Thread: *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    I guess I'm confused (not enough coffee, I suspect). If you make the Prince and "Deep Space" permanent, does that mean everyone has to do the XP grind? As it is now, you can grind and get the helmet or say the heck with it and just play. If you attain the "extra" cap, you get a reward. If you don't like grinding, you don't have to do it, you just wait until the next cap raise and continue leveling normally. If it's permanent, everyone that hits 55 in PL would now have an 89k (if I remember correctly) speed bump between them and 56. Followed 5 short levels later by a 100K speed bump. Or a 49K speed bump in SL from 35 to 36.

I get where you're going with wanting to remove the "I don't have the time to hit the cap before the next update release" argument, as well as people feeling bad for not getting gear someone else got because they happened to start later. With it as a temporary opportunity, that enormous grind goes away after the next content update. I'm just thinking if I was a new player to PL today and hit those two obstacles back-to-back....ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Although I like your idea, I don't think STS would do that. Why? Because now we all use so much elix to rush to level cap to get a unique vanity item. While then, we would have all the time in the world to do that. I think elix usage, which is a huge plat-sink, would be way less that way. Although I could think of some counter arguments, I honestly believe it would lower the plat spend on elix.

Don't get me wrong, I really like your idea a lot, it's the kind of solution Tankkaar posted a while back already (he didn't make a thread about it though). It would actually allow an option to get to 56, 61, 66... the long way, and so giving you a chance to get the vanity items.

So yeah, I'm anxious to hear more opinions about this
    If you want the vanity you have to do the grind. no if and or buts....but if its a MISSION you can accept/deny to do the level cap.
    I am a new player to PL im a lv 60 there, and would love to get that awesome cap... now if it was a mission....the opportunity is still there

To Jay...
    there is other ways to increase cash flow for devs, increase plat items, add this to a subscription option, putting this option as a deal of the day giving you a time frame ect...

In a business perspective:
    Happy players burn money and find ways to do it.

-Benefits the old player, because the new players still have to do the grind.
    -New players can have a chance too...we all want to collect
    -if you want an old vanity (prestigious cap), then the monsters/enemies will be updated to suit your level (will still force you to use elixers)
    Last edited by octavos; 10-24-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos