Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End Game Guild Wars 5/5 CTF Tournament

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Seem like patheon have loss it ctf team do revalation b advance to play us or not? If so have revelaton b leader contact me and we can play this match soon as 2marro. Lets get all the matches done asap or just dq some teams who havent even try to play.
    I am aware of this, they have until the deadline to match up. If not, rev 2 does advance and will be your next opponent in round 2.
    Ive allowed pantheon to come up w a new member to replace due to losing their 2 teamates. If unable they unfortunatly forfeit.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ok i have a big issue with this tourn. Dev SAM read and no offense to alwaysdtf he seem like he trying be fair.
    Ok alwaysdtf is in tourn and souldnt have the power to make decision it just not right.
    2: tourn have already started and people keep changing lineup after games is already played is bs. To me. If they dont have 5 means they forfeit!
    3: its only right that a dev is in control this tourn and not alwaysdtf cause he is playing. A player is op of a tourn is bogus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Ok i have a big issue with this tourn. Dev SAM read and no offense to alwaysdtf he seem like he trying be fair.
    Ok alwaysdtf is in tourn and souldnt have the power to make decision it just not right.
    2: tourn have already started and people keep changing lineup after games is already played is bs. To me. If they dont have 5 means they forfeit!
    3: its only right that a dev is in control this tourn and not alwaysdtf cause he is playing. A player is op of a tourn is bogus.
    I understand where you're coming from, but DTF doesn't have the sole power here. If Sam sees anything he doesn't like, he can change it; remember, he's the one supplying the prizes, not DTF. WRT changing lineup, I can't say I really like it, but would you rather have byes all the way to the finals? This hasn't really turned out to be as great as we were expecting. First it takes forever to get people to sign up, and then many teams went inactive or split up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

After seeing the results of this tourney, I'd have to say in the future, with similar events: Allow teams to have up to 8 people. It will increase the probability that there's 5 people to play.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

You are basically calling the kettle black. It saddens me that you would say this mainly because when you asked to be in instead of jade I allowed it. So you can replace and step in but others with similiar problems cant?
    It has been tough, Sam Otu and I have done everything short of playing the matches for the teams listed. It is not the host of this tournies fault teams are: unorganized, breaking apart, needing to switch, not playing, not reading/following the rules. Nor was it my doing in generating the bracket. People have time issues, the randomizer doesnt know that.
    True, if your team didnt get cocomini in as a sub and yourself in last minute after brackets generated (deadline) New Age Legends would have been a bye/forfeit.
    So please show a little gratitude and respect. Play your next match this coming week as scheduled, there is still time for all others who have not played to have their match. Simple as that.
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 10-06-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysdtf View Post
    You are basically calling the kettle black. It saddens me that you would say this mainly because when you asked to be in instead of jade I allowed it. So you can replace and step in but others with similiar problems cant?
    It has been tough, Sam Otu and I have done everything short of playing the matches for the teams listed. It is not the host of this tournies fault teams are: unorganized, breaking apart, needing to switch, not playing, not reading/following the rules. Nor was it my doing in generating the bracket. People have time issues, the randomizer doesnt know that.
    True, if your team didnt get cocomini in as a sub and yourself in last minute after brackets generated (deadline) New Age Legends would have been a bye/forfeit.
    So please show a little gratitude and respect. Play your next match this coming week as scheduled, there is still time for all others who have not played to have their match. Simple as that.
    Lol

Name:  beenserved+you%27ve+been+served+you+just+got+funny.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  141.0 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Look up facts before you speak alwaysdtf. I ask to be in before the day tourn started :/. I am saying you making lineup changes after games have been played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ixillicus, how about you stop trolling? your comment does nothing except fan the flames. It is not wanted nor needed here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Brilliant Dominance (Rev2) vs Pantheon:
    Panteon failed to make their second agreed upon time last night of 12 am pacific time (midnight) All 6 members of Rev 2 were on and available, they waited three full hours and three was the most amount ever on. Brod showed but left, Godofra and mothersolo were complete no shows.
    If this match isnt played by 12 noon my time (us central) which is the deadline, Rev 2 wins by default.
    As for Berg Rage and Daantejhs team, neither team showed any effort in making their match. Unity may need to play any of the three teams that did not get their matches in (berd rage, pantheon, daants team) to advance to play winner of New Age Legends vs Brilliant Dominance.
    Severed is scheduled to play Bodyguards on Saturday, the winner faces Revelation.
    Sorry this hasnt been s glorious turn out. We are doing our best to get matches in and played so bare with me.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dtf has taken some heat from a some of us (yes me included) but let's all remember that none of us were willing to host a tourney and I think this has proved it's just about impossible to keep everyone happy. I think we should all thank him for putting this on. I believe he has proved he is trying to be as fair as possible and doing his best to move this tourney along.
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucilulu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Im trying to make a time but yesterday i tried talking to smilingbird but he doesnt react to my PM
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mageprodigy View Post
    Im trying to make a time but yesterday i tried talking to smilingbird but he doesnt react to my PM
    is your team active? go ahead and try to match up vs Unity this weekend into next week.
    Im going to try and get Unity a match or two since I know they are all active and waiting. Maybe berd rage can play them too so they have a first and second round opponent.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Umm, you asked our team if we wanted to play a 4v4, as Buddy wasn't on, and we agreed. So what is the "if they don't have 5 means they forfeit" comment for...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    Umm, you asked our team if we wanted to play a 4v4, as Buddy wasn't on, and we agreed. So what is the "if they don't have 5 means they forfeit" comment for...?
    I don't want to get into this but True, calm down. I'm the man in the middle, agreeing on points from both sides. True, your points are seeming... Hypocritical? And now your rep bar is suffering... I just think u need a few things cleared up ^so I'll try my best...
    1) Alwaysdtf is NOT "running" this tournament and SHOULD be able to play and support his guild because 90% of this is done by the wonderful feature of competitions. Dtf doesn't choose the bracket, Samhayne sends us pm's and notifications. Dtf is a big part but not everything, great job dtf on this tourney!
    2) True, we hav made changes to our line-up and alwaysdtf allowed it. Why does that make us allowed to do that and not others?
    True, it's just a tournament, and I understand where your anger is coming from, u just need some clarification.
    Good Luck Everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is being supportive and positive. We all want more events in the future and being constructive will emcourage more tournaments.
    Big thanks to all, lets keep it moving.

Revelation

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Severed vs Bodyguards:
    10-8

Gg

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

:0

Was the game 3-5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Okay, so now it is:

Revelation vs Bodyguards
    New Age Legends vs Brilliant Dominance
    Unity vs ?
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 10-08-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    :0

Was the game 3-5?
    yes, although at first the match was 4 vs 3. During that time we were up one flag. We couldn't hold off all 5 though. Thanks for the match bodyguards
    Last edited by Kaarataka; 10-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Okay, so now it is:

Revelation vs Severed
    New Age Legends vs Brilliant Dominance
    Unity vs ?
    I believe we at severed are eliminated