Nearly there wont be any 4 letter ign u can take. Also the issue isn't to be a famous/pro player. And there is no point to leave rare/good igns to oblivion.

Imagine seeing igns like Aaa/abc/zzz etc. in towns again. It would feel nostalgic

U don't see the point do you xD

Random names can make it big if you are good enough of a player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

+++++++++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cagintasti View Post

Exactly this! Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Only if it costs 500 Plat so less people hoard names to sell

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xuds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    U don't see the point do you xD

Random names can make it big if you are good enough of a player.

As i said,the point isn't to change world/became famous etc. Its about aesthetic,game quality etc.

Imagine seeing someone in town named Paris with Medusa set rather than seeing Billyhunterxdxd in town with medusa set. It looks more aesthetic no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I completely agree to release inactive names over 5 years

Sent from my Tesla Model S using Tapatalk

Arcane Legends Since 2012

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GucciBang For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    Only if it costs 500 Plat so less people hoard names to sell
    Hoarding wouldn't be a problem if you wanted a original name. Tens of thousands would be enough to choose from. If you can't think of one walk around your house. Go in the bathroom [Soap/Light/Mirror/Tile /Floor/Ceramic/Bulb/Glass/Carpet/Vent/Shoemold/Mold/Trim/Baseboard/Base/Paint/Eggshell/Satin/Semiglose/Glose/Highgloss/Sherwin/Flat/Cieling/Popcorn/Corner/Caulk/Deodorant/Cabinet/Marble/Grey/Agreeable. THATS JUST IN THE BATHROOM. IF YOU THINK HOARDING IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM YOU ARE 6 YEARS OLD AND YOU NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL!!! . You're like PopCoRn.?!? Popcorn cielling. Btw I can think of 200-300 more things bathroom related but I'll have to *cough cough . I'm kidding lol

Edit 1: And people are over here talking about "Do YoU wAnT tO bE aCcUsEd Of ScAmMiNg" as if we only had 10 BANNED names to choose from. Oh please you close minded ###%@. Ok let me calm down. DON'T release banned names and ONLY release names that have been INACTIVE for 5 year+ that aren't any good to the community. There will be VERY few cases of people being accused of scamming. +1 across the board for me +1+1+1+1+1+1. Give me a good point on why they shouldn't. Please, I'll wait

Edit 2: and by saying you aren't any good to the team I mean.

*Your Inactive

*You don't provide Feedback in game or on forums about events or future events

*You don't buy plat

95% The only people who are against this are people with 3 letter names and 1 word names. The rest of the community on the ship and ready to set sail.

This is for all the -1: Stop all the what-if. And the buts you're awake but not thinking. You're trying to please the minority when, for a business isn't good in anyway. You're looking at a picture, but if you step back, you're really looking at a portion of the picture. This is a great idea for the community. YAH FEAL CUZ I FEAL MY NIZZLE. AND IF YOU DONT AGRIZZLE YOU SIZZLE DIZ DIZZLE. Alright I'll stop I'll stop. Everyone has opinions *mumbles under breath* #### yo feelings. ALRIGHT I'll stop this time please don't ban me

Last Edit. This is to Chiwawa- Only a psycho would name themselves cornwaffles I would beg my mother for 5 bucks to change my name if that was the default name I was givin. "A name as good as cornwaffles is as good as the name waffles" - Noone. Owh wait chiwawa said that

And you best believe it will be good money for sts. Most people are going to buy red eggs for storytokens but there will also be alot of plat purchases to make or rename alts. I have 25 alts on my main account. Ide buy plat to rename all of them and make more

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marblealaena; 03-13-2022 at 11:01 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marblealaena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, one way to fix the problem is to add numbers slots such 1234679, digits into name.

Honestly, ur not going to find some "common word" name, so solution would be digits.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gobbels View Post
    Well, one way to fix the problem is to add numbers slots such 1234679, digits into name.

Honestly, ur not going to find some "common word" name, so solution would be digits.
    I'll be the first -1 for this and I don't have to explain myself on this. It's a no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Honestly, I would like to know the reason for sts not allowing numbers in igns most games allow that wonder why sts didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by marblealaena View Post

Last Edit. This is to Chiwawa- Only a psycho would name themselves cornwaffles I would beg my mother for 5 bucks to change my name if that was the default name I was givin. "A name as good as cornwaffles is as good as the name waffles" - Noone. Owh what chiwawa said that

This made me chuckle.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pars View Post
    It would be absurd to call names meaningless, yes, because it is the person who gives meaning to a name. But since I think it should be readable and the readable names are really almost gone in the game, I have decided to reintroduce the old obsolete and banned names to the players. And yes, I'm sure many of us want that!

Example; ign Oakmaiden, This name is quite difficult to read, as well as to write it. When I'm going to buy items from him I'll have to write his name to bid and, oh wait.. That's really hard haha. Better I don't buy..
    To chat with someone ingame, all you have to do is tap on their name in the chat box or on their person. You don’t have to spell it. Next...
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts

Would you feel the same with Gobbels2 standing next to you in town or in the same guild? Just asking..
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Would you feel the same with Gobbels2 standing next to you in town or in the same guild? Just asking..
    Oooooo get roasted. GET A AMBULANHCEE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

To chat with someone ingame, all you have to do is tap on their name in the chat box or on their person. You don’t have to spell it. Next...
    What if agajdvgdksk was selling an item on the auction and you want to offer on the item lower? TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD DO. TELL ME HUH TELL ME.

GET ANOTHAH AMBULANCHE FOR OAK

Last edited by marblealaena; 03-13-2022 at 05:34 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to marblealaena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I would feel quite good about myself. Someone thinks my ign is cool and they wanted a similar one simple as that.

Have you heard of Xbox? Or like PS4... Plenty of the same names with numbers behind them.

Also, I wouldn't worry if I were you there won't be any Oakmaiden2's running around if this is implemented xD
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

No, don't.
    We all know what happened next.

Or if STS go for wipe all banned char on game, they can give option 1600+ plat for claim the banned name.

Bismillah, komisaris

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marblealaena View Post
    What if agajdvgdksk was selling an item on the auction and you want to offer on the item lower? TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD DO. TELL ME HUH TELL ME.

GET ANOTHAH AMBULANCHE FOR OAK

Just telling sts to give feature its give you acsses direct message from auc.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to terapan For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terapan View Post

No, don't.
    We all know what happened next.

Or if STS go for wipe all banned char on game, they can give option 1600+ plat for claim the banned name.

Bismillah, komisaris
    You are not paying 1600 for those names I'll tell you that you now your going for a word 1 name and that's on my moma and her moma

Last edited by marblealaena; 03-13-2022 at 06:47 PM.