Thread: Guide : Posting Screen Shots Via IoS Devices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Guide : Posting Screen Shots Via IoS Devices

This guide is intended to help people post screen shots from their "IoS" devices to the forums.

If your looking to do this with an Android device there is a great guide here.

First I would like to suggest anyone who can, download the Adobe Photoshop App or Crop image manipulation app. These apps will allow you to rotate the image on your device. They are both free.

Once you have the app and open it you will be able to select the image you want to manipulate. There are a bunch of other effects you can use. But all you really need is the rotate image tool. And now save it.

So for people uploading images to the forums from your devices this is your best bet. I would also like to add that I am using the Iphone 3G. If there is a photo editing tool on the Iphone 4-4s this could be used also.
    There is a new image editing tool with the new iOS 5. This removes the need to use any other apps.

For those of you that post screen shots from your computers. It is just as easy. I am using a windows OS not an Apple OS.

Step 1 - Link your device to your computer.

Step 2 - If you have the auto play feature enabled it should prompt you to open device to view files. Do this. If you do not have auto play then what you will need to do is go to " My Computer " or just "Computer". Select your device from the list of storage options there. And continue to follow these instuctions.

Step 3 - Open " Internal Storage", Open DCIM folder, Open next folder( Mine was called 800AAAAA )

Step 4 - You should now be in your image folder. All your screen shots will be here with any photo's you have taken. Select the image you want to post and copy it to desk top or a folder you would like to save it to.

Step 5 - Open the image by double clicking it. It should automatically open with windows photo viewer.

Step 6 - Rotate to desired position and close window. It will save the way the image was adjusted when you closed it.

I hope this helps anyone who has trouble uploading images. As it will help a lot of us from developing neck strains and possibly death.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 10-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fac3bon3s For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Or you can click the plus sign and click image and add it. Just saying. Great guide though (:
    Last edited by adidaman; 10-20-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

A super easy way that works for me is just uploading it to photobucket (free and allows you to crop, rotate, and edit image) and then copy the [/img] link at the bottom then just paste it where ever you want that picture to be added

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

My intentions were to remove the need to use external websites and added steps. To upload to Photobucket you would still need to have in saved on your computer or download the mobile Photobucket app. Which is no different than using the two apps I have described. Plus if you use the Photobucket app you will need to access the internet. So if you're on the go this removes the need to use more of your data.

I did not intend photobucket to line up so perfectly on the left side there. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

For the rotation problem (on iPads, anyway), if you have the rotation lock on when the screen is in landscape, it'll take the picture that way and it'll persist in Photos. Doesn't help much with cropping or resizing or... But, it's a good way when all you care about is the orientation.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Can you view images on Ipad in all four directions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Can you view images on Ipad in all four directions?
    I'm not sure what you mean, Face. I can rotate the screen and tip them around, but that's about it. Photos is (sad to say) sadly lacking in tools to rotate, crop or anything else. That's why I resorted to the "fool the iPad into thinking I want the pic in Landscape" routine using the Rotation Lock switch.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean, Face.
    There are four sides to the Ipad. Can you view images and play games with each side as the base? On Iphones it is either one way or the other when playing games. But to view images I can rotate it so that it will display when tilted right and left but not upside down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Ah! No, two ways only for the game--both long-side-ways or Landscape. Can't view it up-and-down. For photos, I can flip it all the way around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    My intentions were to remove the need to use external websites and added steps. To upload to Photobucket you would still need to have in saved on your computer or download the mobile Photobucket app. Which is no different than using the two apps I have described. Plus if you use the Photobucket app you will need to access the internet. So if you're on the go this removes the need to use more of your data.

I did not intend photobucket to line up so perfectly on the left side there. LOL
    Considering they would be taking screenshots of a game that requires access to the internet & the computer that your talking about using will need access to the internet I don't really see the difference...lol ... As for the external apps that's why they were created, convenience. In regards to added steps? The download of photobucket is a one time event so counting that out all you would have to do is:
    click on screenshot> share via photobucket> open photobucket> select photo> copy & paste desired link

Using this method I can take and post a screenshot in approx 30 seconds (depending on connection)

Im not saying your way is wrong by any means and TBH I didn't I know that it could be done that way so thanks for sharing however With that said it just seems like a lot more work then is necessary.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Considering they would be taking screenshots of a game that requires access to the internet & the computer that your talking about using will need access to the internet I don't really see the difference...lol ... As for the external apps that's why they were created, convenience. In regards to added steps? The download of photobucket is a one time event so counting that out all you would have to do is:
    click on screenshot> share via photobucket> open photobucket> select photo> copy & paste desired link

Using this method I can take and post a screenshot in approx 30 seconds (depending on connection)

Im not saying your way is wrong by any means and TBH I didn't I know that it could be done that way so thanks for sharing however With that said it just seems like a lot more work then is necessary.
    I'm not sure how I should respond. At the beginning of your post you mock me. Then you try to make nice with a smiley face at the end. I'm only trying to help the unfamiliar. Could you either support it or not post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

On iOS 5 you can just rotate/crop from within the camera roll (as you mentioned). As for the uploading of pics, I mostly use tapatalk, it allows you to directly upload pics to either STS or use 'tapatalk hosted'. Or, as mentioned here, photobucket works well for that too. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice guide, but I wouldn't want to connect my phone to my PC/Mac everytime I want to rotate/upload a pic
    Last edited by JaytB; 10-20-2011 at 10:19 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    On iOS 5 you can just rotate/crop from within the camera roll (as you mentioned). As for the uploading of pics, I mostly use tapatalk, it allows you to directly upload pics to either STS or use 'tapatalk hosted'. Or, as mentioned here, photobucket works well for that too. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice guide, but I wouldn't want to connect my phone to my PC/Mac everytime I want to rotate/upload a pic
    Which is why I had listed two ways of doing it. The PC option is for those that don't read the forums via their mobile device. Maybe it's just me. I am still using a 3g Iphone so doing anything on it other than using the phone is time consuming.