Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
The badge reward for Platinum Tier goes a long way to address the longstanding issues of Tier rewards not being worth the run. LB runners will remember the first time an aura was made available for Top 10 (and might even recall the recent trade-friendly aura for same). Obviously we could have prevented the wisp / aura category of reward from ever being offered for LB - but we didn't... and it was great for that specific event, and the game overall!

While it is poor logic to assert that that a unique badge for Platinum Tier or a looted badge erase the value of badges as a category of reward outside of LB - I believe the subtext here is that having any badge is a powerful signifier in this era of Arlor. And I do understand this. If badges were categorically uninspiring (like 'wisps' or standard-color Titles) nobody would care that they become more prolific. It is the very fact that badges are a big deal which makes them a suitable reward for categories outside of LB to improve the overall quality and fun factor of Arcane Legends.

Badges as a category of reward will inevitably become like other categories (vanity outfits, banners, colored Titles, etc.). And like these other categories we'll see distinctions emerge by virtue of the specific elements as opposed to the category itself. True, the era of distinction by virtue of just having a badge has ended - but the era of having that specific OP badge has just begun.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy Ursoth 2022!!

Best wishes!
With all due respect Cinco.
I think the only thing you will achieve, is with so many unnecessary badges without any value and without any effort, and with cities or maps cluttered with badges, people will choose to use the option to disable it to not see them on their screens, as some already do, and as most do with color titles (same case), and as the option that is already requested with auras.
Badges will end up being a big hindrance, in the view of the screens.

I know that the topic is closed, but this is just a suggestion, maybe you can keep it in mind for future events.
An extremely rare dropable badge, I don't think it's bad idea. A plat tier badge was too much. As you can see, the most controversial thing was that plat tier badge.

PS: I only have general and seasonal LB player and hardcore badges, an event LB badge was in my plans.
This really discouraged me from doing it, I really don't consider it any achievement to reach plat tier with how easy and fast the events are. In addition, it does not require any competence or skill. I always thought that's what these kinds of awards are all about.

Thanks anyway.