Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: 86 Force Weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iulicutu View Post
    ugh...do these situations exist?

I wrote this when you said the following(but decided not to send it; now i've changed my mind seeing you insist with it's usefulness):

what is the different playstyle?

the weapon is the better version of the 81 one
    both stat and proc-wise(better stats/higher pull range)

i tested the reflect in any way and circumstance i could think of(in pve; not interested in pvp so idc how it behaves there):

1. BOSSES:
      • it only tickles bosses
      • i tested in different lb maps
      • there's no way the proc could be useful against a lvl 86 boss

2. MOBS:
      • against endgame mobs it does a little bit of damage but not worth mentioning
      • also since elder woods has the affliction system you would want to avoid being hit, but you have to get hit to reflect any damage...

so it provides no offensive use

3. DEFENSE:
      • initially i thought the reflect would mean that the damage would be reflected instead of dealt to the character but that's false; can die as easily with the reflect shield as without
      • you have to actually take damage to reflect anything; nothing is reflected if you use horn of renew shield
      • so the damage it can deal is limited by how much hp you have; and given that the elder woods mobs kill me in 1 second with 60k hp that's not a lot of damage...

so it provides no deffensive use

4. BUFF:
      • even if it had 2500% damage as it was before it would still be bad
      • probably even with 10000% reflected damage we would still consider it a hindrance to use
      • so imo there's no point in simply buffing the reflected value

the only possible reason i could come up with for it to exist is to mess with our procs/loadouts by adding an useless cooldown
    which by the way can be avoided by simply not using the charged attack at all...but i think that's kinda sad...

in the end you could've said the cd is a trade-off for the higher range and we would've made peace with that eventually
    but to say "iT's A dIfFerENt PlaYStYle" made me angry cuz it makes me think that you're not playing your own game
    now i've been writing this as constructive as i could and i cooled off in the meantime

IF indeed there is a way to utilise the proc in any useful manner and my small brain couldn't think about it then someone please enlighten me and i'll apologise asap
    if not well then...

so in the end you could say: "the weapon was too strong and we decided to hinder efficient use of other weapon procs by adding a 12s cooldown on it's charged attack
    and we added a reflect shield to justify that cooldown even thou we know nobody is going to actually use it in any scenarios"

if that is what you mean by:
    then yes I agree sadly
    No need to apologize for your playstyle :-)

It sounds like you're pretty sold on the idea of removing the reflection all-together, and I can respect that. I personally like making the mobs take reflected damage - but I can accept that I'm an outlier and that all the respondents in this thread patently disagree.

We'll strip it out. Not gonna happen today but it'll happen.

Appreciate the detailed and level-headed feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: