Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why is Drainers bad? in pvp

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

yeah that's just how i figured it. Statistics seemed to be worth something after all XD
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

O.O so many comments

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Dude I use drainers all the time on my bird. Its the best tanking gear IMO. Awesome Dodge and HP reg.
    Don't listen to them, drainers is great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    yeah that's just how i figured it. Statistics seemed to be worth something after all XD
    I actually have a small theory on hit and crit. It seems that my skills (Hell Scream and Beckon since they're the most obvious if they hit) hit more often if I have high crit/Rage even if I have the same hit %.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    Every build that you've ever made for twinking was a compromise. In order to achieve the best results, you had to sacrifice skill points in things that weren't essential but "nice to have". I think you've been around to know this.

Similar arguments could be made for equipment, especially those in the sewers. Sewer sets tend to focus on a few core competencies and do them extremely well. Every set is a matter of compromising. There's no "one set to rule them all". The closest thing that PL has ever had to that was the release of AO3 with the void, rift, and cosmos sets (and their follow-ups: sentinel, hate, and shadow). The key to good equipment is more dictated by the opponent(s).

In my opinion - custom and raid roach focus on damage output at the expense of mana regeneration and survivability. Drainers is a survivability set, but the damage output is significantly lower. What is a bird's core competency? Damage output. For most situations in PvP, I'd choose custom over anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Every build that you've ever made for twinking was a compromise. In order to achieve the best results, you had to sacrifice skill points in things that weren't essential but "nice to have". I think you've been around to know this.

Similar arguments could be made for equipment, especially those in the sewers. Sewer sets tend to focus on a few core competencies and do them extremely well. Every set is a matter of compromising. There's no "one set to rule them all". The closest thing that PL has ever had to that was the release of AO3 with the void, rift, and cosmos sets (and their follow-ups: sentinel, hate, and shadow). The key to good equipment is more dictated by the opponent(s).

In my opinion - custom and raid roach focus on damage output at the expense of mana regeneration and survivability. Drainers is a survivability set, but the damage output is significantly lower. What is a bird's core competency? Damage output. For most situations in PvP, I'd choose custom over anything else.
    The argument wasn't that drainers is better than custom though. Just that drainers is cheap.
    People are mad that a 10k orange gear set can compete with their 2mill custom set.

The argument is that dodge is "cheap" as it bypasses damage, crit and hit and relies on luck more than most attributes. Most people who complain about it fail to release that it's balanced, and using drainers sacrifices hit, damage, crit etc. Like some of you said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    The argument wasn't that drainers is better than custom though. Just that drainers is cheap.
    People are mad that a 10k orange gear set can compete with their 2mill custom set.

The argument is that dodge is "cheap" as it bypasses damage, crit and hit and relies on luck more than most attributes. Most people who complain about it fail to release that it's balanced, and using drainers sacrifices hit, damage, crit etc. Like some of you said.
    In a match to 10, if a player in custom can't beat a player in drainers, I'd say the drainer's player has considerably more skill. Now, I would expect a few victories from the drainers, but overall ...

It is true though that there is the belief that drainers is arguably the best non-pink level 55 dex set; perhaps more so than say bagmans (which is almost as potent as raid roach). Then again, the consensus is that raid is superior to drainers so, it's really open to debate. Either way, there is no rule that says a player shouldn't be allowed to wear drainers. In fact, I'd argue that people who call others "drainer's noobs" are themselves the noobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I would suggest not using a drainers bow but leather and helm they can't see I would use underlings or bagmans as a bow.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Yeah... but I don't see what that has to do with what i was explaining to Ellyidol. Where i stand with using drainer's is simply: if it works for you, it's there. If you don't like fighting against it, I can't blame you, but it's never unfair since it's available to EVERYONE who meets the requirements.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    I would suggest not using a drainers bow but leather and helm they can't see I would use underlings or bagmans as a bow.
    HAHAHAHA thats what i used to do when i was 51 xDD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sigh i know what ya mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

On my 53 bird deathssscar I use drainers helm and armor and bagman recurve. That way no one has any proof that I'm a drainers noob.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    On my 53 bird deathssscar I use drainers helm and armor and bagman recurve. That way no one has any proof that I'm a drainers noob.
    lol i used that when i was 51 its good dodge and crit