Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are people asking to boost their "Thanks" ratings to get a higher reputation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

My "thank you" button disappeared. I guess there is a limit. LOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I'm gonna be upset if they removed the feature. Seriously. There was nothing wrong. My Thanks button is gone, too.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

My thanks button seems to be there fine, propably you guys got limited or something.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkfader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    I'm gonna be upset if they removed the feature. Seriously. There was nothing wrong. My Thanks button is gone, too.
    I hope I didn't cause a thank you button failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I hope I didn't cause a thank you button failure.
    Stomp it's all your fault.

Lol, jk
    PL - Navygreen

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

omg stomp you little evil squirrel!
    I understand his ulterior motive!
    (I notice the "Remove Thanks" button beside the post.
    And Stomp controls 50% of all thanks on forums... So whenever he feels like it, he can take down a person's rep bar easy!)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

seriously this entire thread is about abuse of the rep system when in actuality its happening right under your noses.... It took 3pages of meaningleass thx for just 1 person to step up and say stomp stop! Stomp please dont take offense to this but IMO what your doing is in exactly what the entire thread was intended to bring to light and hopefully prevent people from doing. IM NOT SAYING that apollo or others dont deserve to have 3,4 or even 10 green bars.... But the reputation system is going to be around for a long time so why rush the process? If your trying to prove a point? then I would say u have done so thouroughly. I personally am proud of my of my 3 bars because ik 95% of them I earned by being helpful and by being thanked for things of value.

Sam, can you please implement some sort of limitations to how many "thanks" can be issued by one person in a 24hr period? For example maybe 10? This wont stop the abused by any means but atleast a good start and would limit to it.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    My "thank you" button disappeared. I guess there is a limit. LOL
    Thank you, Sam!
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 09-29-2011 at 11:27 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    omg stomp you little evil squirrel!
    I understand his ulterior motive!
    (I notice the "Remove Thanks" button beside the post.
    And Stomp controls 50% of all thanks on forums... So whenever he feels like it, he can take down a person's rep bar easy!)
    It's all part of my master plan to force the community into harassing the devs to put Squirrels in game.

Name:  squirrel4.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  34.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    seriously this entire thread is about abuse of the rep system when in actuality its happening right under your noses.... It took 3pages of meaningleass thx for just 1 person to step up and say stomp stop! Stomp please dont take offense to this but IMO what your doing is in exactly what the entire thread was intended to bring to light and hopefully prevent people from doing. IM NOT SAYING that apollo or others dont deserve to have 3,4 or even 10 green bars.... But the reputation system is going to be around for a long time so why rush the process? If your trying to prove a point? then I would say u have done so thouroughly. I personally am proud of my of my 3 bars because ik 95% of them I earned by being helpful and by being thanked for things of value.

Sam, can you please implement some sort of limitations to how many "thanks" can be issued by one person in a 24hr period? For example maybe 10? This wont stop the abused by any means but atleast a good start and would limit to it.

There is either a limit or I have been "thank you" banned so no worries.

My point is that "thank you" is a feature available to everyone and how people use the feature is up to them... putting a limit on it does not fix it in any way it just makes the numbers be lower...

Edit: I might be expressing myself wrong. The way I see it is that folks can thank people as much as they want. I think it's a great feature but honestly it is more of a "kuddos, I like what you said" or a "I like this guy" than a "thank you you are a genius" feature. Makes sense?
    Last edited by StompArtist; 09-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post

EDIT:

Thank you, Sam!
    Yep there's already a limit per 24 hours. But even when you reach the limit, the thanks button dosn't dissapear I think. I'm upset because I really utilize the feature. I hope my button returns. I have not abused it.

And I hope me participating in this thread has nothing to do with this.
    PL - Navygreen

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Yep there's already a limit per 24 hours. But even when you reach the limit, the thanks button dosn't dissapear I think. I'm upset because I really utilize the feature. I hope my button returns. I have not abused it.

And I hope me participating in this thread has nothing to do with this.
    So you can only thank 1 person every 24 hours?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    So you can only thank 1 person every 24 hours?
    No, not at all. The other day I guess I thanked too many posts and it told me to try back in 24 hours. I had thanked too much. It couldn't have been more than 10 thanks and I don't even think it was that many. But it did pop up and tell me to wait.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Well, reading the quote from MoogerFooger in Wounded's post, I think it's unfair to think that nobody should have it in their signature to thank them. People like to know that they're being helpful. It's not up to us to decide for people what makes them feel good or better about themselves. If they are here and genuinely trying to help people, what's wrong in checking your rep and feeling better about yourself because you helped people out?

Of course there's some people who probably want rep for bragging right, but it's perfectly normal to want to feel good about helping people. And how else do we know we're being helpful besides someone saying thanks to your post? The rep system is there for that purpose. I think some of you are looking too deep into this.

And if you know me by now, you know i'm gonna try to throw you that curve ball. I have to go against the grain. I have to speak my mind. I just don't see what's wrong with the system. Other than what Crimson just said above.
    If you're going to throw my name around in vain, at least get your facts straight. Nowhere did I, nor anyone that I see afterwards, ever say that no one should have it in their sig. I said "Some of us never will because we think it's silly/overrated/whatever' (that is just an opinion, and not stated as a fact) and that asking for thanks in a sig was - in my opinion - kind of funny, like asking people to like your Facebook status. I then followed that up with "Absolutely no harm is done however" or something to that effect and that it might also to some degree encourage positive posting.

You say "People like to know they are being helpful". Says who? Many of us post to be helpful, sure, or spread little tidbits of knowledge around to our friends we may have picked up...but many of us do it because we like to, not because "we need to know we're being helpful with Thanks/Thumbs Up". I guarantee you that the Guardian of Guardians, Royce, never did a single thing in order to 'get thanks" if he was still around...he did it because he liked spreading what he knew/had figured out around to the forum community, and in game.

If you and others want to feel better/spread the love as you see fit by FPP (forum popularityz pointz), it is a free forum and everyone can do whatever they want within the ToS and whatever limits they apparently have put on thanks/thumbs up/etc. Don't sit there and make things up and attach people's names to it, however. Even though I disagree with Wounded sometimes, I also have a fair amount respect for him as his posts have thought behind them, which is not always the case around here (myself included sometimes and he knows this, like on the post of his I initially responded to....why you feel the need to manufacture something in order to argue against it and throw my name around is no bueno.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    If you're going to throw my name around in vain, at least get your facts straight. Nowhere did I, nor anyone that I see afterwards, ever say that no one should have it in their sig. I said "Some of us never will because we think it's silly/overrated/whatever' (that is just an opinion, and not stated as a fact) and that asking for thanks in a sig was - in my opinion - kind of funny, like asking people to like your Facebook status. I then followed that up with "Absolutely no harm is done however" or something to that effect and that it might also to some degree encourage positive posting.

You say "People like to know they are being helpful". Says who? Many of us post to be helpful, sure, or spread little tidbits of knowledge around to our friends we may have picked up...but many of us do it because we like to, not because "we need to know we're being helpful with Thanks/Thumbs Up". I guarantee you that the Guardian of Guardians, Royce, never did a single thing in order to 'get thanks" if he was still around...he did it because he liked spreading what he knew/had figured out around to the forum community, and in game.

If you and others want to feel better/spread the love as you see fit by FPP (forum popularityz pointz), it is a free forum and everyone can do whatever they want within the ToS and whatever limits they apparently have put on thanks/thumbs up/etc. Don't sit there and make things up and attach people's names to it, however. Even though I disagree with Wounded sometimes, I also have a fair amount respect for him as his posts have thought behind them, which is not always the case around here (myself included sometimes and he knows this, like on the post of his I initially responded to....why you feel the need to manufacture something in order to argue against it and throw my name around is no bueno.
    Whoa whoa whoa! I don't want any trouble! I don't throw names around, I just give my opinion. Lol. Calm down, bud. You take these things a bit too literally.

Get back to me when you're not so upset, Moogerfooger.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-29-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

No fighting in the thread I hijacked fair and square!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

'Shocked' and 'Horrified' are some pretty strong words there. I think people are just over doing the 'Thanks' button. I really only use it if there post truly benefited me or others.

EDIT: I dont even care about my thanks or reputation count because i know everyone knows most of my posts are wholesome and good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa! I don't want any trouble! I don't throw names around, I just give my opinion. Lol. Calm down, bud. You take these things a bit too literally.

Get back to me when you're not so upset, Moogerfooger.
    1. I'm not your bud. Never heard of you before this thread
    2. Whether you want to admit it or not, you threw a name around attached to a statement which was completely false.
    3. Have a nice forum day.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Guys calm it down. This thread has completely de-railed so just sand the flame and let it be. IBTL
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 09-29-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Apollo actually has 3 bars now, it happened overnight. On a side note, I do like the illustration that Stomp is making by sharing the wealth.
    It's another problem with this system; people can jump from no bars to 3-4 very rapidly: volatility.

I think the important thing to draw from this thread is that the reputation system should be ignored. It is easy to boost and not a very good indicator of expertise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    It's another problem with this system; people can jump from no bars to 3-4 very rapidly: volatility.

I think the important thing to draw from this thread is that the reputation system should be ignored. It is easy to boost and not a very good indicator of expertise.
    Amen!