But why "fix" something that didnt need fixing?

The energy drop rates have been the same (or almost the same-negligably different) across all combinations of levels and maps since the first energy-required event, which gave players the freedom to farm energy wherever they wanted. It also gave us the opportunity to go back to some older maps which we usually do not have a reason to visit.
For example, I almost always farmed energy in the last elite map of kraken isles, delusionally hoping to eventually get black nefarious hooks from chests. Now I cannot even do that.

To make the matter, worse, this change is also punishing for players who are trying to level up. Majority of players farming XP will take up quests from Nordir and harder areas on a daily basis. Im currently lv78, and I cannot get any energy from any area that comes before Underhul.

Combine that with the fact that Im terrible at racing games, and have only gotten 3rd place maybe 3 times (1-2 were only because of disconnects) out of 50+ event runs, you will get someone who cannot possibly get to platinum tier.

Instead of lowering the chance of energy drop for higher level sufficits, why dont you instead reward the players who farm energy in "level-appropriate" areas with increased drop rate from the base one?