Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah who won?
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol! should have captured a screenshot and posted here. Rofl...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayc2000 View Post
    This really happened in a ctf game:
    Bird: REVVVVV
    mage: I did!
    bird: NOO BEAR REV!!!
    mage: ???
    bird: hurry up you slow bear and REVVV me!!!!
    bear: *spams attacks*
    It was an informal ctf game, so we just watched the whole thing
    XD
    Eskaytree/Eskaythree/Eskaythreee - Lvl 75 Pure Int/Str/Dex Mages / EskayBear - Lvl 68 Tanker / Hitmeifyoucan - Lvl 75 Int/Dex Mage / Ilovetoloveu - Lvl 68 Love Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has the winner been announced yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has been a couple days since Biuzi asked, but I didnt see an answer so I will ask too. Has the winner been announced, and if so who won?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KOLIBER View Post
    It has been a couple days since Biuzi asked, but I didnt see an answer so I will ask too. Has the winner been announced, and if so who won?
    I didn't expect the prices of Nuri Hallow's gear to be so expensive. So, I need to save my gold for that. Sorry for the inconveniences. I will reopen this contest when I am more economically stable in the virtual world.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Keep them up guys. The prize has now been upped to 1.3M, courtesy of a generous donation by Ayrilana. Go Go GO!
    Well I'm pretty sure that calling you out will probably screw my chances of winning, if I had any to begin with, but from what you posted above it seems that the majority of the money was donated from Ayrilana for the contest, and now you are postponing the contest because you used the money. Now I know it's just a game and it's really not a big deal, but you have to admit thats kind of lame to do. Don't take this the wrong way, I have no hard feelings about it. It's just principle that you shouldn't hold a contest and then use the money you were going to award to the winner for yourself; especially when so much of the money was donated from someone else for the contest. Again, I have no hard feelings, but it was a pretty lame move.

Still, I dont think it would hurt to announce who won so that at least those who didn't know they have nothing to wait for.

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well um... Okay.
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

i need 1.3m!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well I'm pretty sure that calling you out will probably screw my chances of winning, if I had any to begin with, but from what you posted above it seems that the majority of the money was donated from Ayrilana for the contest, and now you are postponing the contest because you used the money. Now I know it's just a game and it's really not a big deal, but you have to admit thats kind of lame to do. Don't take this the wrong way, I have no hard feelings about it. It's just principle that you shouldn't hold a contest and then use the money you were going to award to the winner for yourself; especially when so much of the money was donated from someone else for the contest. Again, I have no hard feelings, but it was a pretty lame move.

Still, I dont think it would hurt to announce who won so that at least those who didn't know they have nothing to wait for.
    KOLIBER, anytime you want to accuse somebody of extorting money, please make sure you have the grounds to back it up. Ayrilana and I have been buds for a long time. I have no intention of taking this money, nor do I need to, seeing as I have over 15M cash. I am stopping the contest because buying the new sets and hosting this contest would put me under the gold cap. Thank you for being understanding and not jumping the gun. I appreciate it, I really do.

Also, please take note, the majority of the time, I don't receive such large donations. I fund most of the money for my contests myself.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-13-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

KOLIBER, anytime you want to accuse somebody of extorting money, please make sure you have the grounds to back it up. Ayrilana and I have been buds for a long time. I have no intention of taking this money, nor do I need to, seeing as I have over 15M cash. I am stopping the contest because buying the new sets and hosting this contest would put me under the gold cap. Thank you for being understanding and not jumping the gun. I appreciate it, I really do.

Also, please take note, the majority of the time, I don't receive such large donations. I fund most of the money for my contests myself.

Thank you for your time.
    Apollo,
    I stated a couple of times that it was not a big deal in the attempt to prevent you from getting offended. It’s pretty clear that it didn’t work, and that you do not take criticism well. Since trying to keep it civil did not work, here is my rebuttal.

First off I assumed you and aryilana were friends and not just some random donator. Whether it was a friend or not makes no difference in my point. Also I believe the word that you meant to say that I was accusing you of is embezzlement, which is different than extortion. Embezzlement is roughly defined as using money or property for personal interests when it was entrusted to you for another purpose. So I’m not accusing you of anything. You were given funds to be given as an award and invested it for your own gain. You seem smart enough to figure out if that applies to you or not.

Also, your claim, which I am not arguing with, to have such a large in game net worth hardly supports your argument that you do not possess the resources to properly allocate the promised funds to the contest winner. In fact it says quite the opposite. I’m fairly competent in math and last time I checked 1.3 is a mere 8.7% of your total bank account, leaving you with the remaining 91.3% or 13.7 million to get you by, which seems adequate to me. In response to your final null argument that you usually fund contests using all of your own money, I should point out that is a completely moot point as the topic is this contest and not a previous one.

Finally, as I tried to say as simply as I could before, you pulled a lame move. I’m a guy who sticks to my word so when someone doesn’t deliver on their word, I find it disappointing. That’s it. There is no argument to it. It was a lame move. If you feel the need to further argue whatever point it is you are trying to explain above, I offer the alternative that it simply be left up to a vote of the other contestants to see whom they agree with.

Lawyered
    Last edited by KOLIBER; 09-13-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Talking

Apollo,
    I stated a couple of times that it was not a big deal in the attempt to prevent you from getting offended. It’s pretty clear that it didn’t work, and that you do not take criticism well. Since trying to keep it civil did not work, here is my rebuttal.

First off I assumed you and aryilana were friends and not just some random donator. Whether it was a friend or not makes no difference in my point. Also I believe the word that you meant to say that I was accusing you of is embezzlement, which is different than extortion. Embezzlement is roughly defined as using money or property for personal interests when it was entrusted to you for another purpose. So I’m not accusing you of anything. You were given funds to be given as an award and invested it for your own gain. You seem smart enough to figure out if that applies to you or not.

Also, your claim, which I am not arguing with, to have such a large in game net worth hardly supports your argument that you do not possess the resources to properly allocate the promised funds to the contest winner. In fact it says quite the opposite. I’m fairly competent in math and last time I checked 1.3 is a mere 8.7% of your total bank account, leaving you with the remaining 91.3% or 13.7 million to get you by, which seems adequate to me. In response to your final null argument that you usually fund contests using all of your own money, I should point out that is a completely moot point as the topic is this contest and not a previous one.

Finally, as I tried to say as simply as I could before, you pulled a lame move. I’m a guy who sticks to my word so when someone doesn’t deliver on their word, I find it disappointing. That’s it. There is no argument to it. It was a lame move. If you feel the need to further argue whatever point it is you are trying to explain above, I offer the alternative that it simply be left up to a vote of the other contestants to see whom they agree with.

Lawyered

First thing is first, attempting to call somebody out and then hiding behind a fallacy that you don't mean to upset or provoke is still provoking. You know as well as I how anybody would react to such an accusation. This was never about keeping my "word". I did not even make a guarantee that there would be a winner because honestly, the jokes were pretty distasteful and not worthy of a 1.3 million prize.

Extortion and Embezzlement have very similar meanings, almost synonymous. I'm deeply sorry if I wasn't spot on with the lawyer terminology, as I'm not studying to be a lawyer. Before you throw out the term "Lawyered", keep in mind. If you want to go "lawyer", you need legal documents and contracts to back up your arguement. A forum post does not bind anyone to their word, or the developers would be facing Many legal issues, as well as many people on the forums.

There is a buffer on my money I like to hold. It is 9,999,999. This money is not to be spent and solely for emergencies/safety measures. I did not foresee the pricing of this campaign to be sky high, so my reserves were depleted. Keeping this in mind. Other than STS, I do have full rights over my gold, at the discretion of STS. Granted this, I have made many contests and have probably given away more than 6 million in total. These are all contests I have made myself and mainly funded myself. So, it's not like this is my first contest, nor will it be my last. I just don't feel economically stable to go through with it and I do have the power to control how to spend my own wealth. So frankly, arguing is not going to make me falter in my stance.

I can see that your style consists of jabs and probes for weaknesses in the poster's writing. Keep in mind, I'm typing this from an iPhone, so I apologize for the inconsistencies in grammar, diction, and punctuation.

I'm not cocky, nor am I arrogant, so don't expect a term such as "Lawyered" out of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Keep them up guys. The prize has now been upped to 1.3M, courtesy of a generous donation by Ayrilana. Go Go GO!

Um he did say postpone not cancel... Oh and for future notes add the line "with all due respect" to your flame posts.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    for future notes add the line "with all due respect" to your flame posts.
    lmao. If only we could still sig quotes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, to prevent the next arrogant and egotistic response you might have. In the words of Justg. *Click*.

Word of Advice: Pepto Bismol helps with the indigestion and heartburn. Try not to regurgitate it on us. Easy on the consumption of flaming hot cheetos the next time around.