I do this stuff and more, and I'm surprised you wrote this guide. Usually we (market players) like to keep our methods secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
3. Follow EVOLT's advise and give back: one of the best things about being as successful merchant is your ability to help others. Yes, all the begging does get frustrating at times and you do feel singled out once you've been dubbed a successful trader (hard not to be, people see the items u have), but it is very rewarding to be able to help the deserving players that really are appreciative. At this point, I only keep an adequate supply of gold to allow for continued merchanting and give away anything above that on a weekly basis.
The problem with giving to beggers is that they are encouraged to continue begging. I always wonder who feeds the beggers because they would all stop if it was not profitable. In this game it is easy to make money, and the items needed to play the game are cheap. The rare expensive things are not needed at all, except as a fashion statement. Everyone can learn to play the game and be self sufficient, except those that get free items and leveling help. They will have trouble learning how to play the game.

So. you inspired me to make another thread, "How to be altruistic without feeding beggers".