Thread: Difference between Chain sword and rusk sword

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Difference between Chain sword and rusk sword

so what is the difference between rusk sword and SB chain sword? And i got a few questions.

1. which is better?
    2. which one should i buy and why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1. Both weapons for different scenarios. Sb chain is for procing or just to enable cosmic killer buff (if you already have 6 sb items [not inlcuding the sb weapon]). While rusk is a debuff weapon (meaning u can get the benefit while you are on different weapon proc)
    2. I would say go for sb aegis and rusk sword if you have the funds for it. I recommend sb aeg its a bit cheaper and u would only use it for ck proc.

Right now the top meta is the 3 way hotbar technique:

1. Wear the 7/6 star beast setup. Use a skill attack on the target to enable cosmic killer (don't just swing your star beast weapon on the target because you will proc your weapon which in this case unwanted)
    2. Switch to your kraken proc setup. Proc everything you can.
    3. Switch to your Rusk+6/6sb+immo and just spam the rusk weapon attack
    IGN: Pakoljalki

pako pako pako...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hulyepuja For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

rusk better

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

for elite raha, proc everything kraken in your loadaout, then proc sb set proc, then use rusk 6/6 immo.

for hedo, 1 hotbar with haste items and nepta when it procs, go to 6/6 and weapon proc set, then use nepta with kraken make sure to land the charged autotack when everying procs then 6/6 nepta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiasaria For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sorry just not so understand what you guys are talking about.

What i understand so far is proc kraken with immo then switch to sb 6/6 with rusk sword. (so only 1 proc set with 1 damage set is needed based on what i think) (no idea with the sb weapon proc)

kindly correct me if i am wrong. Im planning to invest in warrior as well. So, looking forward for the advice from you guys.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybears View Post
    Sorry just not so understand what you guys are talking about.

What i understand so far is proc kraken with immo then switch to sb 6/6 with rusk sword. (so only 1 proc set with 1 damage set is needed based on what i think) (no idea with the sb weapon proc)

kindly correct me if i am wrong. Im planning to invest in warrior as well. So, looking forward for the advice from you guys.

Thank you in advance.
    Name:  20240514_002658.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  68.9 KB

Currently there is a Proc set. You need to have a Star Beast weapon and six other pieces of equipment.

The Kraken weapon and armor can stack with the Star Beast's Proc set. For example, a 200k damage increases to 300k damage because of the Proc Set.

So the current meta is activate the Proc of your Kraken weapon and armor and then switch to Star Beast weapon with six more Star Beast equipment.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Chain sword is better for situations when you want greater DOT from say kraken sword or eating machine aegis. Rusk Blade compensate lose of DOT damage with faster auto attack, you'll deliver 2 hits in time of 1 strike of chain sword. In the end both are same good to fight bosses with. Chain sword when you want chill play, you proc kraken sword and let the proc do the thing, on the other hand when you use Rusk Blade you have to spam auto attack to equal performance of Chain Sword. Chain sword has 1 benefit, you can use it in full sb set to get 200% dmg bonus, but i would definitely go for Sb Shield over Sb Chain (price & mob performance in favor of shield, more in lines below)

If you plan to use them as mob weapon, then these 2 can't be compared. Rusk Blade is light years ahead. Also, vs mobs i recommend you to use Sb Shield (cheaper than Sb Chain). This shield (aegis) is like kraken sword vs multiple targets + pull. Sb shield + rusk blade is deadly combo in new maps vs mobs. You may ask "ok, i bought sb shield but now i miss heavy DOT damage weapon". Well, you do but you can fix it. You can buy 2m worth snowstorm blade which performs as good as Sb Chain in DOT dmg (depends of awaken), and if you are lucky to get snowstorm blade with good awaken, it is even stronger.

To answer your questions:
    - both have pros and cons and i personally would not buy expensive sb chain sword.... Sb shields are like 80m and Sb Chain is 140 or 160m? (i am not sure of sb chain current price, but it is definitely more expensive). I would go for Rusk Blade + Sb Shield (to activate sb set 200% dmg buff) and if you feel like u want your proc dmg to be higher, then get cheap snowstorm blade.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dmqp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    Name:  20240514_002658.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  68.9 KB

Currently there is a Proc set. You need to have a Star Beast weapon and six other pieces of equipment.

The Kraken weapon and armor can stack with the Star Beast's Proc set. For example, a 200k damage increases to 300k damage because of the Proc Set.

So the current meta is activate the Proc of your Kraken weapon and armor and then switch to Star Beast weapon with six more Star Beast equipment.

i remember dev removed proc stacking when people using kraken set proc and glint aeg. any different with nowaday proc?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don’t use 7/6, but as far as I understand, cosmic killer is a buff, not weapon proc so it will be stacking.

Btw i also have question: if i using divi ring and outlaw amul in dmg set and i don't need 6/6 set as dmg set, do i need sb amul? or i can use sb bracelet as 6th piece for cosmic killer buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzpezdoszzz View Post
    I don’t use 7/6, but as far as I understand, cosmic killer is a buff, not weapon proc so it will be stacking.

Btw i also have question: if i using divi ring and outlaw amul in dmg set and i don't need 6/6 set as dmg set, do i need sb amul? or i can use sb bracelet as 6th piece for cosmic killer buff?
    Yes you can. But you need to have a Star Beast weapon and 6 other pieces from the set.

In any case, the amulet increases the cosmic killer's time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drawfflerz View Post
    i remember dev removed proc stacking when people using kraken set proc and glint aeg. any different with nowaday proc?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    This is a set proc, not a weapon proc. The Star Beast weapon proc does not stack with kraken. But you can activate any kraken weapon first and switch to the 6/6 set and Star Beast weapon to get Proc Set as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sent from my 23129RAA4G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    Chain sword is better for situations when you want greater DOT from say kraken sword or eating machine aegis. Rusk Blade compensate lose of DOT damage with faster auto attack, you'll deliver 2 hits in time of 1 strike of chain sword. In the end both are same good to fight bosses with. Chain sword when you want chill play, you proc kraken sword and let the proc do the thing, on the other hand when you use Rusk Blade you have to spam auto attack to equal performance of Chain Sword. Chain sword has 1 benefit, you can use it in full sb set to get 200% dmg bonus, but i would definitely go for Sb Shield over Sb Chain (price & mob performance in favor of shield, more in lines below)

If you plan to use them as mob weapon, then these 2 can't be compared. Rusk Blade is light years ahead. Also, vs mobs i recommend you to use Sb Shield (cheaper than Sb Chain). This shield (aegis) is like kraken sword vs multiple targets + pull. Sb shield + rusk blade is deadly combo in new maps vs mobs. You may ask "ok, i bought sb shield but now i miss heavy DOT damage weapon". Well, you do but you can fix it. You can buy 2m worth snowstorm blade which performs as good as Sb Chain in DOT dmg (depends of awaken), and if you are lucky to get snowstorm blade with good awaken, it is even stronger.

To answer your questions:
    - both have pros and cons and i personally would not buy expensive sb chain sword.... Sb shields are like 80m and Sb Chain is 140 or 160m? (i am not sure of sb chain current price, but it is definitely more expensive). I would go for Rusk Blade + Sb Shield (to activate sb set 200% dmg buff) and if you feel like u want your proc dmg to be higher, then get cheap snowstorm blade.
    Isnt the snow wep dots locked behind a full set i thought u could only proc special dot effect if u had 8/8 snow set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiorDrypp View Post
    so what is the difference between rusk sword and SB chain sword? And i got a few questions.

1. which is better?
    2. which one should i buy and why?
    Hi

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

rusk sword is beautiful for running thru aps , star chainsword with 6/6 sb+krak armor is beautiful vs bosses . to get most out of chainsword you will definitely want the amulet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk