Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So much Greed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    If you are serious about this let me know where you are!
    I was very serious. I just got off and gave away over 100 of the 25 green sets. Hopefully no one cheated and got multiple but it happens. What was really sad is many people wouldn't accept or clear out inventory for fear it was a scam. Is there really that many scammers out there? Anyway hopefully u got one, if not, hit me up in game as I still have quite a few left.

Dopeydaddy
    Dopeydaddy
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Man giving away all your stuff. Sounds really greedy how are people going to over charge for gear if you are giving stuff away
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Man giving away all your stuff. Sounds really greedy how are people going to over charge for gear if you are giving stuff away

Lol someone should get a picture of this greed in action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I know is you bought one of my items and ended up listing it at a hair over half as much as what I had it listed for. I have no problem with that, I made my credits. If anything you have driven prices down to a reasonable level a week or two ahead of time. They might go back up, and they may not. I'll just stash and wait.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Karma

I think it's great that people are able to afford things if you can't purchase platinum.
    And I don't feel bad for the people who lost money when they were overcharging to begin with.
    I wish we had somebody like that in pocket legends for the sewer items.
    Last I knew the game was about having fun not making money.
    And I for one am having a lot of fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    Wow man ur way over thinking this thing. I'm going to say this and hopefully u get the message. STOP MAKING ACCUSATIONS U NO NOTHING ABOUT if u have a problem with me come and talk with me or talk with people in the game who know me. Ignorant uninformed accusations are good for no one and only stir up bitterness when we are just playing a game. If I wanted to control the prices and run the market I could. I dont sit around all day thinking about the SL CS. I am a former hedge fund manager and I enjoy the trading side of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. O sry I gotta go... Strange pistol just listed at 10994 (some guy named flowmin or something like that) 10288 here we come

Dopeydaddy
    Rofl
    AWESOME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am back making money again. Thanks Dopey.
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3386/apocr.jpg

Gears of War Officer - Apoc/Apocx/Budlight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My character Auctioneer is temp on leave because of the low prices. If you dont like cs current pricing well, bend over. Complaining wont do ypu any bit of good. Ill wait on my stash to see what happens. Items were overpriced. Kinda like a vanity helm for 400k, lol. Yeah right. Was nice while it lasted though.
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 08-18-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    He instantly under-prices everyone who puts an item in...almost instantly. It's gotten to the point where people don't know what to list an item at because the CS has stuff listed so low, so they just list even lower.
    Save your items until demand is higher. Be happy you can get items cheap. I know I am. I can save the money I already have and get items cheap. Or, you can farm as much as his guild did and do the same thing.

EDIT: I assumed these were sales for your guild. If you farmed those yourself... you are a beast.
    Last edited by Rare; 08-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Sorry, but i am laughing so much.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    So now the market is completely messed up, all thanks to Dope, yes him.... Getting greedy and making the prices so low its unbelievable!

Now merchanting is worthless until Apple release comes out and pinks are introduced.

I'm not trying to flame or anything but seriously go check out the market, there is way too much supply and not enough demand. Already lost 90k on investments, and not making it back any time soon.

Any opinions?
    I know I should not be laughing but going by things like the above this game should be taught in every school as an introduction to real life business.

All I will add is welcome to the real world, check out the stock exchange, and see this enacted in real life, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:384834
    He does that on PL as well but, honestly, I never took offense. I just undercut again. If he's able to sell that many items, it means he's working his butt of to get them in the first place. Not trying to sound offensive here, but maybe you could do the same. I don't see how lowering the market price is a bad thing, it just means more items will be affordable for more people. And, as said, probably the prices right now are just ridiculous.
    How does he work for it? He shamelessly admits to purchasing platinum to earn a ridiculous amount of credits, and then purchases all of the market, if this is hard work I should buy platinum more and I load up once a month with 2000 platinum. He doesn't work hard for his credits in the least. I do have some respect for the guy though as buying and selling isn't easy but he needs to realize if he over buys, and then keeps under cutting people he is not only hurting himself but the market place in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoseToNose View Post
    How does he work for it? He shamelessly admits to purchasing platinum to earn a ridiculous amount of credits, and then purchases all of the market, if this is hard work I should buy platinum more and I load up once a month with 2000 platinum. He doesn't work hard for his credits in the least. I do have some respect for the guy though as buying and selling isn't easy but he needs to realize if he over buys, and then keeps under cutting people he is not only hurting himself but the market place in general.
    Sorry. But there is nothing shameless about buying plat. Its his money so he can do whatever with it.
    In fact. You should be thanking him for paying for your updates.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

[/QUOTE] How does he work for it? He shamelessly admits to purchasing platinum to earn a ridiculous amount of credits, and then purchases all of the market, if this is hard work I should buy platinum more and I load up once a month with 2000 platinum. He doesn't work hard for his credits in the least. I do have some respect for the guy though as buying and selling isn't easy but he needs to realize if he over buys, and then keeps under cutting people he is not only hurting himself but the market place in general.[/QUOTE].

He is also taking the risk of losing a lot of money from buying all the armor and then no one wants it or the prices some how go lower. But he has a good tactic because say if you buy all of the desert rat armor that means less of a supply. Then people will want it so you put price higher then bam he is making his money back plus more. Remember it's a risk. He not guaranteed to get all his credits and more back. It takes skill to do what he is doing. Say if I did that I bet you I probably would lose money. He's not being greedy he's being smart at doing "business". Just be happy some one does it so you can get cheaper armor. I've actually been in this guy's clan he is the nicest person you will ever meet. But the only reason I quit because no one was really on. Dopey probably goes on maybe a hour or two a day not even thats how good he is at what he does. He makes a difference for lower levels who need good armor ,but don't have enough credits. He allows people to be able to afford decent armor. It might annoy people who are trying to sell for a lot of credits ,but honestly items shouldn't be expensive their really not hard to get. All we do is clear a map under like 3 mins and usually get the item. I mean I understand some people want to make their money back from the stimpack and power packs I understand that ,but if a wise player and know what you are doing you will be making money in no time.
    Last edited by alexjp; 08-20-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

So you are basically calling a guy greedy for making his own profit(and helping a BUNCH of people in the process)because it prevents you from doing the same?

Talk about hypocrisy. Sometimes it's even worse than racism.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default hmm

The way i see it, its ur greed not others. If everything is 1,000 credits than you wont need any money. Nor will anyone. See the idea? Ur mad cause u cant make money, the problem is, u dont need any cus prices are so cheap...but u want it...did i read this wrong or what? Cus i dont see a prolem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoseToNose View Post
    If it's even true that he 'shamelessly' buys huge amounts of credits (did he tell you? Do you even know him?), wouldn't this mean he probably has worked his butt of to earn this money in the first place? To me, YOU're the one being greedy. It seems you can't stand the fact that someone 'sabotages' your credit earnings. Now, THAT sounds greedy to me. And saying he's 'hurting himself'... LMAO!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lmao sound like your the greedy one man
    ~Holyspell 42 str mage~ ~Uzivauiban 43 dex bird~ ~Trueshot 25operative~

~DO I SPARKLE?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ever been in a room and everyone's talking about you like your not even there?
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default lol

idk lol sry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    So now the market is completely messed up, all thanks to Dope, yes him.... Getting greedy and making the prices so low its unbelievable!
    Rofl that made no sense. At all. Seems like you are the greedy one here Good on Dopey if he's trying to help poorer people out.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer