Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Create "request PT" option based on location

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Create "request PT" option based on location

I think it would be an awesome feature to allow players to go to a map (or even a town before a new section of maps) and "request PT"... letting other players know they are looking for a group to run the map with. I have a terrible time finding players to run maps with. It'd be great if I could either see where other players were currently running maps and join them (much like I can on the 'social' tab for my guild), or go to a town and "sign up" to join the next available party or group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1

Tapatalkkal küldve az én M2007J3SG eszközömről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

You mean like an emote? Sounds fun

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

Designing on the fly:

* maybe there's a checkbox you can check if you're not in a party and there's a dialog box you can bring up when in town that shows a list of players that also have that checkbox set

* or, maybe the checkbox adds a small icon next to your name to let other players know you're looking for a group. However, we've been talking about adding a smaller, secondary badge to the right of the player name.

-ALS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Designing on the fly:

* maybe there's a checkbox you can check if you're not in a party and there's a dialog box you can bring up when in town that shows a list of players that also have that checkbox set

* or, maybe the checkbox adds a small icon next to your name to let other players know you're looking for a group. However, we've been talking about adding a smaller, secondary badge to the right of the player name.

-ALS
    Great ideas!
    Or maybe you could let players "checkbox" which maps they'd be willing to join a PT for and have a dialog box on the map....
    Or maybe even just showing on the "world map" which levels/maps have players of similar level already running so people would know where to go for a random join (not even an official party). I usually end up going to a map/level and just sitting at the start for as long as my patience will allow, hoping someone randomly joins me. If I could see where people were already running, I could go there on purpose instead of just waiting around.