Thread: Buff Zodias Aegis/Sword's Proc rate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lightbulb Buff Zodias Aegis/Sword's Proc rate

I am a Zodias Aegis user, but before I start, I would like to ask a developer or other Zodias aegis/sword users how to proc this weapon consistently and efficiently.

I've tried many combos of gears, pets, and items with no success. This weapon just refuses to be consistent regarding its proc rate, and it is really frustrating when you've invested A LOT of time leveling it up (up to levels 41 & 58) and real-life money into it. What's the use of giving daily spirit xp event and selling 50% spirit xp for plat if this weapon is not even worth leveling up to its max level? Notice that most spirit weapons sold in auction are all low levels because players just give up on them because they do not see any benefits in investing time, effort, and money into them.

I read the description, and it states that as the level increases, the damage of the DoT also increases. Is it possible that we could also get a proc rate increase as the weapon's level goes up? That increase in damage is not all too useful if you can't even proc the weapon consistently. Furthermore, based on multiple tests, I've concluded that this weapon does not proc well with Kraken gears, Fumi legendary bracelet, and during combat (sometimes it takes 12 basic attacks for it to proc). Is it also possible for developers to look into this issue and make some adjustments?

I understand this weapon is outdated (altho level 76 is not too far off from level cap), and it is better to get endgame gears, but I already acquired all the Kraken gears, and now I am looking for more dynamic gameplay, and other fun combos to play to keep me interested and occupied.

Furthermore, I understand that this topic's discussion ended long ago, but I feel like the important issues weren't addressed by the game's developers (which was this weapon has an abysmal proc rate), and I would like to bring up that issue once again.

I would like more constructive feedback from the developers on their take on this. Also, to those who use Spirit Weapons, I'd love to hear your opinion on this too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

As far as i know it procs only on normal attack. U can spam skills and ulti and pet aa whatever, but it only has chance to proc off on normal attacks?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
    Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post
    As far as i know it procs only on normal attack. U can spam skills and ulti and pet aa whatever, but it only has chance to proc off on normal attacks?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Yep, you're right it only procs with normal attacks and it's very random. The proc rate gets better around 40-ish but it does not improve after that. And even if it does get better around that level, its proc rate is still abysmal.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Spirit Aegis is pretty broken. I wonder why warriors don't use it, nor dps classes talk about nerfing it here, it's cheap, levelling it up to lvl 40 takes 1 spirit xp day, and all it needs is kraken armor + average mythic set or force sword set. Proc rate is very good, higher haste, easier to proc it + use charged axe throw (damage dealt improves proc chance). You can time it vs Rahabkor (any phase) easily. You can take entire hp of Elite Rahabkor with it in 1 proc, better gear, higher chance to do it. I am still wondering why boss killing weapon (spirit sword) deals 1/6 of it's damage. Guess it is how things are being balanced in development.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dmqp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    Spirit Aegis is pretty broken. I wonder why warriors don't use it, nor dps classes talk about nerfing it here, it's cheap, levelling it up to lvl 40 takes 1 spirit xp day, and all it needs is kraken armor + average mythic set or force sword set. Proc rate is very good, higher haste, easier to proc it + use charged axe throw (damage dealt improves proc chance). You can time it vs Rahabkor (any phase) easily. You can take entire hp of Elite Rahabkor with it in 1 proc, better gear, higher chance to do it. I am still wondering why boss killing weapon (spirit sword) deals 1/6 of it's damage. Guess it is how things are being balanced in development.
    If it procs, it's insane but highly inconsistent, even at very high levels. I guess it's for balancing reasons? It is a level 76 weapon, but still, it's kinda sad that we are limited with our combos, so it gets boring quickly.

And yes, haste helps with proc rate a lot, and also crit chance% (not 100% sure on this, but from testing and observation, it helped).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hey just be happy with what u have. Yr class's spirit weapon could be worse *Cries in non critical reflect dmg*

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemaybe View Post
    Hey just be happy with what u have. Yr class's spirit weapon could be worse *Cries in non critical reflect dmg*

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk
    Our arcanes boss killer is weak enough to give some options to spirit weapons.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    Our arcanes boss killer is weak enough to give some options to spirit weapons.

Well my point still stands. If I'm able to lvl up aegis, there will be a market for y'all to buy, at decent prices, as it's an option for usage.

But if I do that for the useless reflect daggers, it don't even work right when mobs are taunted/cc-ed away, let alone proc/no proc, and all this is before the crit DMG issue. Don't worry I'll proc my arcane/sunk armour together with my dagg for the exact same reflect DMG.

Our arcanes boss killers is "so good", and the spirit weapon is so bad, we have no choice but to use the overpriced kraken.

I understand warrs are doing less DPS end game then the other two classes, that is a fact, but a spirit dagg rework is sorely needed.

Just be happy with what you guys have -.-

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemaybe View Post
    Well my point still stands. If I'm able to lvl up aegis, there will be a market for y'all to buy, at decent prices, as it's an option for usage.

But if I do that for the useless reflect daggers, it don't even work right when mobs are taunted/cc-ed away, let alone proc/no proc, and all this is before the crit DMG issue. Don't worry I'll proc my arcane/sunk armour together with my dagg for the exact same reflect DMG.

Our arcanes boss killers is "so good", and the spirit weapon is so bad, we have no choice but to use the overpriced kraken.

I understand warrs are doing less DPS end game then the other two classes, that is a fact, but a spirit dagg rework is sorely needed.

Just be happy with what you guys have -.-

Spirit weapon were designed to help your alts leveling up. And it has been said at their release that they should be slightly better than mythic 81 at high level that is true for warrior. Rogue mythics are already really powerfull Pisces can do pretty much everything and rogue with Mariano deal good damage to bosses aswel there is nothing to say about it. You amuse me when you say to all warriors to be happy with what we get when we ask for a buff of many aspects of warrior that makes it pretty pitiful. But imagine your kraken bow dealt less damage than your Mariano how would you feel? Because that’s the case for warrior. Imagine you kraken bow dealt less damage than the spirit bow how would you feel ? Because that’s how we feel amusing angry person put respect in your word before assaulting other player who are constructive not like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    Spirit weapon were designed to help your alts leveling up. And it has been said at their release that they should be slightly better than mythic 81 at high level that is true for warrior. Rogue mythics are already really powerfull Pisces can do pretty much everything and rogue with Mariano deal good damage to bosses aswel there is nothing to say about it. You amuse me when you say to all warriors to be happy with what we get when we ask for a buff of many aspects of warrior that makes it pretty pitiful. But imagine your kraken bow dealt less damage than your Mariano how would you feel? Because that’s the case for warrior. Imagine you kraken bow dealt less damage than the spirit bow how would you feel ? Because that’s how we feel amusing angry person put respect in your word before assaulting other player who are constructive not like you.

Hey there, there seems to be some mistake. I do not dismiss the fact that warrs need some love for end game. But this does not dismiss the fact that the daggers are literally useless.

This is just a debate "random angry sir."

"It has been said at their release that the should be slightly better than mythic 81"

The spirit daggers are in fact worse that pisces. Wether it has 3/3 sets or proc armour it is almost useless.

Just because warrs would get a buff, doesn't mean this daggers won't get a buff too. This is not a zero sum world.

And yes, I honestly hope that the bow would do more DMG then the krak bow, this would make the weeks/months of work worth it. (And also it to kinda make up for the disappointing daggs)

To be "constructive", i let you know once my bow reaches 41+, I hope you could do the same for your current spirit set.

Last edited by Roguemaybe; 07-10-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Proc rate is ok. The main problem is the tick over time damage. Too looooooooooong. Need tick over time damage more tight. 30-50% tight is more enough.