Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am not a girl because my toon is a girl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why would anyone ask anyone in pocket legends to be their gf? Doesn't even make sense.

Btw. Will you be my sons godfather? I ran with you in Roach Motel and, judging by your skills, felt you were the kind of person that would be a great guardian and influence for my son.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant serioulsy understand why People want a relationship with everyone in this game ord Kinda wierd get a real boyfriend or girlfriend instead, btw got this prob innoying ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guess it just goes with the territory. I don't play female characters cuz it's not really my thing. I think of my characters as alter egos so it'd be a little awkward if my alter ego was a girl. What would that say about me? Lol

I think it's funny how this comes up in every game I've ever played. The best part? You got dudes hitting on you, hoping to cultivate some perceived romantic relationship in an online game, then act like you're the weirdo for having a female character. Priceless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Had that once. I guess IKungFuMage doesn't sound very female. I had some girls asking to be their BF too, I guess panda is made of some really smexy pixels O.o

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I made my main female (junside) and someone asked me why, I said "cuz she's hot" lol

But I just prefer a slender character over a bulky mass, which is how I am in real life: a bulking mass.

And someone said I was weird when he saw that my char was a female. People hit on my op , which is a blonde piggy tailed one named Vampire. I just ignore all the unnecessary attention because it straight makes me feel creeped out. Now I kinda know how chicks feel lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is why my dexmage has goblin face hopefully it scares away ppl there probly like "that girl fastcast is ugly look at her face"
    But yea im a man also and i recieve some of the same things u do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

My mage on pl is not an enchnatress. It's an enchnater.

Keepers of Dark Forest
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fastcast View Post
    This is why my dexmage has goblin face hopefully it scares away ppl there probly like "that girl fastcast is ugly look at her face"
    But yea im a man also and i recieve some of the same things u do.
    LOL! Beauty is only a light switch away. seriously, though, this seems to be an issue that a lot of the females, and female toons, in my guild face. I couldn't imagine why people would do this. Maybe it's that I'm not 12, no offense to the mature 12 year olds, but maturity plays a big part in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yup and I *am* a girl. I've seriously considered making another set of male toons to cut down on the "Hey, babe. U r hawt!!!" PMs. Oy. Yup, "hawt" just exactly like the other 4 bazillion identical toons. *rolls eyes* At least with my bird in PL, everyone (except forum readers, lol) assumes I'm a guy and I get left alone. Mostly.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and i am not black because my character is black, i didnīt recognize that you could costumize your avatar ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azurkray:410349
    Ya same problem. In PL I gave my enchantress a girl name because shes always a girl. In SL you can choose your gender, but I wanted to keep the same names. So my engineers a girl with a girl name. :/ It creates some problems but I guess its my fault for choosing such a name. Not only that but i feel like people will see me as some sort of weirdo if I tell them im a guy, so I usually dont say anything about it.
    Same exact situation... My main in PL is an EnchantrESS, so really not much of a choice, there. Even if there was, I think I still would have chosen a female character. I really like the name! Once SL came out, it seemed only natural that my Enchantress would be a female Engineer.

My PL enchantress was asked out once...the kid (very immature, anyway) just refused to believe I'm a guy! My engineer has not been asked out yet, but I have been asked a few times if I'm a guy or girl. When I do choose to answer, they are usually surprised.

The way I see it, I've spent my whole life walking around as a dude. I'm playing a game here, right? The game is not entirely realistic, right. Why, then, is it considered strange if I choose to take a break from reality regarding my gender, as well? Seriously, if we should be surprised when a player uses an off-gender character, shouldn't we also be surprised if they haven't used their real name? I don't think anyone would consider that odd...

I have other reasons for choosing to play a female character, but I will keep those to myself for fear of sounding stereotypical or sexist. Rest assured, they are not bad or gross reasons... Get your mind outta the gutter!

Now just what in the heck is a "cbf"... On second though, don't answer that!!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I dont get why guys play as a girl character? If your a guy play as a guy-if your a girl play as a girl...Simple? I guess not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Cascade it can be as simple as not wanting to look at a male behind to being something OTHER than their real gender because they are that gender all the time and want a change online.

Both my reasons.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lmao

I have a mage thats all sparkly pink and crap.... im a man... i could care less who thinks what. But..... if u think im a chick then go ahead and start unloading the gifts wahahahahah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade:412131
    I dont get why guys play as a girl character? If your a guy play as a guy-if your a girl play as a girl...Simple? I guess not?
    Cascade, do you think less of me as a man because my main is a woman? I forgot to include in my post above; My female Engie kicks more butt and keeps her crew alive better than most of the male Engies I come across!

Besides, my Com and Op are both male. My Com got my online handle for a name, and so most closely resembles me, but even then not exactly. My Op inherited the name I used for my main Monster Hunter character, a bad mofo of a bowgun user! Actually, the exact name was already taken, but it's pretty darn close!

Honestly, if I felt the need to adhere to social and cultural norms when deciding who and what my in-game persona was supposed to be, I would have been bored with the games right from the start! As it is, I can be whatever I want to be, which I find liberating and exciting! So long as I'm not doing something inappropriate (I'll refrain from using the example we're all thinking about), I fail to see the harm or stigma...

btw, I think this is my favorite thread to date. Excellent OP, GigaBits!
    Last edited by thequickone; 09-10-2011 at 10:31 PM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    So Cas? You never built a mage in PL since the mages (all right already, Enchantresses) look female? Not being snarky, just honestly curious.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm