Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Legends EXP Feedback!- Originaly For PL Thread, (Please Thank, If You Agree)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrdevildog View Post
    Hey facebones whos your banner creator
    A guild mate. Not to be off topic you should ask things like this via PM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fac3bon3s For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hey!!! I have a life too, Pocket legends and star legends (not so much) just happen to be my life -.-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fatpigwarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

**Please note: this is not a slam, a dig, a troll or anything else; it's an honest question.** Let's say STS takes this to heart. Let's say they delay to give people a chance to "catch up" (I'll explain about the quotes in a sec). What about the people who join *today*? They're waaaay "behind" everyone else, yes? So we delay the release of new content for them. But people will join tomorrow (hopefully, from STS' standpoint) and the day after that and the day after...you get the point. Who's the target audience you're delaying for? People at level 15 in SL and 30, say, in PL? People at level 20 and 50? People at level 1?

I put "catch up" and "behind" in quotes because what are you catching up to? Who are you behind of? (Yeah, dangling participles, I know.) The level progression is a continuum and there will always be people "ahead" of and "behind" others. Yes, I'll agree that the vanities given for reaching a difficult cap are nice. Do I think they should give bonuses? No, I don't. Or, if they need to have a bonus to make them more special, disallow their use in PvP.

As for "having a life", I'm pretty sure everyone playing has one, although there's nothing in the TOS disallowing the undead from playing. (While it would give a vampire something to do to while away the hours of daylight, their connectivity would likely be horrid six feet under.) People will find time to do what they like to do and spend their available entertainment dollars on things that entertain them. For some of them, it's grinding away to reach a level cap and eating ramen so they can pay for the plat bill. For others, it's a case of pick the game up when it's convenient, play a bit and then walk away to do something else. Both viewpoints are perfectly valid, but you really can't expect so-called "hardcore" results or rewards from casual play. Nor will a "hardcore" grind-aholic experience the game the same way a casual player will. Nor will you see a casual player on the forum 3 days after an update complaining about how bored they are.

Again, this isn't a slam--your viewpoint is a valid one, we just have a difference of opinion. And Kahlua was right--you're not going to make everyone happy. It's not possible. The seriously "hardcore" are wanting new content 3 days or less after a new release (at least they are after they finally get some sleep) and others will always be saying, "Slow it down, for pity's sake". And some of us will be saying, "Pfft. I'll get there when I get there."
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Couldn't have said it any better, Canon!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    **Please note: this is not a slam, a dig, a troll or anything else; it's an honest question.** Let's say STS takes this to heart. Let's say they delay to give people a chance to "catch up" (I'll explain about the quotes in a sec). What about the people who join *today*? They're waaaay "behind" everyone else, yes? So we delay the release of new content for them. But people will join tomorrow (hopefully, from STS' standpoint) and the day after that and the day after...you get the point. Who's the target audience you're delaying for? People at level 15 in SL and 30, say, in PL? People at level 20 and 50? People at level 1?

I put "catch up" and "behind" in quotes because what are you catching up to? Who are you behind of? (Yeah, dangling participles, I know.) The level progression is a continuum and there will always be people "ahead" of and "behind" others. Yes, I'll agree that the vanities given for reaching a difficult cap are nice. Do I think they should give bonuses? No, I don't. Or, if they need to have a bonus to make them more special, disallow their use in PvP.

As for "having a life", I'm pretty sure everyone playing has one, although there's nothing in the TOS disallowing the undead from playing. (While it would give a vampire something to do to while away the hours of daylight, their connectivity would likely be horrid six feet under.) People will find time to do what they like to do and spend their available entertainment dollars on things that entertain them. For some of them, it's grinding away to reach a level cap and eating ramen so they can pay for the plat bill. For others, it's a case of pick the game up when it's convenient, play a bit and then walk away to do something else. Both viewpoints are perfectly valid, but you really can't expect so-called "hardcore" results or rewards from casual play. Nor will a "hardcore" grind-aholic experience the game the same way a casual player will. Nor will you see a casual player on the forum 3 days after an update complaining about how bored they are.

Again, this isn't a slam--your viewpoint is a valid one, we just have a difference of opinion. And Kahlua was right--you're not going to make everyone happy. It's not possible. The seriously "hardcore" are wanting new content 3 days or less after a new release (at least they are after they finally get some sleep) and others will always be saying, "Slow it down, for pity's sake". And some of us will be saying, "Pfft. I'll get there when I get there."
    Great post remind me to come back and thank fairy it when my button comes back. Couldn't agree more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Well said Canon

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Great post remind me to come back and thank fairy it when my button comes back. Couldn't agree more.
    198 :O

EDIT! OMG!!!!!! We were visted by The Thanks Fairy! Can you believe it! :O *speachless*
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-19-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Again not to be off topic. But there are new additions to the thank button. You can comment on why it was "thank" worthy or not. Very cool.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Facebones, just because it was someone in your guild who made it doesnt mean you have to be secretive. It was my understanding that neon genisis had no enemy guilds. Just saying.
    Uidrec lvl 30 Engineer Dragon Godz Guild Master. Check out our website at www.wix.com/jrdevildog/dragongodz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    If you can't take criticism, don't make threads.
    +1

STS needs to make sure that the hardcore players are also taken care of. Remember, casual players in terms of platinum expenditures per player aren't as high as the hardcore. It can't cater 100% to your needs.

I firmly agree that the release of new levels should not be delayed unless even the hardcore players disagree.

And this is coming from a university student. Not everything in life will cater to your needs. Kahlua is right and he was not trolling, merely stating a fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think the best way is to just manage your time well. I go to college at night and full time job as a metal worker. What I do is put star legends in between them, before and after. I mean I will admit that I'm not where I wanna be in sl lvl 30 op lvl 19 engineer and lvl 26 commando but I'm satisfied where I am considering I'm juggling all of this. I sometimes play sl while I take my work breaks or...in the toilet( no joke) and before I sleep and if I have an extra hour before waking up. I'm sure there are others like me out there. What I will suggest is make a schedule that can satisfy all your needs and have a goal. Before you know you'll be up there too and living your life, it's not gonna be easy but hey. If life is easy then it's not worth living. It's given that the hardcore people will have better gears and items first but hey that's y they are aphard core. This is just my 2 cents and it kinda works for me. This can also help yur time management skills which is needed in life.

(I will admit if I have a kid and a wife sl needs to make lots of room or totally bye bye)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Can't please everyone, honestly :\ people complain that they maxed out and there's nothing to do till new content comes out, and then you have this where people complain about the polar opposite.
    [QUOTE=Gamelova;451572
    If you can't post anything nice, then don't post anything at all.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't being mean...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I personally think that the xp in pocket legends gives more than star legends. This really is annoying because it takes ages to lvl on star Legends. Also the free elixir on pocket legends gives about 300xp, however the free elixir on star legends gives about 100xp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I personally think that the xp in pocket legends gives more than star legends. This really is annoying because it takes ages to lvl on star Legends. Also the free elixir on pocket legends gives about 300xp, however the free elixir on star legends gives about 100xp
    This is all dependent on threat level, enemy density, and efficiency.

Threat level being the color orb next to the enemy's head (red being hardest enemy and more xp, and blue or green being the lowest xp...I don't know which is lower).
    Enemy density being how many enemies there are on the map and how big/small the map is.
    Efficiency being how fast you move, how fast you kill, and if you stop to type/open chest/open side doors.

^^It's amazing what you can learn from reading guides and info on the forums^^ (pertaining to threat level)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help