Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Edited.

Enviado desde mi MAR-LX3A mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Hello @Cinco and i hope you're having a pleasant day, allow me to share a method to remedy gold inflation

How about instead of gold dropping from bosses it's replaced with a chest loot drop that contains gold ranging from 3k-40k gold an opening with a chance of looting old arcane items + vanity items?
    And to further make bosses more satiable gameplay-wise we entirely remove item ingredients for crafting anything and relocate them inside the chests that spawn in the maps dungeon zones and/or after the defeat of a boss?

To open the following chests you have to pay a fee of 1k-5k gold.

Now, about Gold loot.

We move all the gold drops, those glittering piles of coins into events that drop them after completion and therefore reserve the luxury of looting gold piles for annual events.
    You can make the event portals require a fee to enter such as 5k gold.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the following question above Cinco. Thanks in advance.
    -1 removing gold drops will kill the game faster than anything, i don't expect someone with 150% gold loot to understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

How are they still unbothered with the negative feedbacks on slots omg!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default isn't al slowly become pay to win?

Removed slot from vendor and added to store. $$$

Decrease xp from daily questions so new player will buy the xp booster to lv75 instead with plat. $$$$

low chance of kraken gear supply from chest so that kraken's price will be higher and make ppl need to open more of them.$$$

Only can loot something good if u buy elix in event. Playing without elix just totally waste of time. $$$

Making higher inflation so that new or poor player have hight desire to buy plat for fast cash$$$

Feel like they don't care about this game anymore, just want to make as much money as they can before the game close imo.

No hate, just try to say what i feel recently in this game. Welcome to discuss with ur point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Now youre losing your player also me losing my friend they are quit lol. What i can say is inflation on back days was better than current situation. Its not fun to play anymore.

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default isn't al slowly become pay to win?

Removed slot from vendor and added to store. $$$

Decrease xp from daily questions so new player will buy the xp booster to lv75 instead with plat. $$$$

low chance of kraken gear supply from chest so that kraken's price will be higher and make ppl need to open more of them.$$$

Only can loot something good if u buy elix in event. Playing without elix just totally waste of time. $$$

Making higher inflation so that new or poor player have hight desire to buy plat for fast cash$$$

No hate, just try to say what i feel recently in this game. Welcome to discuss with ur point.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

STS Team, don‘t you guys understand that it isn‘t a good idea to remove slots from vendors and put it in store. People complaining about it and you still defend it. after this update everyone thinking it's all about money now most likely it is. I was meaning this with „you don‘t listen to your community“. Ofc we can‘t decide everything, but this update is the dumbest update i‘ve ever seen. Take Care.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DiorDrypp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Esque juego desde que se creo ha Sido y será P2W, simplemente ahora son muy descarados

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yep. I do this and have done this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cinco,

I personally have to ask, why the move to remove slots from vendors? As far as I can remember (2013), they were always there. There has and was always an option to get slots, for free, by grinding things like story tokens. (Yes, back then there were no "red eggs" for tokens), so you actually had to grind for a week for 25 slots. But, it was a sense of accomplishment.

What happened to that game? Is there going to be a new vendor, at level 86, where we can collect tokens to buy slots again for free?

If so, that would honestly be good, as now it's giving players something to play daily for. Not just the dumb rahab farm........ (to which, my 3.1k str kraken set warrior can no longer solo on Elite...).

I miss the old game, old twink pvp, old events where running just to plat tier was worth it, and took a considerable amount of time.

I miss farming events for pets, (affordable, not 10k tokens).

I miss those days, when can we go back.

Thank you,

Interrupting, Disrupts, Disruptful

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Delouis Ball For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Wasn’t it always pay to win?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The game is only p2w if you're competing against other players.

At that point it becomes weird because Its basically a battle of who has more knowledge, time and $$$.

It depends tbh some people don't even waste money. They have time tho and hate sleeping

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

lol i want to laugh but that is true xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Maybe this question sounds silly but why not just increase the amount of XP from 81 to 86 by A LOT?

This way you're not affecting newer players, seasonals and hardcores, thus allowing them to get closer to endgame content, while also preventing people from capping to 86 too quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
    I support making daily quest xp negligible. It's an rpg and getting to max level should not be an hour worth of work. Also remove those useless packs you get every 5 level, those kill the point of looting and customising your character cuz you already getting much better stats from those useless legendaries. This will enhance new players' experience in the game, also make legendary gear drop from random bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's not pay to win anymore, it's pay to play

Sent from my vivo 1938 using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mepu For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Thank you STS

This thread is to show gratitude and say sorry to the devs, due to the recent update. After a while of thinking, I think I found the reason how these changes could help the game, and us. Yes, it is not the best solution atm. But at the long run I think this is a good shot.

I think the team were trying to fix the inflation and making the value of gold rise. They will do these using the steps below:
    1. Reduce the inflow of gold by nerfing the gold loot farm.
    2. Lastly, which I didnt agree at first (and partly disagree at around 30%), is making leveling up harder. They will do this by reducing the xp reward from the quest. Because of this, players will do the following:
    2a. Run the map a lot of times to level up and get better gears every level. Due to this, prices of gear each level will rise. This will be one source of income for the players who are grinding, and also another thing to be spent by gold which will balance put the gold inflow.
    2b. This will make low level pvp active, in theory. Leveling up will be harder which will make some people stay at that level and might try to check out pvp at some point.
    2c. When players reach pvp their pve kills will be like before which is around hundred of thousands, unlike today which only around 5000 or so.

Like I said this update is not the best and still have its cons which is why I still partially disagree. I think the following should also be addressed:
    A. People need to run the map again and again ALONE. The team should endorse and advertise this game more, so that new players have a lot of people to play with. We all know that running alone is so, so boring.
    B. The gap between new players and OG players. This is self explanatory.
    C. I think removing slots is unnecessary. Or you should increase the starting inventory size to 50-100 and remove the gear chest every 5 levels. This will make gears which can be loot at every map valuable and the inventory much spacious.

Thats all, thank you team and I'm sorry because I was disappointed at some point. I know you guys are just trying to make this game like what it was before, a real MMORPG, not like a fast-paced boring game. Keep up the good work!

-IGN's: Victimzoflove, Licensetokick, Dqg, Uector

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Victimzz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dumbwizard View Post
    Topic- Inflation
    In the real world if we print more money the currency eventually decrease in value

The easier the gold can be achieved the higher the prices will be

I think the inflation started because of the gold cap increased to 999,999,999 and zodias maps release. Back then its just 99,999,999. So people should not be comparing the prices today (lvl 81) to prices back then when its level 76. People should accept it that prices changed and move on in life. They're still living in the lvl 76 era when its already 81

Devs released venal,avarice,etc so people can catch up to inflation. If you really want to stop inflation i think lowering gold drops in all maps should be the solution. It will force all players sell in lower prices because they know that its hard to gain gold and if they sell for a higher price players cant afford it wasting their gold in auction tax or wasting their time shouting out in trading places like paradise pier and expedition camp

Sent from my M2006C3MG using Tapatalk
    Finally a Logic answer ty lmao instead of crying about prices why you just don't farm and put hard work like we all do? Even old players couldn't afford kraken set trust me. Infact for long i couldn't run best gold maps cause i was not efficient. I farmed farmed farmed and bought one piece. Farmed, ran events, looted stuff, sold it and bought another piece. Was expensive? Yes it was! Did i come here crying and asking to pay less? No! Just for god sake move on from past and nostalgia. Erahab is unplayable rn even for who has kraken cause simply no one wanna make 40k for such a long run. Did i come here to say nerf erahab? No, i focused my efforts somewhere else. Yall cry cry cry but i see so so few of you really farming your *** off even if irl you work or have stuff to do. Same for lb events. They so pay per win nowadays and i don't wanna even start on that, do i say make it easier? No because if i don't deserve it, means i don't and i accept it. I don't think these updates are logic, especially slot ones and i admire Cinco ability to never directly give any good explanation or direct answer on why this been changed, you should run for president, but there always will be changings and all we can do is adapt. As a player, for me the only really toxic expansion been 76, too war dominated while other two classes were completely abandoned and made few people so so insanely rich that i'm not surprised of current situation. Just accept current prices and move on

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victimzz View Post
    This thread is to show gratitude and say sorry to the devs, due to the recent update. After a while of thinking, I think I found the reason how these changes could help the game, and us. Yes, it is not the best solution atm. But at the long run I think this is a good shot.

I think the team were trying to fix the inflation and making the value of gold rise. They will do these using the steps below:
    1. Reduce the inflow of gold by nerfing the gold loot farm.
    2. Lastly, which I didnt agree at first (and partly disagree at around 30%), is making leveling up harder. They will do this by reducing the xp reward from the quest. Because of this, players will do the following:
    2a. Run the map a lot of times to level up and get better gears every level. Due to this, prices of gear each level will rise. This will be one source of income for the players who are grinding, and also another thing to be spent by gold which will balance put the gold inflow.
    2b. This will make low level pvp active, in theory. Leveling up will be harder which will make some people stay at that level and might try to check out pvp at some point.
    2c. When players reach pvp their pve kills will be like before which is around hundred of thousands, unlike today which only around 5000 or so.

Like I said this update is not the best and still have its cons which is why I still partially disagree. I think the following should also be addressed:
    A. People need to run the map again and again ALONE. The team should endorse and advertise this game more, so that new players have a lot of people to play with. We all know that running alone is so, so boring.
    B. The gap between new players and OG players. This is self explanatory.
    C. I think removing slots is unnecessary. Or you should increase the starting inventory size to 50-100 and remove the gear chest every 5 levels. This will make gears which can be loot at every map valuable and the inventory much spacious.

Thats all, thank you team and I'm sorry because I was disappointed at some point. I know you guys are just trying to make this game like what it was before, a real MMORPG, not like a fast-paced boring game. Keep up the good work!

In addition to this slots issue, I think I found out the reason for this aswell. Yes, it would give STS higher revenue but aside from this it will fix the economy. I think economy is being f'ed up rn by hoarders and manipulators. Imagine new players learning to hoard, idk if the item prices ever rise up. Due to inventory and stash slots being limited, players will have a hard time hoarding items. In the long run, this will lead item being more valuable in the future. Why? Because there are less people holding and hoarding them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

So in terms of the XP changes - we'll be revising the curve when the 86 expansion comes out. It makes sense to adjust the system now as opposed to having it drop with the new campaign so that players get accustomed / adapt to the new way of advancing - as opposed to souring the coolness of the new expansion with a nerf targeted specifically at the advancing player.

On Monday we'll take a look at possibly softening the Quest XP curves. No promises on the outcome, but I indicated in another post that it's a fine thing for us to consider.

Zodias non-timed, non-LB statistics are going to get nerfed. Not to what they were before the update but close... so it'll be a lot easier for our under-geared Legends to blaze through, reap near infinite gold and keep the cycle of inflation going strong. We'll wait 'til the 86 expansion to gut the gold drops from Zodias - as there will inevitably be complaints on the forums (and in game) that there's no reason to play the new stuff if the old stuff gives better gold. This happens literally every cap.

Team has a number of choices surrounding the affordability / availability of 86 Arcane gears and we'll be addressing that closer to the 86 expansion. I had originally planned to drop alternative 86 Arcanes in the "Arcane Catacombs" but got talked out of it (here and on Discord) by players who weren't ready for their Kraken sales to diminish, and by players who don't see the value in Arcanes that have slightly different stats. I understand so we'll be pushing this effort off for a while longer.

Hope that addresses some of your concerns.

Best wishes!
    Can we please have an update on tokens and slots? Where is the Phase 2? This issue has been around for god knows how long and every single dev seems to be dodging this. It's beyond me how you even came up with the idea of "fixing" something that isn't even broken in the first place. Outdated? yes, but it could've been addressed with a simple vendor update....not to put every slot behind a paywall with outrageous platinum prices.... honestly? your compromise is just something that literally no one ever asked for, respectfully... so please give us something or just simply revert it back to the way it was.