Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: FPS and Heat on iPhone 3G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy FPS and Heat on iPhone 3G

Hi everyone,

I play PL using the iPhone 3G version 4.0.1 and sometimes I get FPS issues, especially when a lot of things are going on at once on screen. In addition, I notice my phone will get hot.

My question is, what are the best settings to use both in game and on the phone to prevent or reduce the effects of these two things?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i donno what fps means besides 'first person shooter' but im guessing your talking about pixels or framerate or sumthing along those lines.

i suggest going into options in pocket legends and turning high detail off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    i donno what fps means besides 'first person shooter' but im guessing your talking about pixels or framerate or sumthing along those lines.

i suggest going into options in pocket legends and turning high detail off.
    FPS=Frames Per Second. If you care that much, turn on pixel double and go Mario style!

EDIT: Check your ping, the lower, the better, might just be bad wi-fi connection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hornee View Post
    Hi everyone,

I play PL using the iPhone 3G version 4.0.1 and sometimes I get FPS issues, especially when a lot of things are going on at once on screen. In addition, I notice my phone will get hot.

My question is, what are the best settings to use both in game and on the phone to prevent or reduce the effects of these two things?

Thanks
    I'm using an iphone 3g but I haven't upgraded to 4 yet. Your fps issues are most likely both connection and hardware based. My iphone gets extremely hot when I play using 3g but I find that playing on airplane mode with wi-fi on is the most effective way to play. It keeps the phone cool and extends the battery life greatly. However, the downside to this is I can really only play on airplane mode late at night when nobody would be contacting me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Never tested airplane + wifi, will give it a go, didn't know it was possible coz I thought airplane mode disables all communication utility but since wifi has it's on standalone switch, I guess it can be operated separately.
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Pixel double mode will not help on the 3g. Low detail helps, and disabling whichever network interface you aren't using helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Pixel double mode will not help on the 3g. Low detail helps, and disabling whichever network interface you aren't using helps.
    Actually I was just testing this yesterday, and your right. The ping significantly decreases when you disable HQ. Is this more of a hardware not being able to support issue or a connection quality issue?
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    FPS=Frames Per Second. If you care that much, turn on pixel double and go Mario style!

EDIT: Check your ping, the lower, the better, might just be bad wi-fi connection.
    Lol Mario style
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hornee View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    Another q to add on whats the memory like on ur phone? Updatin to 4.0 or higher on the 3g has been causin the 3g to become EXTREMELY slow... this is also sometging to take into consideration when it comes to FPS and playin an mmo on the iphone
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi everyone thanks for the replies.

Well, I now realize that the source of my issue may be that I'm not using wifi. It seems like all of you guys are using it, and I use 3G because the wifi on my phone broke (the phone is unable to find any networks even if I'm at my house in a place where my laptop can connect to the router using wifi). So i usually get around 300-500 ping which may be the source of the issue. Jstizar's post helped me the most because my phone is doing the exact same thing; getting hot and having a lower battery life when playing PL on 3G.

Oh also I've been using low quality since the beginning.

purearch I am not sure what you are asking... but I have the 8gb 3G iphone updated to 4.0.