Quote Originally Posted by caabarader View Post
I feel gauntlet is the center of the expansion rn, like map 1-2 helps mecha open, map 3-4 helps ekenta, mecha/ekenta kills open rahab, and mecha/ekenta/rahab opens gauntlet. All these steps should be good and gold reproducers, but having gauntlet on the top of it, proof me that it does need good gold loot than others maps. Tho we can't hidden the facts comparing sunken with gauntlet...
Those comparisons are important to understand what is missing(and for me, a nerf on sunken isn't a good way to balance)

Nice that u come talk to us before the gauntlet open, it's always nice have devs on game.
And hopefully u get good ideas/take some of the suggestion the ppl will send to the team. I'm sure the team will found out a way to make gauntlet better than sunken in questions of gold drop(funnier gauntlet already is) :-)
Adding more gold loot to satisfy players who aren't using GL gear could be cool but (for what should be very obvious reasons) I'm not really compelled to make this change. EZG presents a choice rn, and I expect that over time you will see strategy and gear combos that maximize gold output that put Sunken in your rear view mirror.

The idea of adding usable treasure chests at the end of a given wave will make it easier to gear swap and could be cool... but the timer will not stop if these are added. I am playing with that change this evening. So far I hate it 'cause I have to spend the time running to / opening the crates (and I'm not always close enough... and it prescribes a very specific clearing strategy for each wave - which honestly just sucks). Before anyone asks: making it so that the crate opens happen in-between waves / without affecting the timer is not a possibility right now. Not saying this will never be a thing but I want to be transparent about what I'm doing insofar as experimenting with suggestions and community feedback.

My high level design isn't for EZG to instantly take over gold farm but to be the inevitable destination for gold farm after players adapt to strategy and adopt the incoming Arcane 81's. Keep in mind: it's not an event; it's a permanent feature of Zodias campaign.

Thanks for your criticism and your support!