Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE READ, auto liquidate!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

k thx guys, yea i know it was probably mentioned alot before. just thought, hey maybe the more we bring it up the more attention the devs will give the idea...? who knows.
    55 dex Bird DEXMANN
    30 engineer DEXMANN

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    am i the only one who hates this idea? why wou;ld people need inventory slots if they have that have auto liquidate. devs lose money, we lose content. in the end we dont really win. just stay ontop of it or buy more slots!
    I won't go as far as to say I hate the idea but this probably won't be implemented simply because the aim of the game is to spend more plat; spending plat leads to buying plat. This is more about inventory management than anything and there one thing you should keep in mind: you won't be kicked from a game because your inventory is full. Even if you start a run with 49/50 items in your inventory, you can run from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without any issues. When the complete run is over go back to town and liquidate, it only takes a minute. Players who are fed up with the constant liquidation scheme will eventually invest in more inventory/stash slots (STS added big bars to add more slots to these to encourage purchases).

So to recap, this idea should cease to be suggested. STS hears you, but understands that it's not a necessity nor productive. Overall it will most likely have negative ramifications causing some to inadvertently liquidate something they wanted to keep and this thread will be replaced by numerous help needed threads due to auto-liquidation fail. Perhaps a happy medium is to only add this feature if one purchases up to cap inventory slots, as well as removal of the purchase more slots tab that below the inventory boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If it's all about plat, why don't let us buy the auto-liquidate option, or give it for free once you have 500slots?

Edit: didn't see Gluttony already suggested something similar O.o

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Hope it gets implemented. Great idea! +48

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

It's a great idea. Also a compromise could be to be able to select a bunch of items and only hit liquidate once instead of individually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I can identify with each side of this argument. Pesky. The catalyst may be the first lawsuit due to repetitive motion injury... Having said that, I gotta liquidate some stuff so I can go on a run (stretches fingers) sell...yes... Sell....yes sell..yes... Sell... Yes... Sell...yes... ... ... ... ;-)

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea thx guys, i knew it was probably mentioned previously just wanted to make sure it was up and running around so devs would hear about it
    55 dex Bird DEXMANN
    30 engineer DEXMANN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Instead of having it free for everybody, why not BUY the option? That would solve the issue with plat. It would cost a little more than it would cost for maxing inventory slots. So you could chose to buy 500 (?) inventory slots or pay a little more for auto liquidate.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Even if you start a run with 49/50 items in your inventory, you can run from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without any issues.
    The one exception, in PL anyways, is Lion's Den.

It won't let you warp if you're over your inventory limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

How about this: after you have liquidated the same item ten times it goes on your auto-liquidate list; you don't have to click anything to liquidate that item anymore. Then you could always inspect your list and remove items if you stopped wanting to liquidate that automatically. Cool ideas are one thing, implementation is another- I have no idea about feasibility, or how much data storage that would add per character.
    Chiieshatie Subclavius