Quote Originally Posted by octavos:460840
Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
It doesn't matter if the exp add up, to be honest.

The fact that this will make the vanities permanently available makes a huge difference.

Putting a time restraint on the vanity helms will encourage players to rush to the level cap because once it is gone, you can never get one again. Like I said, people pay more for something that is limited. The devs know that. That's the whole point of the item being "elite."

When the item becomes permanent like you suggested, yes it gradually becomes harder to acquire, but you still can get it. HUGE DIFFERENCE. It takes away to the value and rarity of the item. Hence, people would eventually realize it really isn't worth paying.

In my opinion, it's all psychological. People value something rare or limited, and they will pay a lump-sum amount of money just to get their hands on it.

Though like I said, I like the idea in some way, but I just don't see it happening.
Well the other reason i wanted this is because the time frame is unknown. we dont know when the update will be done...i have been trying on 3x and 4x elixir to obtain all three helms.

Elite are people who win contests, help the community, and are GOA and SG, devs creating a post for the first to reach a cap or Ardon for naming REVIT. that IMO is the ultimate symbol of elite

These helms all people who do the xp run and do the work like others did, If this dont get input, its ok....life goes on. But, IMO theirs some things you can't get by just killing stuff....there are more revered and honorable ways of achieve ELITE status my friend. Im guessing your one of the first ppl to reach a cap, if so congratz to you my friend.
I personally don't agree with your description of an elite player, buying everyone's got their own opinion about it.

And believe me, I do understand your point.
I'm sure STS will come up with some sort of permanent quest/reward (for example, the Cyber gears in PL. Different, but you get the idea) in the future, but keep the elite vanity set from being permanent.

And no, I haven't reached the cap, good sir.