Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Omnipotent Crown Of Dreams - 50 platinum right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Why do people care? It is a item ofdered for those that want to spwnd big bucks. I think it looks sick- hey and people spend thousands of plat on elixures- but then when a permamet item is high they freak? Weve even seen this item before. Calm down.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

would be even more awesome as a veteran's reward / if you've already purchased over 500 plat get it cheaper
    STS SUBREDDIT
    Reddit / Steam have claimed me and my soul. aka less Spacetime games

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Barrington For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I see this as a tool to gauge the market. Sometimes I feel like people forget that STS is a gaming development company, meaning a business. Like any business, they gotta pay the bills so we all can enjoy the lush new content they release to us almost daily. Getting upset at any company for releasing a new product is silly IMO. Buying vanity items such as this will encourage more of these items to be made available in the future, so support it or don't. For the cost of it there should be some sort of stats included with it. It kinda reminds me of that armor in SG1 used by the aliens. As cool as it may be to own this vanity, I will withhold purchasing it and save my plat for the epic release of DL.
    Last edited by Orcish; 10-08-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

now i'm thinking now to buy this vanity or buy batman arkham city 2 game for xbox

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I just dont like the idea that there might be more of these 500 plat item, but as long as they arent takin out of the game for players to buy eventually if they want to at one point I have no problem with them as they do need money to develop more content.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its a helm with horns that looks like a peach.....YEA!!!! So *** awesome......
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-08-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

lolollol 500plats i almost roflcoptered.. for the people that need to show that they're rich irl or what not go buy 20k plats and spam X4s please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Buying Crown of Persistence from Vanity Shop 500Plats !!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:440081
    Quote Originally Posted by ocagrevy View Post
    1. Prices in cs arent affected by a vanity u buy with plat and cant resell. If u dont like prices in cs dont pay theyll drop. And im sure u have no complaints when u get glyph obed xbow drop.
    2 i bought and sold many custom,enchanted,fortified peices for 700k+ so considering how new demonic is. The prices are right. even glyph is fairly new.
    3 hard light and name reg was 70plat or more. Chrimson holo was 50plat
    4 ive never met anyone who said no to increased profit why would sts.

1. It was a joke comparing two things that have recently increased substantially in price. I'm fine running with my sewer gear and don't buy what I don't deem worth the gold. If I get a glyph xbox bow sure I wouldn't complain, but I'd sell immediately.
    2. Yes, the price change is due to how new the items are, but thank you for assuring me that the prices are indeed correct.
    3. Hardlight and name reg was 50 plat (same as crimson).
    4. Increasing the profits is STS' job, I just want players to resist a bit or it may bite them in the end and all upcoming vanity may increase to meet demand.

Edit: Everyone is voicing an opinion and letting off some steam about the recent events, I was just adding my input but if you want to come at me bro' by all means have at it. Not telling players how to spend their money just adding some comedy with the reality but I'm guessing that you didn't find my views very insightful; yours on the other hand were quite subjective.
    My bad i thought i remembered paying 75plat for name reserve. I checked my purchase history it was 50

Other than that i was stating facts. if what i said was subjective why did u agree and confirm i was correct? Bro'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Why do people care? It is a item ofdered for those that want to spwnd big bucks. I think it looks sick- hey and people spend thousands of plat on elixures- but then when a permamet item is high they freak? Weve even seen this item before. Calm down.
    People spend money on elixirs because when they get 61 there is a stat benefit, this is completely different, this item has no stats at all and its 500plat! People care about this because when people buy these kind of items, it encourages the devs to continue putting outrageous prices on items, like what we have seen before with the holoshield and the daily deals.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i warned you what way sts would take , u guys didnt believe me
    this is just the start of more gamespoiling things to come.

srry to say i told you so!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    People spend money on elixirs because when they get 61 there is a stat benefit, this is completely different, this item has no stats at all and its 500plat! People care about this because when people buy these kind of items, it encourages the devs to continue putting outrageous prices on items, like what we have seen before with the holoshield and the daily deals.
    Amen. Well said. To each their own and sure, STS needs to make some money, but I'll pass on the stat-less overpriced vanity myself

Sorry, STS. I like supporting youse guys, but stuff like this makes it tougher
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 10-08-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ocagrevy View Post
    My bad i thought i remembered paying 75plat for name reserve. I checked my purchase history it was 50

Other than that i was stating facts. if what i said was subjective why did u agree and confirm i was correct? Bro'
    So other than your obvious mistake everything else is fact right; it's a fact that the cs prices are where they should be? I didn't agree with the statement at all but wondered how you became the Alan Greenspan of the virtual PL world. The post was thick with sarcasm, but I see you missed it so the direct approach is necessary this time. Basically the only confirmation between you and me is that you agree I was correct on the purchase price of the Hardlight and name reservation... nothing more. Look around though, some agree with my thought, some repeat the same points and all you did was pull the arbitrary bits out of it and try to make some convoluted statement about my viewpoint. All of these views are subjective; they're in the eye of the player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Its a big world with a lot of people in it. Not everyone shares the same views on everything. In this case, the item was obviously attractive to some individuals already.

@ those who think this item was a complete fail, some players may feel differently... and in a world full of people, if there's one person, there will certainly be more!

Name:  SC20111008-095643.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  SC20111008-095711-1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  217.3 KB
    Last edited by Navygreen; 10-08-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    That's about 30$ for a crown... woah.

Can we expect these kind of prices to access mount Fang?
    If you buy plat at the cheapest rate, 2000 for $90, it's about $22.50. Still....more than I want to pay for a vanity, even a cool-looking one. But if people want to spend their plat on it, that's their choice. I just don't want to see them in the forums or in towne yelling about how they have no plat to buy elixirs or Halloween stuff afterwards.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

After thinking about it and reading all the comment, this is my opinion...

If you think it's outrageous and that it's not worth it, that's your right. Simple solution, don't buy it.

If you like it, see it as a way to support the devs and have the plat for it, buy it.

I just think some are way overreacting IMO. It's not like it makes your char better or anything (no stats). And nobody HAS to buy it in order to play the game. I have to admit it surprised me to see the price tag at first. I'm just saying that it's completely optional and in no means necessary to enjoy the free content, or make your gaming experience any different/better.

The way I see it, is that devs are just trying new ways to get money to keep this game running, free and being updated. And since it's nothing that you HAVE to buy, I honestly don't see the harm in it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Roc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

the only people complaining are the ones that want to buy it but dont want to spend the money, have it and realizing it has no stats, and those that are just riding the hate train. personally, i wouldnt spend $30 on a piece of virtual equipment thatll serve me no real life purpose (if it were a $30 upgrade like on one of my art apps, then it would benefit me irl and i would spend the money; not the case here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    The way I see it, is that devs are just trying new ways to get money to keep this game running, free and being updated. And since it's nothing that you HAVE to buy, I honestly don't see the harm in it.
    This game is free? O.o

(I kid, I kid).

You are absolutely correct that no one has to buy it, of course. However, when a company prices something suddenly so far out of the norm as to what they had priced other semi-similar items, eyebrows are going to be raised. I think more people are surprised at the price, not that people can or can't afford it. If people will pay it, more power to the company. Won't be from me, though.

And in the words of Forrest KungFuGump, "That's all I have to say about that".
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 10-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Seriously people stop complaiming. Its a frgn VANITY item that serves no purpose other than look cool. You dont need it to boost your stats, compete, or move on in the game. Stop complaining about it, if you dont want it then dont buy it and move on to a more important topic.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Eh...doesn't look to good on my mage. Just my opinion though.

And what?! I got down-repped for reading someone's mind?! I am not superhuman!