Thread: increase energy drop rate in zodias, mogera lair, timekeepers and mauso

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Again my under geared/no jewel/no speed set 76 rogue has no problem gaining tiers without ever running haunt & I work full time & am not trying to do event on that toon & have only 5 crafting slots- & not using 81 maps for energy
    Hauntlet isn’t needed for this event, nor 81 maps- no reason an old boring map pays out the best

If all maps paid out the same then you would see level one bots running first maps, needs to be near end game maps for best pay off

The last two points you make sound like your agreeing w me
    Gaining what tiers specifically?
    Gaining tiers to make gold?
    Or Gaining tiers while you enjoy/play event casually?

Highly doubt you need to make gold from this event (or events in general) unlike the majority of undergeared players/low levels. Bad example to justify hauntlet as "not necessary" if this is coming from someone who don't need gold as much as the aforementioned group of players who likely struggle much more than you do (as beginners, not saying they shouldn't work hard to get to where you or we are as senior players) to make decent gold to enjoy the game.

To clarify, I'm not interested to go deep into the pointless discussion of the should and should not for hauntlet to pay out the best energy.

What I agree to here is keeping the current state as is (which happened to be hauntlet being the best) while making it better for those who may want more options for energy farming. We don't have to upset any groups here especially those who enjoy hauntlet energy farm. They do their stuff, we do ours. Don't have to mess things up unnecessarily.

"If all maps paid out the same then you would see level one bots running first maps, needs to be near end game maps for best pay off"

First, scaling doesn't equate paying out the same, it means dropping energy that matches their level so they can't farm lower maps for same drop. Secondly like bots don't exist for hauntlet already? Whatever sts does bots find their ways, rendering this is a reluctant argument against making maps scale for players levels while keeping the current state of hauntlet farm.

My stand is simple: Whoever wants to continue to farm at hauntlet, by all means, similarly whoever wants to now farm at 81 maps because of the improved or scaled energy drop, they can do it too. Doesn't matter which one they end up choosing.
    Last edited by Analytical; 05-25-2022 at 10:43 AM.