Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is/was your favorite map area?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    I believe AO2 was the best when 45 was the cap. Rushing was still alive and well and there was a smaller community that basically everyone knew everyone. The were several add-ons to keep me trying for more! And the RUMORS... Omg were they crazy! We didn't have a HUGE forum community to test and prove anything. Instead we believed half of them and felt like idiots in the end...
    Yeah, I started when the level cap was 45 (long before my forum join date) and had no idea what rushing was until I got there....and was like, WTF are these crazies doing???? That is where I first met Royce, spouting wisdom to the noobz like me at the time.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Oh my gosh, I remember 45-cap so fondly I can distinctly remember feeling so proud putting on my Thoth and Isis armor and spending so long trying to get a Zuraz(eventually getting 2 in back to back runs )...definitely some great times

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I personally like AO3 as others have stated. Farming, XP etc. Even helps for some of the lower levels to help them lvl up and you still get items out of it if not xp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I loved Balefort Sewers when it was first released, Alien Oasis was really good. However I don't like Ancient Swamps. Very dull maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I like old FH and DF and that lots of the equips had variations. BS brought some of that back and I was happy to see it.

I loved the old swamp. So much so that I created a character (my name sake) to level solely in that area: "I grew up in the swamps and I do not need to see any more!" I liked that the swamp equips had interesting designs and themes. I would like to see more of this.

I enjoyed rushing. Rushing really got the heart pumping. It's been replaced by the elixired-party: Rush, but kill everything on the way. And without the heart-pumping part.

I enjoyed the really rare pinks and farming for a month to get one. I suppose now they're called plat vanities...?

I enjoyed Frozen Nightmares, when it killed everyone. A lot.

I enjoyed AO3, when it killed everyone. A lot.

I really enjoyed when the 1st traps/barrels came out -- funny! And blowing people across an area became a sport.

I enjoyed the 1st iteration of the Shadow Caves.

I'm not sure how enjoyable everything is now, when everyone is elixir-addicted and it's almost like rushing again. We used to practice our combos. More people seem to elixir through these day, rather than try to figure out a more elegant way.

Anyways, I'm probably just nostalgic for a simpler time.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Swamp ftw. Mos amazing looking weapons are from there. Voodoo doll, voodoo pin, voodoo staff. I like it most.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

My favorite so far has to be Shadow Caves. Even as a lvl 60 party you can STILL get party wiped in two hits from the witch :/. But this is probably the only campaign where you've needed a good strategy and a good party throughout every level cap since it's inception.

I have a feeling that Mt. Fang is gonna be my new favorite though

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

alien oasis and shadow cave were really fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

also here AO3 campain. it was like a new game, awesome designs of all new items which were revolutionary for. also new kind of bosses and pre-nerf it was dam hard!
    i remember i never had a alien blaster in ao2, then i got my first megablaster... it was so awesome...

after that nothing exiting came anymore... just recolored old items with better stats..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

AO2

and sewers (i like the calming effect of the water drops)

DL: Mia - lvl 31 | SL: Mia - lvl 48 - commando | Darling - lvl 51 - operative
    PL: Miafee - lvl 71 enchantress | Perimia - lvl 53 - enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sewers were fun too, verything before nuri was fun btw. nuri waiting was to long and killed the rest of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I enjoyed the sewers mainly because of the challenges it presented and then, later, it was the fun of practising combos, watching the bears get better and better at round ups, and the mobs melting away with nature strikes, shatter and megas

I got tired of AO because of the cyber quests... oh the pain of doing pugs with the shadow shards quest (selfish folk running around releasing more monster prisoners before the last one was killed), having people tell us not to use shield at the keeper (lmao), getting the orbs snatched at Gurgox by non-mages and having to walk that long way back with the clueless saying 'rev'. After cyber and hitting 53, I did not ever want to re-enter AO. But the nice part of it was that I got to know the people I still play with today--AO seems to be the place where many made friends and actually spoke to each other.
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    AO seems to be the place where many made friends and actually spoke to each other.
    Ikr! So true, people don't speak to each other in nuri's at all. In AO and even sewers everyone made friends with each other and had fun.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    Ikr! So true, people don't speak to each other in nuri's at all. In AO and even sewers everyone made friends with each other and had fun.
    I believe that part of it is the elixirs--people who are intent to get the most of their elixirs (and real money) are not going to stop and chat. But there's also something about AO that others have touched on that encourages people to talk to each other more.
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

The reason people talked to eachother was because some strategy was desired IMO... Gurgox, best explain not to take the rings before he farts.. Lipstick/crayon (aka overlord), better to pull the snipers out first before barging in... Victory lap, coordinate the order of the portals you're going to take. There was some talking in sewers too, especially when a good bear was coordinating where he'd pull next. In nuri's the bosses don't present much of a challenge in therms of strategy, a bear can't even beckon most of the bosses. Also the mobs in symphony hit way harder, so people are more likely to spam health pots instead of having a conversation with eachother. At least that's what I think

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I would have to agree with old AO3 as well as the Shadow caves when you could only access them through the portal... NOT that new desolated area on the map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

AO trilogy -- definitely fun!
    Sand caves, balefort Sewers, shadow caves, where strategies are needed to kill boss...
    Fathom crypt mega maze mash-up for level up!
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'd have to go with AO3, as well. The quests were good. Rewards were nice (cyber gear). It as possible to get decent gear through hard work and gold/plat were not an issue. Good memories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    I believe AO2 was the best when 45 was the cap. Rushing was still alive and well and there was a smaller community that basically everyone knew everyone. The were several add-ons to keep me trying for more! And the RUMORS... Omg were they crazy! We didn't have a HUGE forum community to test and prove anything. Instead we believed half of them and felt like idiots in the end...
    WORD. Couldn't have put it better. Only other thing I can think of adding was how you could rush levels 1-5 to get the rare items. Or just run plasma for steady income with isis and thoth drops, and large amounts of mob gold dropping.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja