Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i dont get this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    justb thats really helpfull ty. no i never made any friends ur right.
    I use the word CHEAT and now its my personality??
    @ justb from all ppl i know in this game and all ur helpfull things here on the forum this is what u come up with??? really disapointing

sick twist in this story seems. all the time its my personality man really.
    touch the potions and its some ones personality?

so when i have a good personality cheating my way thru a game isnt that bad thats what u r saying.

really ?????? man ive learned something here

up to the store to buy some potion to boost my personality and since im at it i get some botox to make all complete.
    Cynic, I think you have to realize that the tone of your post leading to this response likely caused quite a few people to consider it a flame. Remember Jaytb agreed with many of your points in your original post, but admitted (like me) to regularly using elixers. You just called me, Jaytb, our friends, and many people in the game CHEATERS. You also said we are adults playing a child's game (because me, Jaytb, and many, many friends are adults and enjoy this game as avid gamers).

With that kind of tone, I am sure you didn't expect everyone to have a positive reaction to your post. Jaytb responded in a way considerably less harsh than your post toward him, myself and many many readers of these forums.

As to your actual point about "cheating" our way through a game using elixers, I still strongly disagree. I think you are forgetting that this game has been around over a year. It is populated with many players that started at the beginning and leveled there way to 56 before the current elixer rage. They spent months and months building gold stashes, gear stashes, and learning how to play. As an aside, Jaytb is a skilled player in all three classes and I know this from personal experience.

To now lump everyone that uses an elixer together as a bunch of button mashing cheating noobs just isn't correct. There will always be people that don't know how to play their toon correctly. Perhaps elixers make it easier to hide those kinds of mistakes now. But in no way do elixers allow players to buy there way to the top. It still takes time, effort, (and if you use elixers) money to max out toons and outfit them with top of the line gear.

It rather sounds like you have had a bad experience with inexperienced players acting superior because of good gear or elixers and are now taking it out on everyone assuming everyone is all the same.

Jaytb's advice was actually very correct. The solution to this is to develope a good friend list, join a guild of like minded people, and play with those friends in locked instances. It allows you to play and enjoy the game how you like it. And if that isn't enough perhaps this game isn't for you. I hope that isn't the case, but as I said earlier, this game is suppose to be fun. Your fun and others don't have to be the same, but you do have to be ok with others having fun in the ways they choose to play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I have refrained from posting on this thread for a couple of days because I typically don't get involved in these heated arguments. But here we go....

First, I am an older player. At 33 years old so I most certainly not a kid. Secondly, I USE elixirs! A lot of elixirs. Why, I get maybe an hour of playtime a day. Heck, I spend more time on the forums than in game. Elixir use is not a CHEAT or a game SPOILER.

I run with some of the best players in PL. And you want to know what, most of us use elixirs. Most of us who run with elixirs do so for one reason, to get the most out of our time in game. Using elixirs means I can squeeze a couple of extra runs in.

Now if you really want to test your theory that people who use elixirs are "cheating" or "can't play", then some of us more experienced players should do some non elixir runs with you, and let you see that using elixirs does not mean that you can't play. And maybe even see if your playstyle is really as good as your opinion of yourself indicates.

You have had some of the best players I know in PL post their counter-opinions here in this thread. They have remained civil and repectful of your opinion. You have been the one to be disrespectful.

I value all peoples opinions, until they start flinging around un-founded and derogatory comments to, or about other players. You say you are older, really? Your post does not indicate that you are a mature individual. Heck you are kinda throwing a temper tantrum like my 3 year old.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Great Doubletime!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yvonnel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Just to clarify my arguments in this thread:

- I am not against elixir use.
    - I am not a big elixir consumer.
    - I think that the game is more fun (for me!) with elixirs.
    - Having elixir user (especially the combo elixirs) in the group cause me to basically leech.
    - I do not think that starting my own games for non elixir folks is a solution.
    - I do not know what the solution is. But I definitely see a problem with the current mix of elixir users and non-elixir users. Basically the elixir users are (not intentionally) for the non elixir users into "walking around trying to keep up".

I am sure that there is a solution to this problem that does not include removing elixirs or segregating elixir users and non-elixir users. I do not know what it is but I have seen successful implementations in other games so there is a way. I do believe that having a peaceful and meaningful discussion about it here on the threads could lead to giving STS great ideas on how to resolve this.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

How is using elixrs cheating? I don't really understand.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    It's not cheating if the game allows you to do it or, in fact, encourages you to do so. Case closed. : P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

guys you are right , i will devide my stuff today and disband my account.
    since i started this ill end this case closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

guys you are right , i will devide my stuff today and disband my account.
    since i started this ill end this case closed.
    Cynic, you did not start this, other members and myself have been complaining about this state of affairs for a while now: just take it easy and try and discuss it. No need to quit over 1 feature you dislike bro.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 10-07-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

its already done gave 1,280000 and all my glyps to a guy named bootslips and deleted account.
    Im sorry if i flamed or offended anybody i just wanted to explain myself but it got out of hand.

Im not gonna start this over but i like to have fair game and potions dont add to that.
    cu guys and i want to say goodbye in a nice way
    ALL enjoy the game.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

its already done gave 1,280000 and all my glyps to a guy named bootslips and deleted account.
    Im sorry if i flamed or offended anybody i just wanted to explain myself but it got out of hand.

Im not gonna start this over but i like to have fair game and potions dont add to that.
    cu guys and i want to say goodbye in a nice way
    ALL enjoy the game.
    Cheers Cynic. Sad to see you go.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

thnx guys for the comments, i thought all the forum ppl would kill me for this.
    Like i said i am making my own elixerfree runs, but in the day time not all my friends are online.
    Ive been booting my .ss off, so a lot of elixer users dont like me.

There was a point i dont even know how strong my own gear is because everyone is rushing thru the game!
    Really i wanna pay sts for a fun game, in wht way but not for elixers that spoil the game. and not for gear that u supposed to get when u did a lot of work.
    Like i said there is no 61 around that worked for his gear.
    so why would i now spend money on something that others payed for and there was no work done for it.
    61 with demonic gear just bought it!

sts and devs plz make this game fun and exiting again plz plz plz
    i buy for 100$ plat just to buy nice dungeons or the option to play low lv dungeons with the option to play say forest haven in elite mode.

when i wanted to play a disney game i would write to disney and ask them, the fun in this game was to find ways to kill mobs or to farm until i had a good gear.

@ navy i got enough money to buy me say 10.000 plat so thats not the problem! but what will i be , a bad player with money

actually im a good player with money but dont know where to spend it lol
    I actually like your thought cynic .Some people in the pl world are not fortunate enough to have enough money to buy plat to buy elixirs so erm can I add you?I'd like to do those runs
    Proud reaper of The Dead Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Aww wait cynic is leaving?Bye even though I didn't get to meet you.I shall always support the thought of no elixirs in game.
    Proud reaper of The Dead Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

justb thats really helpfull ty. no i never made any friends ur right.
    I use the word CHEAT and now its my personality??
    @ justb from all ppl i know in this game and all ur helpfull things here on the forum this is what u come up with??? really disapointing

sick twist in this story seems. all the time its my personality man really.
    touch the potions and its some ones personality?

so when i have a good personality cheating my way thru a game isnt that bad thats what u r saying.

really ?????? man ive learned something here

up to the store to buy some potion to boost my personality and since im at it i get some botox to make all complete.

Whoa.

By the way, I just realized your name is Cynic xD.

It all makes sense now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    Whoa.

It all makes sense now!
    hahaha,
    its my favorite band THE CYNICS from usa, 1 of the things from the usa thats real, they make real music on real instruments!!

I said i like to say goodbye in a nice way so dont tempt me
    Last edited by cynic; 10-08-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    Whoa.

It all makes sense now!
    hahaha,
    its my favorite band THE CYNICS from usa, 1 of the things from the usa thats real, they make real music on real instruments!!

I said i like to say goodbye in a nice way so dont tempt me
    Hehehe.. just a funny coincidence.

I'm gonna check them out then.

Poke, poke..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

do, its a great band i think there touring again, i hope to see them for another time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

What i try to explain is that anyone can become 61 in no time even when ur a bad player and everybody can wear a gear with little effort. what fun is that if you worked hard for it like yourself?
    This isn't a new problem/question/argument. Go to the search function and look up "Mynas Gen" or "Mynas Generation" or "power-leveling". No, I don't like playing with people that don't know how to play their chars whether they got there by power-leveling or elixirs or whatever. However....for some people, rushing to the summit (for varying values of "summit") *is* what makes them happy. Some people love making a killing in the CS. Some love farming for stuff. Some love collecting a particular item type. Just because it isn't how I like to play doesn't make it wrong--they're enjoying the game in their own way just as I do. All I have to do is to run with people who enjoy the game in the same or similar way as me and have fun. What they do, affects me not.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

An elixer is a "legal" cheat. It's not a cheat as in hacking or illegal, because STS gives you this opportunity. An elixer gives you better power, armor, etcetera which results in some sort of god-modus, referred in Pc games as a cheat. Basicly you cheat the rules of the balanced virtual world (aka Dungeon), making the world unbalanced. Some people don't like the word cheat, because it has a negative vibe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

finaly someone that understands and perfectly explains what i try to say all along !

it has come this far that ppl dont even know what cheating means in a game, it may be because of the negative vibe but they coverd that by ignoring it and say otherwise as a collective. so if everybody does it its no problem and we call it a opportunity or part of a game .
    result: the world that was build up perfectly by sts is now become a playground where none matters, not how well you play because were walking like gods
    anyway its still cheating, and like my son of 12 says cheating is for losers! (and he learned that on school, its not like i told him)

i looked it up
    to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero. lol
    if its in the dictonary it must be true
    Last edited by cynic; 10-09-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    An elixer is a "legal" cheat. It's not a cheat as in hacking or illegal, because STS gives you this opportunity. An elixer gives you better power, armor, etcetera which results in some sort of god-modus, referred in Pc games as a cheat. Basicly you cheat the rules of the balanced virtual world (aka Dungeon), making the world unbalanced. Some people don't like the word cheat, because it has a negative vibe.
    Wrong. The meaning of cheat is:

transitive verb
    1: to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
    2: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
    3: to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting

intransitive verb
    1a : to practice fraud or trickery
    b : to violate rules dishonestly

Now using elixirs does not qualify under any of the above. Elixirs are provided to us by STS, for the explicit purpose of making things faster for those who don't have hours of time at their disposal for the game. I know so many people (many of whom do not, or have no desire to be on the forums) that only spend 30-40 mins a day in game. Now because they don't have the time available to grind xp for hours, they shouldn't be able to get to end game level? Elixirs make it possible for them to get there. And before you spout off that they can't play the game or whatever, that is blatantly wrong. It is an assumption or characterization based off of your general experience.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The fun is that I get to play how I want to play. If I spend money on an item, I don't expect it to be a crappy item. It should be a special, money-only item. Elixrs are there to use and enjoy. I never quite understood why people hate others who use elixrs. It's not like they're spending your money. If they like to run around like they're caffeine addicts and clear a dungeon on elixrs, let them be. And I have lots of platinum gear because it's special gear that only money can buy. Of course I spent the doe!

And no i'm not willing to pay a monthly fee. Not at all. My monthly fee is paying Comcast money to keep my internet on so I can log into PL and spend money on plat to fund the developers and keep this game free. I have enough bills. Now I have to pay to play a game, too? I did that when I bought my tablet for half a G. Absolutely not!

And for the record, i'm not upset. I love you all. I just have very strong opinions about things.
    And I like people who use Elixirs. They kill faster in turn getting me more xp faster also.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV