Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair!!!---You knew it was coming!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unfair!!!---You knew it was coming!!

I know people with COP , dedicated their time and elixirs for it ...but what about the the new players or people who didn't have enough time to reach 56 even while using elixirs...they just sit back and watch as they get owned in PVP? +10 armor is LOT!

There should be a way to earn COP now , should be something with VERY HARD difficulties like quests points or collecting or amount of kills or something...so people can get COP. Its not fair that if one decides to keep up with this game for next few years and dedicate lot of money and time to it but always miss that COP...

Founders Helm is totally differently topic so don't bring this into it! psh...

ATLEAST GIVE HALF THE STATS BONUS OR PORTION, JUST FOR THE SHIELD! Makes Lot of sense imo.

Edit- BTW I was 10k away from 56, I was busy at work so planned on getting it on the weekend with elixirs, when they announced the update was coming. I sucked it up at that time thinking hey its goanna be replaced by better helms (COP) but now with the bonus...
    Last edited by Clodoveo; 09-23-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BUT ATLEAST GIVE SOME STATS FOR JUST THE SHIELD...ZZzz...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Nothing unfair about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ummmmm.... No. Those of us who were there for the 56 cap earned the Crown of Persistence. That is an item that should not be released again.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clodoveo:425049
    BUT ATLEAST GIVE SOME STATS FOR JUST THE SHIELD...ZZzz...
    Dont pvp people with the set then or ask to take it off, simple.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Ummmmm.... No. Those of us who were there for the 56 cap earned the Crown of Persistence. That is an item that should not be released again.
    I'd love to agree with you, but time has proven this isn't always the case. The red antenna were for a Haiku contest, the big luck vanity was for St. Patty's day, big love... The list is growing as time passes, I don't know how STS will respond to this but I know that they will try to make the most people happy at the end of the day and if that means offering more crowns then that may be what they'll do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I'd love to agree with you, but time has proven this isn't always the case. The red antenna were for a Haiku contest, the big luck vanity was for St. Patty's day, big love... The list is growing as time passes, I don't know how STS will respond to this but I know that they will try to make the most people happy at the end of the day and if that means offering more crowns then that may be what they'll do.
    Well in another thread I suggested a rotation and I still think that would be the way to do it. I also think that the "next" crown, if any, should definitely look different... It would make the older player who really made the push to 56 feel like they still have something special and the newer players feel like over time they can reach the same level of "set bonus" awesomeness. lol

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Just watch those daily deals.

COP is sure to come out one of these days for 200 plat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    I hope they dont because i made it to 56 and it took a long time if they just give it out for 20 plat thats not fair i do all the work for that crown and then they sell it.. Not right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I dont have the crown, i dont deserve the crown, i shouldnt be able to get the crown for any price. Ever imo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flickz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imacoolbirdd:425087
    I hope they dont because i made it to 56 and it took a long time if they just give it out for 20 plat thats not fair i do all the work for that crown and then they sell it.. Not right
    Good point, I hope the CoP comes out on deal of the day, and costs about 700 platinum and you don't recieve it for 2 weeks, cuz thats what it cost me, and I did it on time.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-23-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There is nothing unfair about it... If you were not there for the Cop, just accept it. The Sewers were there for months, n which it is VERY EASY to get a 50 to 56 WITHOUT elixirs. It was for a LONG time. Besides, Elite vanities are different than some event or competition, so not to spill cold water on your plans or hopes, but...
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clodoveo:425092

I want perspective of people in future/newer players and players who were close but failed like me. (Missed by 10k exp) I KNOW FOR FACT most of you who came running to this thread have COP, as your argument suggests. Or people who will lie about not having COP, just to prove a point. I am sure we will see handful of those.
    I'm so sorry that you missed it by such a narrow margin. There is not a whole lot I can say to make this seem better.

Since, pvp is the only place that there is competition 'tween players, maybe make it so this set can't be used in pvp unless all involved are wearing. An honorable player wouldn't want an unfair advantage over his opponent anyway.

Just a thought.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:425120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Please calm down, this is a videogame forum. Your criticism will be listened to by more people if you arent so offensive.

Edit: Sorry for double post ,the quote confused me lol
    I agree please calm down..... GOA's calm the situation not make it larger. But a rotation or a plat purchase....something for new PL players....
    im speaking for new members. im new to Pl and im Lv 60...never got the chance to get the helm, but I would like the chance too. but name calling and flaming is not the answer.
    Devs have stated they want new players to get stuff too...hence Deal of the Day. We all want items too, we all have the right to collect, new and old players.

When we reach a lv cap its your choice, but younger players with limited plat for elix need the opportunity also. then if incentives are made for them, they will spend cash to reach it.

If SL comes out with such vanity I want everyone to have the chance to get also (No bias, just to be fair). Both games are meant to be casual, and I hope the Devs hear our call to.
    I agree ghost, my only issue is I specifically spent plat on elixirs to get the helm. And it cost me roughly 700 plat and two weeks from 55-56.

Just as these people would have got the crown if they knew about a future bonus, I wouldn't have spent 700 plat getting the crown on time if it was just gonna be offered later on as a 75 plat deal of the day.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-23-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally For a vanity item, I dislike its looks so it doesnt fall either way with me whether I have or don't have it. Since I PvE exclusively I rather prefer to have cool looking strong gear on rather than gaudy-but-tough as nails gear..But thats just my personal preference.

I Always wished the Shadow/death/cyber helms came out in a similiar vanity form (What can I say, I love ninja/samurai-type looks). The closest "cool" vanity I purchased was the lions mask for the bear. That Rocks! Damned be the stats on it...It can finally hide that gaudy overlords helmet of the void...

Is the point of playing this game just to get to level 56 and get that helm? That could then mean you've reached the pinnacle and thus why really need to continue playing further? Its a business here and they of course have the right to add new inventive ways of enticing people to continue onward and upward, no?

Just my worthless 2 cents....
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

There's really nothing unfair about this. It's not like there's a vanity item for every single equipment spot. There's two. Count them. One... Two...
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Now I wish I grinded to 56 back then, but no I don't hope to see the crown as a deal of the day. That would be really tacky and wrong, but I don't see STS doing this. The items they brought back for daily deal were never rewards for accomplishing something. So again, I don't see the crowns being available for purchase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Now I wish I grinded to 56 back then, but no I don't hope to see the crown as a deal of the day. That would be really tacky and wrong, but I don't see STS doing this. The items they brought back for daily deal were never rewards for accomplishing something. So again, I don't see the crowns being available for purchase.
    I hope you're right.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:425187
    Well, one could argue the red antennaes were earned and accomplished..
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pvp advantage is the real killer. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a huge difference and could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing on July 1st and hit 55 around a week before nuri's came out. I was about 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

A few possible solutions: (Hated or revered as they may be.)

1- Sell it as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
    2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
    3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.