Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilemma with Numa Contest winner..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Wow if that's the way your accident system works in Canada, you should consider moving lol I'm not 100% sure (about 99.99% sure though) that depending on what state you live in, if you are not at fault, regardless of the circumstances, you will not pay for the accident. If someone runs a red light and hit's you, they pay for the damages, your hospital bills, and will lose their license for some period of time if they have enough strikes against them. You, on the other hand, will probably get your license (which you don't even have yet) for 6 months or so, meaning you just can't get it for that time. As long as it's 100% their fault, and in the example you posted, it is, you will not pay for the vast majority if not all of the fees. A good defense attorney can maybe get the charges to 50/50 for both parties, but that's it.

Sorry off topic, just had to reply
    Well this is under the assumption that the person that hit you has insurance. Theres alot of uninsured drivers out there. If they dont have insurance they can pay your bills with potential property they might have. Which normally someone who doesnt have insurance usually dont have any property. I've been hit by an uninsured drunk driver before I got nothing from him, thankfully my insurance company paid for my repairs due to the ccircumstances but i still had to pay my 500 dollar deductible out of my own pocket. That guy in the long run did 11k damage to my truck, not to mention i had just put brand new 22 inch rims on my truck and he messed those up so i was out another 2 grand + had to buy a whole new set for another 2 grand...lol my insurance company ended up suing im pretty sure.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its simple, he admitted to going against the ToS by sharing so he automatically disqualified himself. No winnings to be paid. He will not be angry with this decision because in his head he was expecting this outcome. I would not give him anything. Do not worry about it. Also do not worry about "saving" 65k and looking cheap. You are handing out prizes...thats not cheap lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

That's for Dev's to deal with, I'm gonna pay him.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey Ebalere just pay him bro. I totally agree with ya but its not worth the hassle.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Well, I will pay him, I just don't like it. I understand that I didn't make the contest a legal document, I laid out the rules with faith in people not to abuse it. It's too bad, and discouraging. Sorry to all who donated, your money may possibly go to a short-lived account. I already said if it is one person then I will pay up, even if he lied, but I guess I'm forced to either way. Oh well, thats the way she goes.
    My poor credits (Im not rich you know.. )

Nah I agree with most, read the whole thread, and looks like your gona have to bite your tounge on this one, and like quick said a diclaimer. Even tho this shouldnt be needed, its only way to stop this from happening in the future bro.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:442933
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Well, I will pay him, I just don't like it. I understand that I didn't make the contest a legal document, I laid out the rules with faith in people not to abuse it. It's too bad, and discouraging. Sorry to all who donated, your money may possibly go to a short-lived account. I already said if it is one person then I will pay up, even if he lied, but I guess I'm forced to either way. Oh well, thats the way she goes.
    My poor credits (Im not rich you know.. )

Nah I agree with most, read the whole thread, and looks like your gona have to bite your tounge on this one, and like quick said a diclaimer. Even tho this shouldnt be needed, its only way to stop this from happening in the future bro.
    OK, now I feel like garbage! I still stand by what I said, but this really sucks. Maybe give the player in question the option to refuse the prize. It may not redeem the honor they have lost, but it would be a good gesture and a step in the right direction. If they wonder why you are asking, point them in the direction of this thread...

Please don't forget; you organized a wonderful event, and everyone had a great time. You had over 30 participants that ran their feet off and did so following every rule you set out. And the majority of players were honorable and well-behaved. Only two slots were affected by dishonorable behaviour. Don't let the bad Apples spoil the bunch!

I say this because I can see you are disheartened. I am, too, as are most of the rest of us here. Please don't let this bad experience keep you down. I'm looking forward to your next event!

Maybe the only disclaimer we need is "dishonest = disqualified".

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"Dishonest=your winnings automatically go to Cappinclutch and you can take it up with him." lol! Now THAT I like!

All jokes aside, whether 17, 7, or 45 living vicariously through all of the aforementioned, he beat ya...sad day that it hadda be that way, but it is what it is...now we know for next time.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Don't be too hard on yourself Eb. You're an honest guy so you expect other people to be honest. Let the Devs sort out if any shenanigans took place account-wise while you do the right thing and stand by the rules you set. Next time, throw a disclaimer in there about "...anyone violating the TOS will be automatically disqualified..." and let it go. I'll agree, though, that it's sad that people have to put lines like that in their contest rules.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes its just better to just pay the guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Personal thoughts, would it not be fair to give him a week? Let the devs decide whether to ban or not and give the money if he comes clean? Seems like the most fair option to me, not like he needs the money if he gets banned eh?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you join these contests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If someone did something against the ToS involving a contest I had set up, I would just let it be (besides that handy report button,) provided that it didn't interfere with the contest.

The thing is, this does. All the other contestants were only allowed one run except in the instance that they disconnected mid-run, and it was stated. This certainly sounds suspicious to me, and while you can't be sure, there is a possibility that he could have just been trying to get an unfair second chance.

--

The choice to pay him or not should be based solely on whether or not you feel he took advantage of you to beat the other contestants. If you truly believe he is outright lying, the fairest thing to do is give the money to the rightful recipient: the next in line.

And I agree that ToS issues are more the Devs' problems, even if it's natural to shun them.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atsuki View Post
    How do you join these contests
    You wait until a Race thread is made and reply to it on the forums.. sure another will be made

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    The choice to pay him or not should be based solely on whether or not you feel he took advantage of you to beat the other contestants. If you truly believe he is outright lying, the fairest thing to do is give the money to the rightful recipient: the next in line.

And I agree that ToS issues are more the Devs' problems, even if it's natural to shun them.
    Missed the part where they disconnected and was allowed a second chance..

Well although Eb feels disheartened by this... we made up for it with some amazing fun runs yesterday to take his mind off it and hopefully able to see a little clearer now

Do what you feel is right! exactly what 'Fast' said what ever you decide we have your back on this one buddy and will surely we will fully understand your reason's.

This contest was an awesomely fun event! Which brought the whole SL community together we had great fun! And all that participated can't wait for the next.. saying that even the ones that didn put their name down is prob wishing they had! hehe head up bro we salute you