Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't do this in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,077 Posts

Default Don't do this in the future

Requiring certain gear to be worn in order to join a map. This will harshly affect the game in a negative way.
    I foresee you devs adding new maps which only drop gold and require certain gears to join and those gears will be locked behind a paywall. Very bad idea, people like to experiment with gear sets and stats. Limiting us to what we can use will only make the game less fun. I don't even like that I can't use kraken vest in the new poison map without dying as soon as I swap loadouts. This will impact gold loot farming a lot since people have gold loot awakes on different gears.

Now there is a way you can do this and that is make a campaign where items drop and not gold then have a 2nd campaign which drops gold and some items. The more powerful stat gears can be looted by locks and the low - mid tier gears can be looted, crafted, or bought by tokens.
    Items dropped in the gear limited mode would need to be very cool, rare, useful, expensive. Pet eggs, gears, vanities, jewels, and consumable chests. It would be fun if it had lv 61 expansion mechanics where you have to kill x enemies for x rank and use tokens to upgrade ranks. That was very fun. This in the lv 91 expansion would be amazing. Procs are disabled in the maps. You have 2 expansions in 1 ideally, one is normal where you can use any gears any procs but loot only gold and maybe some items. The other campaign is gear limited to farm jewels, gears, vanities, eggs, and other items inorder for you to make your self more powerful in the normal mode while making your self more powerful in this mode too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

+1 they f up this new map again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+1 I don't want this game to die

Sent from my CPH2059 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts

Totally not interested in specialty gears.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I kinda like it because it takes away the power creep and everyone is on the same level. any1 can afford the set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    I kinda like it because it takes away the power creep and everyone is on the same level. any1 can afford the set
    Do you like not being able to wear your gold loot set without dying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

w

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I like the impermeable set mechanics, it makes the grinding somewhat different from every other map, where I would just use the usual maxed-out set. It feels good to use different loadouts, strategies, pets,..

If you don’t like poison map, farm the other two if you feel happier there. Same as I prefer poison caverns over the other maps.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Why dont they add another impermeable set piece like a arti so that we can use krak armor because at this point war and mage kill boss in less then 5 sec and rogue takes 3-4 min to do it due to not having a invulnerability skill or ult like what mage and war have mage got 4sec and war has 19.5 sec in total of invulnerability if u combine horn and immortal ult which rogue does not have at all and mage has a shield ult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,077 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    I like the impermeable set mechanics, it makes the grinding somewhat different from every other map, where I would just use the usual maxed-out set. It feels good to use different loadouts, strategies, pets,..

If you don’t like poison map, farm the other two if you feel happier there. Same as I prefer poison caverns over the other maps.
    Missing the point here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Requiring certain gear to be worn in order to join a map.
    Hope it helped you with understanding my point.
    <Elite Runners>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Requiring certain gear to be worn in order to join a map. This will harshly affect the game in a negative way.
    I foresee you devs adding new maps which only drop gold and require certain gears to join and those gears will be locked behind a paywall. Very bad idea, people like to experiment with gear sets and stats. Limiting us to what we can use will only make the game less fun. I don't even like that I can't use kraken vest in the new poison map without dying as soon as I swap loadouts. This will impact gold loot farming a lot since people have gold loot awakes on different gears.

Now there is a way you can do this and that is make a campaign where items drop and not gold then have a 2nd campaign which drops gold and some items. The more powerful stat gears can be looted by locks and the low - mid tier gears can be looted, crafted, or bought by tokens.
    Items dropped in the gear limited mode would need to be very cool, rare, useful, expensive. Pet eggs, gears, vanities, jewels, and consumable chests. It would be fun if it had lv 61 expansion mechanics where you have to kill x enemies for x rank and use tokens to upgrade ranks. That was very fun. This in the lv 91 expansion would be amazing. Procs are disabled in the maps. You have 2 expansions in 1 ideally, one is normal where you can use any gears any procs but loot only gold and maybe some items. The other campaign is gear limited to farm jewels, gears, vanities, eggs, and other items inorder for you to make your self more powerful in the normal mode while making your self more powerful in this mode too.
    -1 for your thread
    When zodias came out we didn t die when first came out? Yes we did, and a lot. Here is a good thing they stopped a little bit the end game players to do 10 seconds maps, by adding new toxins and the poison map. I runned a lot these maps, last few days, and i dont think an end game player could cry about this, i saw many with high stats that run entire map and clear it ultra fast. Okay the middle and low ones they have some problems, like many expansions.
    So my suggestion try do many times, and you will find some tricks on how to clear maps fast and after you will say is way too eazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,077 Posts

Idea is fine. I like the mechanic.
    Future paywall locks to get the gears isn't great.
    Unable to swap to gold loot in the map without dying is an issue especially when the map is mainly meant to farm gold in is just asking to have no fun.
    Its fine if the map is meant to farm items so we don't need to switch sets.

Hope this simplifies what I am saying.
    We have gotten nonstop maps since lv 61 expansion to farm nothing but mainly gold in. Getting a new campaign that only allows said gears to be worn or die when the main drop is gold isn't so ideal.
    We have asked for maps to farm items in.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Idea is fine. I like the mechanic.
    Future paywall locks to get the gears isn't great.
    Unable to swap to gold loot in the map without dying is an issue especially when the map is mainly meant to farm gold in.
    Its fine if the map is meant to farm items so we don't need to switch sets.

Hope this simplifies what I am saying.
    We have gotten nonstop maps since lv 61 expansion to farm nothing but mainly gold in. Getting a new campaign that only allows said gears to be worn or die when the main drop is gold isn't so ideal.
    We have asked for maps to farm items in.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    If they added these 2 maps for farming items, than idk what to say. I think one in a million would get the 2 arcane things to make the wings. So better they would add a high drop rate of craftable materials, and a high drop of require materials like 10k+, than adding 2 things that noone would get them.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Time to include warrior in team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

it's only a single map requiring certain gear and you can still run the 2nd map as many as you want without gear restriction? You are talking about gold loot and you got it there tbh. In addition you already have many maps that you can farm gold in so it still doesn't make any sense from my point of view.

Also idk what sts says about gold farming in new maps but well needed such variety in the game so i liked it this way. "Don't make it like that we can't farm gold' argument is just funny when you can literally earn 150k+ by killing 2 bosses on 2nd map (no impermeable set needed btw)
    Just so you to know it's Squlo/Fair/Slifer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Do you like not being able to wear your gold loot set without dying?
    Make a slot with gl gear with the new set when awake event comes get gl on the armor n helm there is alwaays a way to use things just using right tactics matter the game is good atm with new tactics to figure out just dont expect easy way out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

unless your original gl armor and helm has 100+gl per piece, the gold loot argument is easily solved by having gl awakes on your impermeable set. problem is if you have enough loudout/hotbar slots to accommodate the new sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

On the flipside, I think it's really good to force us to wear certain gears on a map. It normalizes the power curve, but I'll tell you now there's still some op players out there that can power through this map. I've always been a farmer at heart, but I've never farmed with the best gears even to this day. You pretty much have to have a kraken set to farm anything effectively, and this poison map as long as there's two people, if you die, just use 5ankh revive and power the boss down with kraken armor proc for 5 seconds.

What angers me is the hedo map with players asking only for players who can do the second phase bypass. Even players with a kraken set are excluded as they don't even scratch the surface. You essentially utilize your kraken set as a proc set and then swap in the starbeast pieces under proc to do any significant damage. Not everyone can afford one set, nevermind 2 sets. This is exclusion farming at its best and I refuse to participate. If it were up to me, you shouldn't be able to swap sets if you're under proc much like how you can't change pets if you use the AA. Much like how multiple weapons proc stacking got nerfed, I think the time has come where set swapping under proc needs to be addressed.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    On the flipside, I think it's really good to force us to wear certain gears on a map. It normalizes the power curve, but I'll tell you now there's still some op players out there that can power through this map. I've always been a farmer at heart, but I've never farmed with the best gears even to this day. You pretty much have to have a kraken set to farm anything effectively, and this poison map as long as there's two people, if you die, just use 5ankh revive and power the boss down with kraken armor proc for 5 seconds.

What angers me is the hedo map with players asking only for players who can do the second phase bypass. Even players with a kraken set are excluded as they don't even scratch the surface. You essentially utilize your kraken set as a proc set and then swap in the starbeast pieces under proc to do any significant damage. Not everyone can afford one set, nevermind 2 sets. This is exclusion farming at its best and I refuse to participate. If it were up to me, you shouldn't be able to swap sets if you're under proc much like how you can't change pets if you use the AA. Much like how multiple weapons proc stacking got nerfed, I think the time has come where set swapping under proc needs to be addressed.
    At last, someone who talks sense.