Thread: CAUTION: Do not go to www.kocguild.com until further notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default CAUTION: Do not go to www.kocguild.com until further notice.

The server has been hacked apparently. I'm unsure of virus issues with a hacked server so I would appreciate if all members and people looking to join please refrain from going to www.kocguild.com until it's fixed.

You can still click my sig or go to www.kocguild.forumotion.ca (seperate server) for our forums where u can register. Thanks for your cooperation and anyone with computer/website/hack/etc knowledge please PM me and tell me what I can do to fix this. Thanks.

(Edit: not sure if this should be in guild section as it should be seen by all and general discussion seems most commonly viewed.)
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-25-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Eb, I'm sorry to hear this happened. Are you guys still on Forumotion? Make sure you contact them asap--it may have been some random jerky person targeting Forumotion forums. If you guys are elsewhere now, contact whoever is hosting it asap. They'll be able to help you with restoring or walking you or your webmaster thru restoring your page and they may have some tips on making the site more secure if they aren't responsible for security. I hope you're able to get back up and running soon.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you tell people not to go to your guild website, haha, they most likely will.
    PL- IGN: Stealthmagic
    http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...c/f01292f6.jpg
    SL- IGN: Instantkill

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Hey buddy. Hate to see this. Maybe sending an email to the devs would give you some answers on how to handle this. I agree that the last post should have been handled differently, but at least you have a heads up on the issue. Good luck!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree canonical, you should contact the host asap. Im srry this happened. Maybe you should switch hosts if it doesnt cost any or too much money.

SL Characters: Blakout Lvl 25 commando | Kaosbane lvl 17 operative | Kaosreaper lvl 10 engineer
    PL Characters: Kaotiik Lvl 20 archer | Chaosdood lvl 18 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Just to clarify, forumotion is fine, it's our main website, www.kocguild.com, that has a member list, rules, and so on that got hacked. It was created by Mayhemmonkey and I'm unsure of the server he used, so I'll have to get him to deal with it. I don't think this was a direct attack on KoC, rather the whole server.

The link to our forums is in my sig and is still safe to use. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I hope to track down lilwayne ingame and make peace with him, as I wasn't aware of this at the time and thought he was trolling. My bad -_-
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-25-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It let me on the website, no problems.

http://kocguild.forumotion.ca/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, the entrance is nice on the hacked website.
    http://www.kocguild.com/

The link above is working fine.

Edit: Lol, I double posted =D
    Last edited by Stealthmagic; 09-25-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Try to download a free anti-virus software and scan the website, it will most likely find the virus and add it to the 'virus vault'. After that u just need to clear the virus using the software. Hope this method works for u

EDIT: I'm pretty sure avg has a trial version, u could try that
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thanks Matutd, I'll tell mayhem. Hopefully I stll have his phone number in my texts..
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Matud, their website is hosted on someone else's server--there's no way for them to run an anti-virus package on that. That's a good idea, though, for anybody that may have downloaded anything from the hacked site, so that's still a good heads-up you gave.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sunday, September 25 - Important Systems Announcement - Please Read

Written By: Brad Markle

Dear Customer,
    At around 4am EST, our system administration team identified a website defacement attack affecting a large number of customers. We are still investigating, but it appears that files named index.php have been defaced.
    We are evaluating how this has occurred and our security team will have more information shortly.
    While we review this issue, cPanel and SSH access has been disabled on various platforms. For additional security, we are rotating passwods on a number of accounts. We will honor requests for password resets as they are needed but are attempting to limit the inconvenience to our customers as we're able. FTP is still operational should you wish to access your files at this time and correct any issues you see yourself. We will be working diligently to make cPanel access available again as soon as possible.
    If there is a defacement on your account, please know that our Systems team is working to get your site back online. If your index.php was modified, they will be restoring it from the most recent backup and no further action is necessary on your part. At this time, we do not have a definitive timeframe for resolution, but we will update this page as we gather more information.
    We do apologize for this issue, let us know as you have further questions, we'll be glad to answer them as we're able. Please understand it will take our security team some time to review this issue before we can have a full explanation available.
    Best Regards,
    The Web Hosting Hub Team

According to the message I received, we were not the only ones affected by this attack. I'm contacting support as I'm typing this, and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

No, you were not the only ones. My brothers website got the exact same thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Now can I join koc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I hope it gets fixed soon. I was just about to get on to announce my Santa Abe plans for PL. Blame me.
    P.s. Good luck with it

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!