Thread: remove goldloot, for good

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Events are 100% just running the same map over and over again, what event is not like that? When you cut off the gold supply there are ramifications that follow. Items you loot will not have the same value, while gold farmer wont make as much it does work both ways(Item farmers pay goes down aswell). Player activity will change, as well as attitude towards the game.

It is not going to be all roses, and i feel really bad for those who didnt tale advantage of this boon. They will struggle hard now, if sts did more events like Easter Event where to richest buy from the poorest, things like that help.
    Every event has different maps.

The value of an item is relative to other items. If the most expensive item in the game is 100m, then an item worth 70m is still expensive.

If there's low gold in game in general, the low prices will be the new expensive price. It will take a lot of effort to sink all the gold in the game and make the economy healthier.

Again, how would the real world economy look if the money was infinite? It really destroys the value over time.

I never really agreed with gold loot farming, no matter how you look at it. It will always be unhealthy for economy.

This also makes it harder for newer players to get items. By the time a new player farm enough to buy an item, inflation would cause the prices to double.

Events like Easter doesn't remove the gold from the game. Whats stopping the total amount of gold Ingame from reaching 10 trillion? Ever thought what impact that would cause on the economy?

STS could slowly remove gold farm and do more events like Easter to circulate the gold around the community.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Every event has different maps.

The value of an item is relative to other items. If the most expensive item in the game is 100m, then an item worth 70m is still expensive.

If there's low gold in game in general, the low prices will be the new expensive price. It will take a lot of effort to sink all the gold in the game and make the economy healthier.

Again, how would the real world economy look if the money was infinite? It really destroys the value over time.

I never really agreed with gold loot farming, no matter how you look at it. It will always be unhealthy for economy.

This also makes it harder for newer players to get items. By the time a new player farm enough to buy an item, inflation would cause the prices to double.

Events like Easter doesn't remove the gold from the game. Whats stopping the total amount of gold Ingame from reaching 10 trillion? Ever thought what impact that would cause on the economy?

STS could slowly remove gold farm and do more events like Easter to circulate the gold around the community.
    Almost every event is the same single map or maybe two.The value of an item has more factors than what is the most costly item on game. The gold is not low in the game, so that point means little right now. Low price to someone with 10B surely isnt the same as someone with 5-10% of that, the point really doesnt hold up, That is not what is current right now?

Events like Easter promote trade from the tippy top all the way down to the bottom, with high prices being paid. It doesnt get much better in terms of sts playing robin hood. Completely removing gold looting from the game without replacing it would be catastrophic.

Btw im fine with the gl adjustments, i just wonder about the other players who like farming there, i wonder if they will stay( We cannot afford to lose players, look at the current event and how long it takes to get a random party).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Almost every event is the same single map or maybe two.The value of an item has more factors than what is the most costly item on game. The gold is not low in the game, so that point means little right now. Low price to someone with 10B surely isnt the same as someone with 5-10% of that, the point really doesnt hold up, That is not what is current right now?

Events like Easter promote trade from the tippy top all the way down to the bottom, with high prices being paid. It doesnt get much better in terms of sts playing robin hood. Completely removing gold looting from the game without replacing it would be catastrophic.

Btw im fine with the gl adjustments, i just wonder about the other players who like farming there, i wonder if they will stay( We cannot afford to lose players, look at the current event and how long it takes to get a random party).
    The main reason people don't play events is they are a waste of time compared to farming rahabkor. When rahabkor isn't up, they'd rather chill than grind.

And I am encouraging the gold to get lower in the game. Slowly removing gold loot farming and adding a bunch of gold sink would help with that.

The gold will keep increasing infinitely unless STS does something, have u ever though what this means?

What would happen if there's a total of 100 trillion gold in game? even a deary egg would cost a million gold then. Lol.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk