Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Transaction History

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Transaction History

I’ve seen similar threads regarding with this matter, but most of them are only limited to trades. At the moment, we only have a platinum usage history in effect. I wish STS will add a transaction history for all players, in which players can see their in game transactions:
    1. Tokens expense
    2. Pots
    3. Auction store, which also includes how much they listed an item and the buyer of the item
    4. Trades, which includes the item to be traded in exchange for what payment maybe it pure gold or items or a combination of both
    5. Gifts, that includes the item gifted and to whom it was given

I suggest adding a filter for each category (Trades, Gifts, Tokens expense, Auction, Plat store) to easily view what transaction history you want to view for. Might be a good idea to have an IGN searcher thar will filter the results which I think will benefit merchants and normal players to know who to contact for specific items in case you tend to forget which is which.

NOTE: Date and time of transaction specified and in circumstances where two parties are involved, the IGN of the buyer or to whom an item is gifted is to be included. This will help players monitor their assets and in misfortunate events where it involves scams and false accusations, it will help both the players and the developers in counter checking for whoever is at fault. I also want to add in this note that whenever a player changed name, it will also be included on the history of previous transactions (Just in case the seller wants to communicate or to recall to whom he/she sold/given the item to in the past)

I’ve read that one of the downside of this is that it will consume great effort and time for the developers to create a player database for this matter, but I can see the benefit of this in the long run as we can see that this game evolves rapidly and so those unavoidable events keeps getting worse than before. I do expect that majority of the community might like this addition, but I can see that some others will disagree with this for their own reasons. But as a whole, I can say that this is a good move for the future and for most players to sort and organize things out.

I am hoping for the community to take a look in this and have their opinions be heard. For the developers, I understand that this will cost you a lot and huge game data, but this will improve the current state of the game for the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

+1
    Yes. I bought kraken gun. After a month, i forgot how much i bought it yet i want to sell it. Leaving me no clues if i am getting profit or no. Having transaction history is an option i, too, suggested long time ago but they refused to do so.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Have you thought about the nefarious side to this? You could just grab a pencil and paper(Or your phones notpad) and record this info

I can easily see greedy players manipulating this to seemingly raise or lower prices, falsify item sales.

3 & 4 are the trouble makers. I can elaborate but it is pretty clear.

Grab some stationary and a utensil, problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Have you thought about the nefarious side to this? You could just grab a pencil and paper(Or your phones notpad) and record this info

I can easily see greedy players manipulating this to seemingly raise or lower prices, falsify item sales.

3 & 4 are the trouble makers. I can elaborate but it is pretty clear.

Grab some stationary and a utensil, problem solved.
    I’ve not examined most of the downside yet. In regards to your first statement, I agree that it can help track your transactions by simply writing them down or with the use of a note taking application but I feel that there are some who want game related stuffs to stay only within the game. For your 2nd statement, you’re right that this proposal can serve as a means for manipulating the prices a lot more. Players decide for themselves if they will deal or not. Still play wise and responsible. Unfortunately, this proposal have not thought most of the manipulation part. Anyways, you got a good point there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amistletoe For This Useful Post:

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

There have been threads about auction history (link), but this is more involved in that you want history of anything acquired/spent. Sorry, this is just too much effort with no upside for us.

-ALS