Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
If you want the vanity you have to do the grind. no if and or buts....but if its a MISSION you can accept/deny to do the level cap.
I am a new player to PL im a lv 60 there, and would love to get that awesome cap... now if it was a mission....the opportunity is still there

To Jay...
there is other ways to increase cash flow for devs, increase plat items, add this to a subscription option, putting this option as a deal of the day giving you a time frame ect...

In a business perspective:
Happy players burn money and find ways to do it.

-Benefits the old player, because the new players still have to do the grind.
-New players can have a chance too...we all want to collect
-if you want an old vanity (prestigious cap), then the monsters/enemies will be updated to suit your level (will still force you to use elixers)
Increase plat items? I don't know about that. It would make people with less money very unhappy if they had to pay 50-100 plat for a face, helmet... You could already see the reactions when 1 item was there for 500plat. And pets are 250plat in PL now. Still not as much in SL, but still a great deal for certain people. Plat (vanity) items, are always meant to be a cheap way to distinguish your character IMO, and a stepping stone to buy some plat. That's how I bought my first amount of minimum plat, because I could buy several faces/hats.. with it.

And how is that scaling of older levels going to work? I mean, as soon as someone with a 'prestige xp' quest pops in a room of level 61-66.., who are farming a lower level, the enemy would suddenly scale? I like to jump into games sometimes just to help random people out with my high level toon. If all enemies would be scaled when someone enters with a 'prestige quest', that would become a pain.

I also don't see how it 'benefits' the old players to tell you the truth. The old players could as well feel cheated out because their unique vanity item becomes available for everyone all of a sudden. I'm not saying that I would, because I honestly couldn't care less. But seeing the whole founders helmet discussion that was going on on the forums, I'd expect similar heated discussions, where especially the old players will have to take their stance in.

But again, don't get me wrong, I might not 'sound' like it, but I'm actually all for returning the old items and giving people a chance to get them the hard way. I'm simply typing my opinion about what you said here