Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hardcore Revamp II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Please reconsider the change you're about to make. In the feedback we meber spoke about only alow to revive to normal mode, only a choice.
    I myself exclusively play hardcore mode, normal mode doesn't have the same thrill and I won't be spending the amount of plat I have just to make a new hardcore character. Having thw option to revive as hardcore was the best option. I've spent alot of platinum reviving my characters over the years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

Sorry, the ability to stash an item will remain, but unstash will still be unavailable in hardcore.

For clarification, when I said 'changes' in the original post, I was contrasting the differences between hardcore and standard gameplay, and didn't mean to imply changes to current hardcore gameplay.

-ALS
    Ok thanks for the clarification.

But in all honesty the only thing you guys took from the multiple things suggested is you’re going to implement is the option to be able to change your character to normal mode?

Or is this just the first step in a series of changes? If this is the case or not the case can you maybe clarify that too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

Sorry, the ability to stash an item will remain, but unstash will still be unavailable in hardcore.

For clarification, when I said 'changes' in the original post, I was contrasting the differences between hardcore and standard gameplay, and didn't mean to imply changes to current hardcore gameplay.

-ALS
    How did this come from any of the revamp suggestions?? Who will open lockeds on hardcore if it wont be able to stay hardcore when they die, big money loss. No more new hardcores for me thats for sure, spent way too much on plat for this type of update

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

That encourages already existing hardcores (that are on LB) to just finish up the easy aps’ and leave the mode for good (they will be getting banners by simply existing and doing nothing). Same people will be getting banners because nobody is gonna risk death during such tedious grind to get there.
    Like many said above, consider keeping 1.6k plat revive method and if you need to include other option so bad at least give us choice. I can not imagine turning my character to normal mode because that’s the only option you’re giving me. That’s NOT what I have paid for.
    Your game, I get it but that’s a huge stretch. If I wanted to have another geared character I would buy everything off consignment shop instead of spending hundreds of thousands of platinum to get desired items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what point of no more can revive be hc , u make ppl spend a lot of gold for open lock then ruin it , like u want to close hc mode by this way , pls dont do this let ppl learn from mistake n revive to try again . all will inactive or quit by this way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I try comprehend the thinking behind this major change in hardcore mode.
    It may occurred to you that after one character dies and have no option to keep playing as a hc character, they will start over since most are so addicted in hc mode alrd.
    Note that some of us playing for many years, even before s17 when seasonals introduced in game. Some aps takes many years to complete em and after all this hard work it is really discouraging to do it again. I'm not talking about 1k elite boss aps. There are aps like titles, badges or craft ebon vanity weapon, pet lvl up (we can't grind in Indigo caverns same way as normal mode), pet aps and more. Even get a speed set might need more than one goblin event if ur really unlucky with crates.
    I am sure, at least that's what I would do in case I die again, everyone will not start over to try get descent gear to be able to run events and start over completing aps, with a new hc character.
    In case ur trying to make hc mode less popular and have less ppl playing this, then this is the correct way. But u won't benefit in anyway profit wise.
    Having an additional option to convert a dead hc character into a normal mode character is a great addition. But it must not be the only choice!

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Just the thought of dying in HC and the only option is to turn your character into a normal toon is absurd. Did you guys even consider that a lot of HCs spent years gearing up and grinding not to mention the hundreds of thousands of plats we spend to get where we are now in HC. Give us an OPTION at least if we wanna continue playing hardcore.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blazerland For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The sole idea of making hc into normal the only option is absurd. Cant you see hardcores spent the most platinums ingame? Idk why would you even consider that, when we only suggest to lower the platinum revive from 1.7 to like 500-1k. Most hardcores will quit if you ever implement this kind of idea.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

you should remove hardcore toons from a standard character's aps (hitting lv 71 / 86). Not everyone can grind or have fun leveling hc toons.
    ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ahhh sts strikes again....doing the complete opposite of wat hc players want...this is useless idea....I won't be playing much hc anymore and I only play hc now did u guys even read the feedback? This is ridiculous...time to pack up n leave the game .... ty for the AL memories was fun...

Ign bigghc / moneyhc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Naaabmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

StS giveth and taketh away. What brainiac thought this was a good idea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is absolutely absurd! I don't even know what to say other than "Wow!"

Ign: Runted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

-ALS
    I'm sorry but absolutely nobody asked for that... People asked for an option to stash items if they quit running hc...but to completly remove the option to revive makes no sense whatsoever...who will create hc character....who will spend plats on it? All it makes me wanna do is stash everything rn and quit playing hc at all lol...all the time and money spent...smh

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starkinea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

[QUOTE=asommers;4168607]Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

First, The idea of the revive to normal mode is going to help you, STS, as much as it will a PORTION of your hc base. The fact that you have considered the suggestion is greatly appreciated. However, I believe that you may be missing an understanding of your full hc player base. It is true that the normal mode revive will encourage a portion of those players and new hc mode players to take more of a chance at spending plat to open locked crates, as well as appease some hc who have already spent plat and used revives after spending a lot on plat already but need a life line to not quit AL altogether from frustration due real life on top of some freak in game causes of death that don’t need to be repeated again here.

HOWEVER, by making the revive to normal mode the only revive option you are also greatly missing an understanding of another large portion of your hc base. This group is in hc to be truly hc. Meaning this group is going to spend money on plat and unlock crates and then go be bad a** hardcore, monster ripping, AP completing, limit pushing beast of a hc player who feeds off of the hc mode style. This group is constantly feeding you a lot of $$$ for plat, and they would rather pay the full amount of plat to remain as hc and revive at level 1 rather than a number, which should be less, to revive in normal mode. In fact this group would not just “rather” revive in hardcore mode, they would be greatly discontent as well as turned off to revive in normal mode. This group should not be overlooked as you take away the option to revive the hc char as a hc char at level 1. People in both groups often feel that the limited options are a “sorry but not really sorry, thanks for your money now see ya” mentality.

Lastly for clarification: one of the many concerns that was brought up in multiple posts in the hardcore feedback and discussion was regarding the loss of badges that most often for hardcore mode players are received from opening the locked crates. Can we assume that badges will remain with our characters in the option to revive in normal mode? Additionally I’m hoping that you reconsider nixing the option to revive as level 1 hc. Could you please address keeping them on the hardcore char which revives at level 1 still in hc mode form.

Thank You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

The way things are going the Hardcore Feedback Thread is giving the same vibes from the Achievement Feedback Thread, hope I end up being wrong.

Good luck to all the HC community!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What the thread says is Hardcore Revamp II, what i see id quitting. For good…and no more spending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

If you allowed gear to drop from maps then this would be fine imo. It is a Pay to Play mode that you are trying to milk further. I was one of the first people to do Hc Leaderboard, the first season before it was a plat peeing contest. This doesn't make me want to play it again.

If you were smart or cared about your hardcore community then you would apologise and let them know that you will not be doing this. It is actually predatory against them, wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Not being able to revive is killing this mode, people grind for all their gears and pets spending over 10k plat to get entire kraken set and then it can only be converted to a normal toon? This will mean less people will open locks since theres no point anymore, also no one will spend those 1,6k anymore, not only do the players hate this idea but even sts is losing alot of money with this change. On avergae hc players spend much more money than normal players do. Hc should be more interesting so more will join but this just scares everyone, no new people will join hc anymore. Also if you die to a bug like the aquareth bug or get a dc and your character stays there getting eaten by the mobs, then the player will quit the game for good since its just nonsense. How can you make a thread about feedback for hc mode, then ignore all the good ideas and add something that nobody wanted, it makes no sense.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Please leave the current ability to plat Rev to HC. Use the PvE rev as a second choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Let us revive as HC character on lvl1 please.
    We'll keep the option to hardcore revive as a level 1 and we'll look into letting you keep your badges/titles. This is a bit difficult as the way things are structured now (which is why we currently strip everything).

For now, we'll just put the proposed changes on indefinite hold and you can continue to play hardcore the way it is now at your own risk.

Thanks for the feedback [and hyperbole], everyone!

-ALS

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We'll keep the option to hardcore revive as a level 1 and we'll look into letting you keep your badges/titles. This is a bit difficult as the way things are structured now (which is why we currently strip everything).

For now, we'll just put the proposed changes on indefinite hold and you can continue to play hardcore the way it is now at your own risk.

Thanks for the feedback [and hyperbole], everyone!

-ALS
    No apologies for the entire hc for ruinin their entire mood throughout the day? As you can see on most of the feedbacks, most were quitting already because of what you told us. We better get more of your words than those assom.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk