Thread: What direction do you think the next gear sets will go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Question What direction do you think the next gear sets will go?

I personally enjoy the futuristic large armor look, and hope the next sets introduce new color schemes. What would you like to see?
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well, aside from the level 23-25 sets, which were sort of desert-planet inspired, the general theme has been futuristic and metallic, with the occasional plasma stream or wing. My guess is the futuristic and metallic theme will continue, and each class will continue to look more and more like mechs. Then again, maybe we'll get another "throwback" set (think the original Battlestar Galactica or Lost in Space).

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

At first my favorite set was the op armor, but the comm set grew on me.
    The more I thought about it the more I thought that the op armor needed to be slimmed down, to me operative make me think of a slender minimalistic type character despite the basis of spamming skills. This time around op's looked just as tanky as comms did maybe even tankier looking because of how chunky it was big heads, big wing/back armor, and big chest armor. By no means am I saying that I disliked the the armor it just felt a bit out of character so to say. Monster big op with dainty little pea shooters? Seems a bit contradictory.
    Engies and comms were pretty proportional armor-wise compared to op's, standing next to a comm it looks as though ops are bigger as well.
    As for the new gear I'm pretty excited as everyone else probably is.

Like what was suggested before in other threads, I'd want a little customization with coloring/dying the armor.
    Maybe being able to replace the colors respectively, like different color sets have them drop like recipes/pinks and/or being able to buy them with plat. Could maybe correlate to coloring weapons as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I love all the armor looks since the beginning, but in my opinion I believe that the New Gear should continue as a Metallic look (Galactic Theme) but with more colors and effects, Also some better color and add a different efffect to Commandos. I love my Commando (its my main) but I think we need better Gear for it. :-) But overall, all the gear for all three toons are hot. Just bring something Galaxy....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    Then again, maybe we'll get another "throwback" set (think the original Battlestar Galactica or Lost in Space).
    This is exactly what thought would happen.. hoping not tho want futuristic mech gear!

All that I wantt is a few different designed gear different colours (black n red camo for com ) with 3 new spines in The Shipyard hoping for at least 2 different types of gear weapons etc or 3 but that maybe a little greedy most of all we (and i believe I speak on everyone's behalf on this) is more customization for avatars we want to look different from the average Joe.. more Vanity + Plat Vanity and just generally more gear instead of having one choice for Com, Engi and Op. Hmm reading this back sound like a cry baby.. butttttt... we want we want we want!!!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    This is exactly what thought would happen.. hoping not tho want futuristic mech gear!

All that I wantt is a few different designed gear different colours (black n red camo for com ) with 3 new spines in The Shipyard hoping for at least 2 different types of gear weapons etc or 3 but that maybe a little greedy most of all we (and i believe I speak on everyone's behalf on this) is more customization for avatars we want to look different from the average Joe.. more Vanity + Plat Vanity and just generally more gear instead of having one choice for Com, Engi and Op. Hmm reading this back sound like a cry baby.. butttttt... we want we want we want!!!
    More combinations could be coming--we're still in early days yet in the game and it was a while in PL before there were many choices. It's going to be hard to beat the Op gear from this go-round. And my wings! My beautiful wings!! Don't make me give those up! *sobs*

Don't make me pull that "digital black and red camo" pattern out again. Remember what it did to your eyes last time! But something a little more colorful and/or splediferous for the Comms would be nice. You guys got a little short-changed in the looks department last time.

Edited hastily to add: No offense!! Really! All the Commandos are gorgeous with great inner-beauty and beautiful personalities! It's the armor I'm complaining about. (Crap! I'm going to die next time I play with a Comm, aren't I?)
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-08-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

As long as the males look male and females look female I will be happy. The desert items were a step in the right direction, but now everybody looks like a robot and I see it as a step backward.

But judging as how the theme will be spaceships, it will probably be more robots.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'm also hoping for a more futuristic look on the new armor, although I don't think the operative/engineer gear should be as bulky as it is now.

I also hope that the new gear has more M/S .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Please of please make the new operative set sleeker. For someone whos supposed to be sneaky...you can see that head and those wings from miles away.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Please of please make the new operative set sleeker. For someone whos supposed to be sneaky...you can see that head and those wings from miles away.
    Easy....I opted to hide helmet. And don't even think about touching my wings, mister!
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    But something a little more colorful and/or splediferous for the Comms would be nice. You guys got a little short-changed in the looks department last time.

Edited hastily to add: No offense!! Really! All the Commandos are gorgeous with great inner-beauty and beautiful personalities! It's the armor I'm complaining about. (Crap! I'm going to die next time I play with a Comm, aren't I?)
    You may die sooner than you think!! I think I see Bod coming... He's probably gonna thump you on the hear, or something, for your comment (which I most certainly did not quote for maximum negative-sounding effect )!

If the robot/mech look will continue, I hope it will be something like the following:
    Com: Not much of a change here, really. I think they did a great job making the Com look like what they are; gigantic piles of muscle and steel with guns ripped from gun turrets!
    Op: Previous set was much too beefy. Slimmer, sleeker, faster, more...deadly! And +1 to Canonical, absolutely don't get rid of the wings!!
    Engie: Make them look a bit more, well...Engineer-like. Seriously, they must have all put their back armor pack on upside-down, because it seemed like it was getting ready to drive them into the ground. Maybe some laser-lights, or something...

Big +1 to bronislav, make the males look masculine and make the females look feminine, without having to remove their armor. Stopping beggars wasn't the only reason my characters run around in the buff while at base!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Easy....I opted to hide helmet. And don't even think about touching my wings, mister!
    I'm no mister!

The wings are terrrriiibbbllleeee Too bulky and too wide. Give me a jet pack like Bobba Fett and I'm a happy girl. I think of an operative as an assassin or a secret agent...oooo like Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My apologies for the "mister"....neither am I. Pfft. Jet-packs are noisy. If you want quiet, well, owl wings come to mind. Think of it as your own personal ornithopter. I love my wings!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

More combinations could be coming--we're still in early days yet in the game and it was a while in PL before there were many choices. It's going to be hard to beat the Op gear from this go-round. And my wings! My beautiful wings!! Don't make me give those up! *sobs*

Don't make me pull that "digital black and red camo" pattern out again. Remember what it did to your eyes last time! But something a little more colorful and/or splediferous for the Comms would be nice. You guys got a little short-changed in the looks department last time.

Would I really do such a thi....... *THUMP* cheers quick xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I'm no mister!

The wings are terrrriiibbbllleeee Too bulky and too wide. Give me a jet pack like Bobba Fett and I'm a happy girl. I think of an operative as an assassin or a secret agent...oooo like Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark
    Jet pack Monday!! Woop! Also not only FF but you like Perfect Dark as well :O One of the best games on N64!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Shipyard, hmm.

I would love to see some new gear that's still futuristic and techy, but more like mercenary/space pirate gear instead of us being shiny chrome soldiers. Imagine... Boba Fett as opposed to Stormtroopers. The intricate and more rugged style has a lot more character, in my opinion.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I would just like the plat, crafted and looted armor sets to have different models, not just different colors.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Whatever direction the devs take on armor I'm sure it'll be quite impressive. I'm just hoping for more pinks..more drops, and complete sets with bonus. I'd like to see something different than the traditional PL sparkles. It would be cool if the special effects on a complete pink set would be something like active jet packs on commando with fire coming out. Or on the operative, wings that have a booster or that can retract or move. I want some WOW factor lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd like to see a redesign in commandos cannons. Love to see a cannon held with 2 hands as the 1 hand suitcase effect is weird. Also why can't we equip a shield with cannons now one arm is free. Also a little bump in damage too.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends