Thread: Unfair drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Unfair drops

Hi guys. Anyone else thinks that current item-drop system is just unfair? Past few days i was farming on Nuri's Madness with a hope to get an armor or any other worthy thing. So, today finally there was a good-pinkish drop (an armor). Wanna guess who go it? The guy who never moved an inch from place where he spawned, at the very beginning of map! While I wasted thousands of potions and "good few" elixirs (2x armor + 2x damage) in last three days and got nothing worth more than 4K. Nice. And this is not first time. Some time ago same happened on Crush the Keeper map. Since than i tried farm alone on password locked games to avoid such a misunderstandings, even if i don't like this big time. Kicking people from lobbies also isn't an option. I wouldn't even have a time to do that while fighting (let's say) Nuri

Wouldn't it be more fair if items were dropped to ACTIVE and ALIVE players only?

ps. sorry for my broken English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just one thing, how did that guy get the pink if he was right at the start of the map?
    Are you sure thats what happened?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post
    Just one thing, how did that guy get the pink if he was right at the start of the map?

I'm a little confused on this as well.. *scratches head*
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

He wased revived in the boss area then didn't move
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post

^^as he said.. You can't get a drop if you're at the entrance doing nothing. You have to be at least near the boss to get anything.

As for the drops, they're totally random as confirmed by the devs. Your individual chance to get a pink doesn't increase or decrease when you run with other people. But yeah, If you get frustrated by seeing someone else get something, soloing could be an option I guess. The only way to get something good, is to just continue trying. I've had a time where I farmed for about 3 months (every day a couple of hours) with nothing. Then I got extremely lucky in a short time. So yeah, just farm for the fun of it, not with the expectation to get something good. That'll safe you a lot of frustration IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Actually, the current drop system (unless it has just been changed) is designed to only reward the "active" players on a map. Drops only occur if you are in close proximity to the mob as it is killed. So in order to get a drop, the player should have had to have been close to where the boss room was located. Same with xp -- you don't get xp by just standing at the start of the map. You have to be close to the dying mobs. It isn't perfect, but it normally works out the right way.

That being said, there are always glitches or places where a drop goes to a player that isn't close. In Crush the Keeper the hallway leading around the Shadows room was close enough to get drops and xp, without actually being in the room. A person leaching xp and drops can just trail the group and stay a room away without ever fighting. But for the most part the drop system works.

Only thing I can think is that the Nuri's Madness map wraps back around so that the entrance is close to the place where this mob was killed. Or the person wasn't standing at the entrance, but was either coming to help and never made it there in time (or the more sinister - was just leaching drops and following close behind your group).

But the most important thing to remember is that drops are individual rolls by the players and are unaffected by the others in the game. If that person hadn't been present -- everyone would have still gotten the same drop as your loot rolls were not for a pink. So booting at the boss, etc., doesn't work to increase the chance of a pink. No one can steal a pink drop. It is just an issue of a person possibly getting a good drop without having to fight their way to the boss with the rest of the party.

Good luck farming. Your luck will turn. Just keep at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

It does seem at times a little unfair but I can't think of any other way to make it any more fair than a random drop system..
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you guys for responses! Yes, i'm sure that guy wasn't in the boos area. Though i can not guaranty if he was exactly at the beginning of the map, but he was doing nothing for sure as he never arrived to boss area and didn't took any damage as his life/mana bars were full all the time. And don't get me wrong - i'm not jealous if someone gets pink. Just situation as i described in OP seemed to be very unfair.
    Thanks "Doubletime" for explanation, that will change my thinking in similar future cases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Could Damage Inflicted (i.e. damage/second or kills/minute) be another measure for the drop? If someone leaches and does no damage, then no reward.

I know this metric would hurt the support mages, so maybe add in heal points/sec or regens as another metric?

There have been so many times where I do the bulk of the damage/kills, heals, rezzes, and someone who comes equipped with a pea-shooter and provides almost no help gets great drops.

There should also be something for those who get and maintain aggro - nothing worse that being the lvl 50+ mage in a group of lvl 47s on a keeper run. Then you end up with aggro, spamming hp pots and get a worthless purple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Could Damage Inflicted (i.e. damage/second or kills/minute) be another measure for the drop? If someone leaches and does no damage, then no reward.

I know this metric would hurt the support mages, so maybe add in heal points/sec or regens as another metric?

There have been so many times where I do the bulk of the damage/kills, heals, rezzes, and someone who comes equipped with a pea-shooter and provides almost no help gets great drops.

There should also be something for those who get and maintain aggro - nothing worse that being the lvl 50+ mage in a group of lvl 47s on a keeper run. Then you end up with aggro, spamming hp pots and get a worthless purple.

Your contribution does somewhat influence drops from what I've noticed, however it has no effect on whether or not you get a pink drop.

-------AEO-------