Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom vs death

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Confused different ppl telling me different things.. I think custom set is only for looks wondering if i should sell it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The Custom set is the best dex set in the game up to lvl 55. It deals huge damage because of the high crit, has better stats than RR mostly, and has good h/s regeneration. It has as much armor as the Sent Shotgun, and way more damage. The Sentinel Talon set is the best TALON set up to lvl 55. Many 55 and 56 (before the new campaign) would use Sentinel Talon set on hard maps, even though it is lvl 50.

The Custom set is not "only for looks". There is a reason it was so expensive for so long, and why every single person who could afford it bought it as soon as they could. In some ways, it is almost as good as the new lvl 60 sets, although it has lower armor than the 60 sets.

One thing that I found helped me a lot is to get the 2 dodge/8 armor ring, if you have the plat. It doesn't seem like much, but it helped out my survivability a lot when maps got harder.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ofcourse the custom set got more damage but it has low mana regenerate and armor.. I am always shouting rev rev rev...

I think death set is better for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Custom set has as much armor as the Death Shotgun set. Yes the mana regen is lower. But that has nothing to do with you going revrevrev, lol. Armor and dodge do. And how fast you can pot

Sentinel Talon set is a good all around set with slightly lower damage...sounds like it may be best for your style, good luck!
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Imo, custom need some skill to use it fully. As for the death talon set, u can actually fool around and yet still survive due to the dodges. If u lack the skill in custom, death talon is best for u then.

Note, the first player to hit 61 actually uses custom recurve set all the way till level capped. With elixirs of course.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nvm already sold it guys... Well thanks for ol the suggestions..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use just drainers with voi talon and wing and have never had an issue with Gox. Of course you need pots and images but at 55 it should be quite easy already. Maybe you're let down by poor teammates or no mage.