Thread: Magic/Skill Boss Kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Magic/Skill Boss Kill

This theory comes from Chaudex (Level 45 Bow Bear), he suggested that the final blow to kill the Boss using magic/skill has greater chances to drop PINK?

I have also heard the final kill is a Combo/Crit, will increase the chances to drop epic. That’s why you see 2/3 epic dropped by one Boss in a Group of 5. Can anyone concur with this mystical theory?!

In one of famous Chaudex runs (possible 50 runs) one night to farm Map 1, his group got 6 Talons, 5 Thoth and 1 Horus, plus plenty of other pinks.
    Smartress - Level 55 Enchantress
    Superwise - Level 47 Archer
    Swordpanda - Level 53 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lmao
    People come up with the craziest theories. I've heard everything from this, to lower levels get better drops, to whoever does the most damage gets the best drop. No one wants to believe it is just completely random, even though I've never seen or heard anything approaching evidence that it is not.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Staring mournfully at my copperheads wammo the hammer wishing it was still 1337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I LOVE CHAUDEX he is amazing, we farmed AO2 level 4 for three hours straight and saw 3 thoth plasma swords drop and i dident get anything!!! i was so frustrated
    Kirei-Fnord - lvl 55 - The Origanal Fnord Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You can't flame Royce even an insignificant amount. It won't work

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Love seeing the gamblers fallacy outside of Vegas. Incidently, I got got a pink drop while playing at home in my boxers. Now "the man" won't let me ride the bus anymore ...

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I get some pinks when I'm dead too. Does that count?

Though seriously, it's easy to be misled when you are in a group that "gets 6 talons in one night". I have played with Chaudex, and he's definitely one of the blitz farmers out there, so it's not surprising that the groups he spends time with are also good rush-farmers.

That said, some of these drop rate theories might be true. But we'd love to see a spreadsheet of data.
    --------------- Alterra --------------------
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think I can vouch for this, it does not really matter if it was a combo but it does matter if you dealt the finishing blow and you will be the first to get the loot drop followed by the others.
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am kind of agreeing with magic kill produce better drop rate. Though I cannot prove it for sure, chances are if you group with all hunters, drop is usually quite bad, because they are all on auto shots.
    Smartress - Level 55 Enchantress
    Superwise - Level 47 Archer
    Swordpanda - Level 53 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was farming with someone and he got 3 pinks in no time. 2 of them in a row I think and one was a thoth talon... He said he was eating cherries so maybe thats the secret formula... To bad I don't like cherries..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smartress View Post
    This theory comes from Chaudex (Level 45 Bow Bear), he suggested that the final blow to kill the Boss using magic/skill has greater chances to drop PINK?

I have also heard the final kill is a Combo/Crit, will increase the chances to drop epic. That’s why you see 2/3 epic dropped by one Boss in a Group of 5. Can anyone concur with this mystical theory?!

In one of famous Chaudex runs (possible 50 runs) one night to farm Map 1, his group got 6 Talons, 5 Thoth and 1 Horus, plus plenty of other pinks.
    OMG! 50 runs get 6 talons???!!!??!??!?! I think I ran like eh at least 100 and I only see 1 Horus Talon lol... Ouch!, time to Master the Magic/Skill BOSS KILL!!

Although, I also heard a rumor that if you kill boss faster, more chance of pink drops...
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    OMG! 50 runs get 6 talons???!!!??!??!?! I think I ran like eh at least 100 and I only see 1 Horus Talon lol... Ouch!, time to Master the Magic/Skill BOSS KILL!!

Although, I also heard a rumor that if you kill boss faster, more chance of pink drops...
    I was in this run and one of the 6 talons was my drop It was a magical night
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I hear if kill a boss while while spinning around in a circle and yelling out the letters of the alphabet in reverse, then you get more pinks. Also if you say Justg three times in a row while looking into a mirror, and then kill a boss, everyone gets a pink. I also heard drops are totally random, but that was only the devs saying that, and who would believe such a silly thing...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.